Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

I ordered the Acer XB270U instead I will probably get a nice 4k TV for movies

27 in 4 K... it's awful. :) Get at least 32' 4K from Acer with IPS. Or philips 40' 4K. 

Well, it was worrying at first but it seems it holds true that those with bad experiences speak before those with enjoyable ones. Hopefully the trend of people showing good results keeps going. I imagine they released to Germany first was because of lack of stock, releasing to a smaller country first would help spread word but let them keep production pace. 

What is the deal with the price though? I was considering it to be my top dollar at $1250-1300 but now rumors of it being $1500? There is absolutely no way I can swing that.

Unfortunately we in EU have to pay same number as you americans do, but we have to pay in €. So 1$ is 1€. You will still have 1300$ price tag.

As for "Germany as small country" is bs. Alternate is only shop that has it and it is exclusive for that shop atm.

27 in 4 K... it's awful. :) Get at least 32' 4K from Acer with IPS. Or philips 40' 4K.

It's not 4K though it's 1440p 144hz IPS :)

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Just cancelled myself. i bought a xb270hu, and sent it back and ordered the x34.. as i thought it was coming out in august. now i have to ordered a new xb270hu from the same people. this might get awkward

I just ordered that but hope I haven't made a mistake over the X34 but the no waranty with the x34 when used at 100hz would worry me especially from the poor Quality control from monitor companies lately.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Unfortunately we in EU have to pay same number as you americans do, but we have to pay in €. So 1$ is 1€. You will still have 1300$ price tag.

As for "Germany as small country" is bs. Alternate is only shop that has it and it is exclusive for that shop atm.

Ah yes, good shout, I confused the Euro and Pound. My fault completely.

As for saying it's a smaller country I simply meant the marketed audience. They went for the "by country" approach for first release instead of the whole continent (just Germany compared to a Europe release as most would. I understand how it could be construed that way but I try my hardest to not be the "ignorant American" ;) ). Any reason that Alternate would have the first stock? To my knowledge this hasn't happened before with an Acer release or near the place of production, no?

Ah yes, good shout, I confused the Euro and Pound. My fault completely.

As for saying it's a smaller country I simply meant the marketed audience. They went for the "by country" approach for first release instead of the whole continent (just Germany compared to a Europe release as most would. I understand how it could be construed that way but I try my hardest to not be the "ignorant American" ;) ). Any reason that Alternate would have the first stock? To my knowledge this hasn't happened before with an Acer release or near the place of production, no?

When i was looking at Alternate webpage there was Acer X34 exclusivity banner on it. Can't find it now but i am sure it was there.

Seems like there are serious quality issues with the X34. Have a look at: http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/2130#post_24409297 and http://goo.gl/ENrQVu

Reports of color banding, coil whine, backlight bleeding and overclocking issues.

The default panel frequency is even 60hz and not 75hz. For 75hz you need to overclock the X34 and in the manual it is stated that when overclocking it, the risk is at the users end. Ridiculous...

Update:

More reports about a faulty X34 with heavy color banding: http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/news-kommentare-zu-monitore/395640-acer-predator-x34-gekruemmter-g-sync-monitor-im-juli-fuer-1-400-euro-7.html#post7697276

Seems like there are serious quality issues with the X34. Have a look at: http://www.overclock.net/t/1537403/tftcentral-acer-predator-xr341ck-34-curved-gaming-screen-with-g-sync/2130#post_24409297 and http://goo.gl/ENrQVu

Reports of color banding, coil whine, backlight bleeding and overclocking issues.

The default panel frequency is even 60hz and not 75hz. For 75hz you need to overclock the X34 and in the manual it is stated that when overclocking it, the risk is at the users end. Ridiculous...

Such a disappointment...

Bought my 980 Ti specifically for this display - should have known better considering it is acer.

Probably gonna wait now and get the new ROG Swift, just a shame because my old 770 would have ran 1440p fine.

Such a disappointment...

Bought my 980 Ti specifically for this display - should have known better considering it is acer.

Probably gonna wait now and get the new ROG Swift, just a shame because my old 770 would have ran 1440p fine.

In some respects though at least you know you should be good for some future titles with a 980ti coming soon :) I myself bought the XB270HU. I chickened out of the x34 I think it is rediclous Acer are selling this thing as a 100hz monitor on the spec sheet when so many people can't even get 100hz and then saying it is the users own risk.

I really wanted to move to 21:9 but I haven't owned a 144hz or above 60hz display and don't want to be stuck at 60hz and deal with tearing. I hope my Titan x SLI will work well with 1440p 144hz not got round to doing any game testing with them in SLI yet :)

Which 770 did you have I have the 2gb Asus direct cu version in my back up PC and it struggles at 1080p in games like GTA V I have to turn stuff down otherwise I hit the VRAM limit at 1080p

Custom PC:

I would stay away from the ACER Predator X34, some have bad coil whine, bad backlight bleed, some cannot reach 100hz and some have colour banding, I think I will wait for the ASUS PG348Q, as it will have better QC on it.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would stay away from the ACER Predator X34, some have bad coil whine, bad backlight bleed, some cannot reach 100hz and some have colour banding, I think I will wait for the ASUS PG348Q, as it will have better QC on it.

I'm going to wait for the next generation of Gsync before going ultrawide I will stick with 16:9 for now

Custom PC:

I'm going to wait for the next generation of Gsync before going ultrawide I will stick with 16:9 for now

I do not want to wait another 2 or 3 years for my monitor, as it will be DP 1.3, so it will take a long time.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I do not want to wait another 2 or 3 years for my monitor, as it will be DP 1.3, so it will take a long time.

Or I will wait at least till a ultrawide comes out that isn't Upto 100hz but is actually 100hz this Overclock BS isn't worth it unless Asus or Acer cover/waranty the monitor when overclocked

Custom PC:

Or I will wait at least till a ultrawide comes out that isn't Upto 100hz but is actually 100hz this Overclock BS isn't worth it unless Asus or Acer cover/waranty the monitor when overclocked

We do not know if ACER or ASUS does cover the warranty, we have had no information, we need to get information from ACER and ASUS, they cannot remove the warranty as it is not stated when buying the monitor, if they do, it will be misadvertisement.

We do not know if ACER or ASUS does cover the warranty, we have had no information, we need to get information from ACER and ASUS, they cannot remove the warranty as it is not stated when buying the monitor, if they do, it will be misadvertisement.

It says in the manual at own risk so that implies that if you use the monitor at 100hz and it breaks that's the users fault and they won't cover it one thing I do know is Acer have only just released and it's only in Germany at the moment so the next batch might be better who know but for now I am going to use an Acer xb270hu which arrives tomorrow hopefully this monitor won't have dead pixels and backlight bleed like my Asus mg279q had

Custom PC:

Damn, this is such a shame. I knew it was too good to be true. Well I guess we'll have to wait more. Not sure what I'm going to do now since I want to finish my build by October.

It says in the manual at own risk so that implies that if you use the monitor at 100hz and it breaks that's the users fault and they won't cover it one thing I do know is Acer have only just released and it's only in Germany at the moment so the next batch might be better who know but for now I am going to use an Acer xb270hu which arrives tomorrow hopefully this monitor won't have dead pixels and backlight bleed like my Asus mg279q had

It is not saying it will break the warranty, the problem it, that the monitor is made by ACER, so they will try and get out of it. This should not break the warranty though, so that is why I am waiting for the ASUS PG348Q as it is made by ASUS who uses better QC than ACER monitors.

The "up to" is more of a marketing term. This means that not every monitor will achieve 100hz but some will. It shouldn't break your monitor should you attempt it. It should go black to which you should just be able to back off, like trying to go to a higher resolution than your monitor can support. 

That aside, even if it didn't do 100hz natively the main issue here is the color banding and the coil wine. Those are inexcusable issues for this price point. They may have lowered the bit depth since the LG panel that they use uses 8 bit + FRC and no other monitors that use this panel have experienced this issue.

The "up to" is more of a marketing term. This means that not every monitor will achieve 100hz but some will. It shouldn't break your monitor should you attempt it. It should go black to which you should just be able to back off, like trying to go to a higher resolution than your monitor can support.

That aside, even if it didn't do 100hz natively the main issue here is the color banding and the coil wine. Those are inexcusable issues for this price point. They may have lowered the bit depth since the LG panel that they use uses 8 bit + FRC and no other monitors that use this panel have experienced this issue.

My backup plans was to either get the LG 34UC87 or the Acer XB270HU I went for the Acer but if I don't get a good one first time I will send it back for the LG

Custom PC:

It is not saying it will break the warranty, the problem it, that the monitor is made by ACER, so they will try and get out of it. This should not break the warranty though, so that is why I am waiting for the ASUS PG348Q as it is made by ASUS who uses better QC than ACER monitors.

Any more news or people having problems with the X34, my XB270HU is arriving today but not sure whether to open it or not or just send it back and get the X34, ultrawide at 100hz would be awesome but if it's not guaranteed to do that what's the point.

Custom PC:

Any more news or people having problems with the X34, my XB270HU is arriving today but not sure whether to open it or not or just send it back and get the X34, ultrawide at 100hz would be awesome but if it's not guaranteed to do that what's the point.

You could have wait for the XB271HU or the PG279Q.

About the X34, last feedback I read is : "some really bad color banding and i'm not the only one"

You could have wait for the XB271HU or the PG279Q.

About the X34, last feedback I read is : "some really bad color banding and i'm not the only one"

What is this color banding? I assume its something to do with like a sunset effect on the screen where colors show lighter bands across the screen.

And unfortunately I can't wait too much longer as my current monitor is really starting to die on me turns it self off and then it take 10 power button presses to get it to respond again :/

Custom PC:

What is this color banding? I assume its something to do with like a sunset effect on the screen where colors show lighter bands across the screen.

And unfortunately I can't wait too much longer as my current monitor is really starting to die on me turns it self off and then it take 10 power button presses to get it to respond again :/

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/news-kommentare-zu-monitore/395640-acer-predator-x34-gekruemmter-g-sync-monitor-im-juli-fuer-1-400-euro-7.html?s=6a75f841963d77617adc02700a711b0e

Check the post of DexterGO.

Looks pretty bad I will try make my decision if I keep my XB270HU or take the risk and go with the x34 tough decision :(

Custom PC: