How Overpriced is Alienware? 2.0

Mao_Zedong

kRp6z2w_700wa_0.giftldr but nice job

Woah! Your PUTIN on a good show!  ;)

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

*bookmarks for later time*

Excellent job. Especially on the Area-51 equivalent!

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

Nothing for the TL;DR people?

The overall conclusion was basically a tldr section.

The overall conclusion was basically a tldr section.

Can you make a TL;DR of that?

The smaller ones are ok, the larger ones are bad.

Perfect!

Excellent Job.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

I did indeed. Ironically my own personal build is VERY similar to it, due to the fact that I may or may not have modelled it after the Alienware's brawn.  :P

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

I was able to pick up an Alienware A-51 system for just over 2k with a gtx 980, 2tb HDD, x99 mobo, 1500PSU, i7 5820 with CPU water cooler, and premium lit case.I've configured similar specs (as Dell doesn't release the exact brand/models of some of their components) with PC part picker and it came out to be almost + or - $100; otherwise the prices are quite comparable. 

However, the lower end and higher end systems you are right on about in terms of the ~$300 difference. It seems that the mid range A51 build with a 1 gtx 980 is by far the best deal, and the only one that comes out about even to building your own with similar specs. 

hmm the aurora is no more? damn....

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Indeed

Partially. It was replaced by the area-51 as their new desktop. They actually do this a lot for a company their size.

damn.... i really liked that case, maybe i can find one pretty cheap a few years down the road.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Slow down. Alienware has a desktop that costs as much as my car? 

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Slow down. Alienware has a desktop that costs as much as my car? 

Mate there are graphics cards that cost 10,000 dollars, of course there are PCs as expensive as a car

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

No love for the Y50 T~T

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

No love for the Y50 T~T

By the time I was there, I had been working for well over six hours, and I really didn't feel like doing more than I needed to finish it. I had to do all of this within a pretty short period, or parts I used in multiple builds could change prices. 

Mate there are graphics cards that cost 10,000 dollars, of course there are PCs as expensive as a car

Those are workstation grade cards though. Those are usually very expensive.

p.s. the most expensive card on pcpartpicker is $5000, but there might be a more expensive one that isn't listed.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.