The Game of Your Childhood

Legend932

So many to choose…Super mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Warcraft 1&2 and Starcraft. Father got me into the RTS ones :)

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Street Fighter 2, I remember people lining up quarters on the lip of the screen for who had the next challenge.  This is followed extremely closely by Final Fantasy 1 on NES

The first computor game i ever played was a game called nanosaur on an old mac, then one of my favorite game i got when i got a ps2 and that was need for speed hot pursuit 2

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Has to be the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This was practically my first game ever, which was on the Nintendo 64 when I was like 5. Played it on and off for the next 7 years, with my cousins. Fishing probably took up most of our time though, Loved every minute of it

My whole year level playing HALO custom edition with all the crazy maps and guns was one of the highlights of school for me

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

Pokemon got to catch them all!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

tumblr_m6mpanXWqQ1qa98mro1_400.jpg

So many things I could write here... things like this.

The game(s) of my childhood hands down would be:

1. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
  2. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Those two games took up a good 9 years of my gaming time. None of this physics bullet drop 6,000,000,000 objects moving on your screen. You had an objective, you worked as a team and completed it.

With some spawn killing involved of course.  ^_^

Racing evolution 2 on gamecube and a sonic game on the gamecube as well

Dino Hunt, bruce lee and hawkeye on commodore64

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Crash bandicoot

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Gba: Pokemon Leaf green and Emerald

PS1: Tempest 3

Ps2: Gran turismo 4

PSP: Dynasty warriors

PS3: Battlefield Bad company 2

pc early still using dell stages: minecraft back in 2010 was too awesome.

Pc NOW: Need for speed worlds and skyrim

Future: Pokemon in HD, end of story.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Had to be Spyro on the PS1 along with Crash Bandicoot! Memories right there :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Had a megadrive at First, so Sonic 1.

Little later Unreal Tournament on PC and the Pokémon series. And that was essentially all I played for a long time.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Well I go back to the 80's and my game of choice was Jetset willy and Lunar Jetman and of of course that awesome 3d space classic Elite on my ZX Spectrum, ah the 80's when we did not have internet but we had awesome TV shows. 

Cry Havoc!

Here's some all from commodore64:

Balderdash:

Leisure suit larry:

Pitfall:

spelunker:

Finally the first childhood game that is older than an N64!

We had an Amiga 500. What a machine. So many games from Lemmings to Populas, The Simpsons Bart vs The Space Mutants to the original Sim City. Loved those games. Loved that computer. Pity it no longer works.  :(

Edit: Now I am looking up cost of second hand Amiga's. lol

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Finally the first childhood game that is older than an N64!

We had an Amiga 500. What a machine. So many games from Lemmings to Populas, The Simpsons Bart vs The Space Mutants to the original Sim City. Loved those games. Loved that computer. Pity it no longer works.  :(

Edit: Now I am looking up cost of second hand Amiga's. lol

you can download emulators and roms for all the old games. Bucket loads of commodore 64 stuff so I would be surprised if you couldn't get the amiga gear.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

you can download emulators and roms for all the old games. Bucket loads of commodore 64 stuff so I would be surprised if you couldn't get the amiga gear.

I wouldn't stain my memories of the Amiga with an emulator. I'll do it with most other computers but that one is special. There is something very different about playing on an emulator and actually playing the real thing. Yeah looking around I saw one for around €80-€100 which isn't bad. Only problem is finding the games and software for it. I'd say that is a bit trickier. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Well now, here is a trip down memory lane for some of us!

Half Life (PC)

20100812094415!Half-Life.jpg

GTA III (PS2)

256px-GTA3boxcover.jpg

Deus Ex (PC)

250px-Dxcover.jpg

Red Alert (PC)

Command+&+Conquer+Red+Alert+%281%29.jpg

Startopia (PC)

Startopia.jpg

Black and White (PC)

984ce253c5da910f0c9aa80e96978972-Black__

AEO & AOEII (PC)

age-of-empires.jpg

aeafc02520dfca124f6fbe4a93550f06-Age_of_

Thief (PC)

thief-the-dark-project-box.jpg

FFVII-IX (PSX)

4fbc596a17940.jpg

500px-Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg

Final%20Fantasy%20IX%20%5BDisc1of4%5D%20

Croc (PSX)

Croc.jpg

Crash (PSX)

psone_crash_bandicoot_ntsc.jpg

crashbandicoot2cortexstqv6.jpg

psone_crash_bandicoot_3_warped_ntsc.jpg

Spyro (PSX)

777646-spyro_ntsc_front.jpg

Ocarina of Time (N64)

_-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Ocarina-of-Time-N6

Theme Park World (PC)

theme-park-world.jpg

Escape from Monkey Island (PC)

_-Escape-From-Monkey-Island-PC-_.jpg

Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox then later PC)

250px-Kotorbox.jpg

Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

imagelg6.jpg

Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)

250px-Super_mario_sunshine.jpg

These are the ones that come to mind immediately, the one I spent the most time playing was without a doubt Age of Empires II, that game absorbed my life at the time, I also have played through the original half life and it's expansions quite a few times.

The games from that list that I have played in the last month are Deus Ex and Metal Gear Solid.

Croc.jpg

That there.

That was a fantasic game :) Also the first Ratchet and Clanks and Crash Bandicoots were amazing.

Age of empires 1, NFS Road challenge/High stakes and Crash bandicoot 2 Cortex strikes back

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

Runescape... Man I miss those wildy times haha :)

Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @4.5Ghz CPUcooler: Corsair H80 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1833Mhz MOBO: MSI Z77A-GD65 GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 670 PE OC PSU: Corsair TX850 FANS: 5x Noctua NF-F12 CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with Adjust 108 Fan Controller

Star wars battlefront 1,2 and pokemon

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog