How Overpriced is Alienware? 2.0

Mao_Zedong

Yeah, I mixed up the pound and euro signs. I do that way more than I should at this point...

I looked at the original post and nearly choked on my lunch, has it ever been that bad!? <_<

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

Did you at any time count in the warranty sercvie alienware provides? As a company owned by Dell I have at least heard the warranty service is really great compared to the pain in the back side of troubleshooting and shipping components that might come with a custom built PC.

I looked at the original post and nearly choked on my lunch, has it ever been that bad!? <_<

I assume you're thinking pence, but what he meant was pounds.

Did you at any time count in the warranty sercvie alienware provides? As a company owned by Dell I have at least heard the warranty service is really great compared to the pain in the back side of troubleshooting and shipping components that might come with a custom built PC.

Yes and no. If you get a PC built by NCIX, then you add $50, but you also get an overall warranty. 

I assume you're thinking pence, but what he meant was pounds.

No I meant, $1 to £0.9 exchange.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

Oh. It has been more like $1 to £0.8 before, but then Greece went bankrupt and brought the value of the euro down.

We weren't too badly affected by that, lowest I've seen it is $1.54 to £1

We weren't too badly affected by that, lowest I've seen it is $1.54 to £1

Hmm. I haven't been looking at conversion rates for that long, so I assumed thats what did it.

I7 4790K

GTX 960

Alienware is doing it wrong.

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

Why does everyone hate on alienware ? its really gotten old, you could use the exact same arguement for origin or other custom boutique computer companies, alienwar is expensive there is a reasion why.

their laptops are customizable well built have lot of lighing effect that that can be customized furthermore you can actually swapt out gpus and there graphics cards as they are all standerd.

there desktops not only have really highend parts but the actual cases arent just your standerd aluminum boxes they have a lot of mechanical engineering into them (ever actually checked one out ?)

thats what you are paying for.

p.s I dont own nor am I a fan of alienware but I do see their value. and like it or not a lot of people could careless about building computer for them it is just a machine it what it is capable of doing that matters... that something you learn int I.T.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

-snip-

Most people arent interested in aesthetics and the engineering behind the actual casing of a computer. When performance is key what matters the most is getting the right airflow and noise levels something that other cases can do better than alienware and are substantially smaller. When someone buys an alienware its due to the symbolism of the case and the superior lighting effects, unboxing experience and the feeling that they actually have something "unique" in its own way. Custom computer builders are always a satisfying choice for people who want to get a pre professionaly build pc with a high budget and premium branding experience. Alienware is one of the most hated companies not only due to theyr higher pricing over other boutique manufacturers but because of theyr customer support service, since serious issues usually happen with them prior to the arrival of the computer and answers from the service itself taking over 1 week to respond when they have such a limited clientele. Of course it can happen to anyone but its always and will always come to personal liking and know about. Obviously Alienware is a viable choice yet otherwise theyd be long drown in the water by now... Alienware laptops are also pretty cool but MSI has always been a superior leader in that particular field. Some people even complain about alienware laptops poor cooling and noise levels...

Groomlake Authority

Most people arent interested in aesthetics and the engineering behind the actual casing of a computer. When performance is key what matters the most is getting the right airflow and noise levels something that other cases can do better than alienware and are substantially smaller. When someone buys an alienware its due to the symbolism of the case and the superior lighting effects, unboxing experience and the feeling that they actually have something "unique" in its own way. Custom computer builders are always a satisfying choice for people who want to get a pre professionaly build pc with a high budget and premium branding experience. Alienware is one of the most hated companies not only due to theyr higher pricing over other boutique manufacturers but because of theyr customer support service, since serious issues usually happen with them prior to the arrival of the computer and answers from the service itself taking over 1 week to respond when they have such a limited clientele. Of course it can happen to anyone but its always and will always come to personal liking and know about. Obviously Alienware is a viable choice yet otherwise theyd be long drown in the water by now... Alienware laptops are also pretty cool but MSI has always been a superior leader in that particular field. Some people even complain about alienware laptops poor cooling and noise levels...

I think you are mixing opinions with fact ;)  the reality is that aesthetics are one of the primary reasons most people buy a product, the other is actual functionality, why do you think macbooks sell so well ? A. because the have an excellent (if very closed off) ecosystem that just simply works and B. because of looks.

There alot of thinks I like about alienware, the are easy too maintiain, are upgradable and their service (at least in the U.S) is excellent and again they are easy too upgrade as for the desktop, yeah they are insanly expensive but so is origin pc.

p.s I am actually playing devils advocate, truth be told I have long grown out of the gamer-centric design and prefer to build my own computers, but I respect if someone buys a prebuilt system, not everyone wants to go through the "hassle" of building one

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

alienware looks amazing though.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

The problem I have with alienware is the gaming PCs I see in the shops have i7-5820ks but only has a R9 270 but to upgrade to a 970 it costs 1000SGD, which is more than it costs to get the GPU separately and upgrade yourself

The problem I have with alienware is the gaming PCs I see in the shops have i7-5820ks but only has a R9 270 but to upgrade to a 970 it costs 1000SGD, which is more than it costs to get the GPU separately and upgrade yourself

thst the problem with prebuilts my friend, go to best buy see a desktop with a i7 4790 and a gtx 745 and they call it a high end gaming desktop and sell it for 1000 + $$$

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread !