soundblaster x7

godsarmy

just got my soundblaster x7 from massdrop. anyone interested in me doing an unboxing and or review?

post-6822-0-31889200-1436579182_thumb.jp

post-6822-0-31889200-1436579182_thumb.jp

:D
more pics!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Looks like that spacecraft from that one Tom Cruise movie that sucks up all the Earth's resources...

Does it have Linux support?

$400 for that thing  :wacko: Pretty sure for that you could get a proper dac + amp combo that would sound better, but I'll wait for your review first :P

what cans are you powering with it btw?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Looks like that spacecraft from that one Tom Cruise movie that sucks up all the Earth's resources...

not according to the the minimum system requirments

$400 for that thing  :wacko: Pretty sure for that you could get a proper dac + amp combo that would sound better, but I'll wait for your review first :P

what cans are you powering with it btw?

Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600 Ohm 

Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 600 Ohm 

the moment when your amp cost more than your headphones...

wouldn't it be better to use that money to get better cans?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

the moment when your amp cost more than your headphones...

wouldn't it be better to use that money to get better cans?

:) good point. I'm rocking a mini itx build at the moment. so no room for a sound card. i was using a sandblaster zxr. i really like one feature it had. it would actively cancel the sound coming out of my speakers from my mic. matched with a boom mic its really awesome. i looked like it could do everything i wanted it to do. 

post-6822-0-20228900-1436580647_thumb.jp

post-6822-0-20228900-1436580647_thumb.jp

I'd be pretty interested. I'm also interested to know if there is any software.

I'd be pretty interested. I'm also interested to know if there is any software.

there is software. :)

nice, had mine for awhile

I am already sbx studio fan

I love the being able to answer phone call in middle of game with headphones and my mic

like the small foot print  with built in amp, eliminated alot of other crap around my work/battle station

people complaining about price when you get alot for the price, dac/headphone amp/speaker amp/bluetooth, surround software,

ccd46f53ec4447b7c20ce8c6a1ba1c3d.jpg

All set up and its working like a champ!!

It has optical, so yes... Also, Linux and MacOSX will both work with just about any USB DAC, up to 192khz, since they actually have built in USB class 2 drivers. Windows only has class 1.1 or something. Anyway, it should detect automatically, and be ready to go (minus the software, of course! But let's be real, you don't need the software...)

This thing actually has a really, really nice DAC chip in it. It's a remarkably nice DAC/amp, considering that it came from Creative. Plus, it looks very cool. 

You could get a 5820K or 390X for that price.

I paid $700 for a used pair of headphones a month or so ago. It's well worth the sound quality to me, and I doubt I would notice a performance increase for what I do with either that CPU or that GPU. Also, my step-dad bought a home stereo that was dedicated to music listening only, for over $40,000 before he passed. Once you fall down the rabbit hole of high end audio, it is very, very difficult to climb back out. Everything (just about, anyway) sounds ever so much better. You'd be surprised at how big a difference a significant sound upgrade can make to competitive FPSs, such as Counter Strike.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

This thing actually has a really, really nice DAC chip in it. It's a remarkably nice DAC/amp, considering that it came from Creative. Plus, it looks very cool.

Who gives a fuck what kind of DAC chip is in it? Implementation is everything. For 400 bucks it had better make me shit emeralds after listening to it.

Who gives a fuck what kind of DAC chip is in it? Implementation is everything. For 400 bucks it had better make me shit emeralds after listening to it.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that an emerald of noticeable size being shat out would be worth more than what you paid for it, which would make for a remarkably effective marketing strategy... "You'll shit emeralds, and make all your money back at first listen!!!" Although, I feel like emeralds would have a significantly lower street value at that point :P

Hehehe, also, I don't care... I ordered that DAC/amp from SMSL that you've been recommending lately. It's coming tomorrow!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, I'm pretty sure that an emerald of noticeable size being shat out would be worth more than what you paid for it, which would make for a remarkably effective marketing strategy... "You'll shit emeralds, and make all your money back at first listen!!!" Although, I feel like emeralds would have a significantly lower street value at that point :P

Hehehe, also, I don't care... I ordered that DAC/amp from SMSL that you've been recommending lately. It's coming tomorrow!

Good, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the SMSL.

Good, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the SMSL.

yup yup!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Oh ya forgot to let u guys know. I got it ob mass drop for 300$ ;)

Oh ya forgot to let u guys know. I got it ob mass drop for 300$

Paid about the same for mine

very pleased with it,

I have the X7 Limited Edition version.

I do have a Burson Audio Conductor for higher quality listening experience, but the X7 is pretty darn awesome for convenience.

• 3 years later...
On 13/07/2015 at 1:36 PM, godsarmy said:

Oh ya forgot to let u guys know. I got it ob mass drop for 300$ ;)

Hey, my parents gave me $500 for my birthday and I was thinking of getting the DT990 600ohm premium with the Soundblaster x7. After using, what was your experience with this combo? I would really like your opinion. Thank you kindly

Free software through opensource! FSF

7 hours ago, Kaylen said:

Hey, my parents gave me $500 for my birthday and I was thinking of getting the DT990 600ohm premium with the Soundblaster x7. After using, what was your experience with this combo? I would really like your opinion. Thank you kindly

Long term not a fan, its sitting in my closet, gathering dust. The usb conection to the computer, along with drivers ended my like of the device.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:45 PM, godsarmy said:

Long term not a fan, its sitting in my closet, gathering dust. The usb conection to the computer, along with drivers ended my like of the device.

that sucks

still using mine to this day

never had issues besides once volume was cranked up on reboot

I have updated firmware many times along with drivers and I'm on windows 10

if you dont want it how much?