Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

To be honest I wouldn't place any bets on what anyone of these companies tell us, because it seems people within the company really don't have a clue either, this is what I found out after asking around: 

I contacted Scan and asked them if it was still on track for a late August release, and I explained what Acer UK had said about the release date being pushed back to October. 

The next day I got a reply saying,

Then later that date they said,

I haven't seen any change on the website though for pre order dates, so this isn't confirmed either, it's just what I was told when emailing. 

Here is a screenshot of the email: 

uhpjVEX.png

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, time to go to ACER HQ

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Get a Acer XB270HU, you won't regret it  :P

Hang on, didn't you say in the other thread that you went through 7 of them due to bad pixels?? I think he might regret it if that happens lol!! Or were you being sarcastic...? ;)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

I would get the ACER X34, it is going to be good if it gets a good review.

... and if its gets a bad review it will be bad? What's your point?

What did you find in the review that leads you to say it isn't that great? The TFT Central review was rather positive I thought, and they are more thorough and in-depth than anyone else.

Almost every review on newegg of the free sync version says it has terrible backlight bleed and really bad IPS glow

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

To be honest I wouldn't place any bets on what anyone of these companies tell us, because it seems people within the company really don't have a clue either, this is what I found out after asking around: 

I contacted Scan and asked them if it was still on track for a late August release, and I explained what Acer UK had said about the release date being pushed back to October. 

The next day I got a reply saying,

Then later that date they said,

I haven't seen any change on the website though for pre order dates, so this isn't confirmed either, it's just what I was told when emailing. 

Here is a screenshot of the email: 

uhpjVEX.png
Tbh I wouldn't listen to scan either when I ordered my computer parts they changed the ETA of my motherboard 3 times I bought it from Amazon in the end because scan didn't really know when it was due to be instock. I'm still trying to work out if the predator will fit on my desk lol

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, time to go to ACER HQ

Tbh I wouldn't listen to scan either when I ordered my computer parts they changed the ETA of my motherboard 3 times I bought it from Amazon in the end because scan didn't really know when it was due to be instock. I'm still trying to work out if the predator will fit on my desk lol

Lol yeah I still wouldn't listen to Scan either tbh, especially seeing as they didn't even seem to know without having to contact Acer, and they still haven't updated anything on the site >.< 

I don't think we will know for sure until the site gets updated with a new date, or till the actual release date. I'm still hoping for the earlier release.

Although Acer UK did say before this that it will get released early Oct and this was backed up by a couple tech review sites, so I do kind of believe that a little more now after Scan also kind of backed it up 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Lol yeah I still wouldn't listen to Scan either tbh, especially seeing as they didn't even seem to know without having to contact Acer, and they still haven't updated anything on the site >.< 

I don't think we will know for sure until the site gets updated with a new date, or till the actual release date. I'm still hoping for the earlier release.

Although Acer UK did say before this that it will get released early Oct and this was backed up by a couple tech review sites, so I do kind of believe that a little more now after Scan also kind of backed it up 

Yeah, I'm still keeping my options open where I use my computer for content creation and games I'm still deciding whether acer is the best option because I have read a few people say acer monitors have poor colours and contrast.

Custom PC:

I have seen and heard nothing that makes me think Acer care about ANYTHING other than making money at the sake of their customer's misery by shipping out shoddy panels which don't meet even the most basic of standards required for an average product, nevermind a premium one! If this happens with the X34, there is simply no excuse and they should be sued.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

I have seen and heard nothing that makes me think Acer care about ANYTHING other than making money at the sake of their customer's misery by shipping out shoddy panels which don't meet even the most basic of standards required for an average product, nevermind a premium one! If this happens with the X34, there is simply no excuse and they should be sued.

I'm starting to be put off the idea of this monitor first thing that has put me off is hearing about how poor acer's quality and control is and secondly the fact they keep using that cheap looking piano black plastic. What sort of resolution/setup do you think I should consider for 2 x Ttian X's with a 5960x and 64gb ram if I decide against the acer x34

Custom PC:

I'm starting to be put off the idea of this monitor first thing that has put me off is hearing about how poor acer's quality and control is and secondly the fact they keep using that cheap looking piano black plastic. What sort of resolution/setup do you think I should consider for 2 x Ttian X's with a 5960x and 64gb ram if I decide against the acer x34

The only other monitor I would say it's worth considering is the Asus PG279Q... 1440p (16:9), 144hz and G-Sync. If they can QC it properly and avoid the issues that have plagued the similar Acer XB270HU then it should be a great monitor. That said, Asus don't exactly have the best track record in the QC department either... the original Swift had plenty of issues. There is also the Asus 3800R, essentially their version of the X34, but there is no word on release yet, so it may be next year before we see that.

It's a shame the likes of Samsung and Dell aren't producing these kinds of dedicated gaming monitors, as you know with them you get great design, better QC and great customer service.

The only other monitor I would say it's worth considering is the Asus PG279Q... 1440p (16:9), 144hz and G-Sync. If they can QC it properly and avoid the issues that have plagued the similar Acer XB270HU then it should be a great monitor. That said, Asus don't exactly have the best track record in the QC department either... the original Swift had plenty of issues. There is also the Asus 3800R, essentially their version of the X34, but there is no word on release yet, so it may be next year before we see that.

It's a shame the likes of Samsung and Dell aren't producing these kinds of dedicated gaming monitors, as you know with them you get great design, better QC and great customer service.

Yeah I know about the Asus QC problems lol I bought the MG279Q but returned it becuase it had so many dead pixels I don't know what spec I want more Gsync or 100hz+, I looked at the XB280HK but trouble with 4K is it out dates the hardware quicker becuase it needs so much power.

The Benq Ultrawide looks quite good also but shame they went with 2560 x 1080p but I guess thats how they managed 144hz + the VA panel.

Custom PC:

Yeah I know about the Asus QC problems lol I bought the MG279Q but returned it becuase it had so many dead pixels I don't know what spec I want more Gsync or 100hz+, I looked at the XB280HK but trouble with 4K is it out dates the hardware quicker becuase it needs so much power.

The Benq Ultrawide looks quite good also but shame they went with 2560 x 1080p but I guess thats how they managed 144hz + the VA panel.

Ultimately, what's going to make a bigger difference to your games will be your refresh rate. Most people can live with screen tearing.

Ultimately, what's going to make a bigger difference to your games will be your refresh rate. Most people can live with screen tearing.

True I already use adaptive V-sync anyway which pretty much fixes the tearing problem and the stutter problem V-sync causes, I am looking at the LG 29" ultrawides that have 75hz refresh one of those might be a better option than the acer predator if acer QC is really as bad as people have been telling me only problem is 2560x1080 is a bit low for Titan X SLI so I will probably be wasteing my rigs potential.

Custom PC:

It depends what monitor we're talking about here. Why someone would go for a Freesync monitor when they have an Nvidia card is beyond me. G-Sync/Freesync really comes in to its own when the frame rate drops anyway. I don't agree that "most people can live with screen tearing" though... when it happens regularly it utterly ruins your gaming experience. I can only assume you have not experienced this to any great extent, otherwise you wouldn't say it.

High refresh is important yes, but if someone has a 970 and is trying to run games in high detail on a 1440p 144Hz monitor, they're going to REALLY be needing G-Sync to make that experience enjoyable.

A 100Hz screen with G-Sync like the X34, is more than enough for most gamers, as not that many people are getting north of 100FPS in modern games unless they have uber GPU set-ups. The bigger problem with the X34 is the fact it's made by Acer, so the chances of you getting a good one are pretty slim. The LG models are 1080p as you say, and I agree somewhat wasted on a Titan X SLI set-up.

... and if its gets a bad review it will be bad? What's your point?

If I just say, the ACER X34 will be good, then I might get another comment saying, "how do you know I would wait for a review", so this is why I wrote the comment saying if it gets a good review.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

True I already use adaptive V-sync anyway which pretty much fixes the tearing problem and the stutter problem V-sync causes, I am looking at the LG 29" ultrawides that have 75hz refresh one of those might be a better option than the acer predator if acer QC is really as bad as people have been telling me only problem is 2560x1080 is a bit low for Titan X SLI so I will probably be wasteing my rigs potential.

Not sure there is any other way, you will have to get ACER if you want 21.9 Gsync, there will no other monitors with them released this year, it might take till Q2 2016 for ASUS to release their monitor.

Not sure there is any other way, you will have to get ACER if you want 21.9 Gsync, there will no other monitors with them released this year, it might take till Q2 2016 for ASUS to release their monitor.

I wouldn't wait for the ASUS anyway I don't touch ASUS products just from the customer experience of my last monitor I got which was the Asus MG279Q was utter rubbish it wouldn't go upto it's rated 144hz kept going down to 119hz and everytime it turned off you had to set it back to 144hz (119hz) as it would set it self back to 60hz and it had loads of dead pixels.

Custom PC:

I wouldn't wait for the ASUS anyway I don't touch ASUS products just from the customer experience of my last monitor I got which was the Asus MG279Q was utter rubbish it wouldn't go upto it's rated 144hz kept going down to 119hz and everytime it turned off you had to set it back to 144hz (119hz) as it would set it self back to 60hz and it had loads of dead pixels.

I would wait then, I think I will get the LG 21.9 Curved monitor then send it back when the ACER X34 comes out.

I don't think any monitor on the market today is immune from issues... it's somewhat disconcerting tbh. I swear this whole industry is going backwards sometimes. The regard for customer satisfaction seems to have been thrown entirely out the window. These companies just want to sell, sell, sell and then wash their hands of you.

It depends what monitor we're talking about here. Why someone would go for a Freesync monitor when they have an Nvidia card is beyond me. G-Sync/Freesync really comes in to its own when the frame rate drops anyway. I don't agree that "most people can live with screen tearing" though... when it happens regularly it utterly ruins your gaming experience. I can only assume you have not experienced this to any great extent, otherwise you wouldn't say it.

High refresh is important yes, but if someone has a 970 and is trying to run games in high detail on a 1440p 144Hz monitor, they're going to REALLY be needing G-Sync to make that experience enjoyable.

A 100Hz screen with G-Sync like the X34, is more than enough for most gamers, as not that many people are getting north of 100FPS in modern games unless they have uber GPU set-ups. The bigger problem with the X34 is the fact it's made by Acer, so the chances of you getting a good one are pretty slim. The LG models are 1080p as you say, and I agree somewhat wasted on a Titan X SLI set-up.

Depends on the type of game as well. Screen tearing seems to effect FPSes much more than say something slower paced, like an RPG. 

I don't think people with a 970 should be looking at a high refresh monitors unless they're gaming in 1080P. I think people should go with whatever fits their build most closely. So, unless you're running an uber setup they should stick to lower resolutions, avoid ultrawide, or lower some of the settings on a high resolution monitor.

Of course, the X34 will be great. No doubt about that. I'm jumping on it as soon as it comes out but Acer sucks. A lot of our manufacturers suck. MSI, Asus, Acer, etc. may have great quality with some things like motherboards but totally drops the ball on things like peripherals. They have the same general copy/pasta answer for everyone on Newegg. I feel like they don't really care or want to invest in getting their customer service or even QC up to snuff so long as they can be first to market with something. 

I would wait then, I think I will get the LG 21.9 Curved monitor then send it back when the ACER X34 comes out.

lol if only the LG one was Gsync and 100hz would be perfect LG is Awesome my 1200watt speakers are from LG and they are great quality they use very good material for solid construction :)

Custom PC:

Depends on the type of game as well. Screen tearing seems to effect FPSes much more than say something slower paced, like an RPG. 

I don't think people with a 970 should be looking at a high refresh monitors unless they're gaming in 1080P. I think people should go with whatever fits their build most closely. So, unless you're running an uber setup they should stick to lower resolutions, avoid ultrawide, or lower some of the settings on a high resolution monitor.

Of course, the X34 will be great. No doubt about that. I'm jumping on it as soon as it comes out but Acer sucks. A lot of our manufacturers suck. MSI, Asus, Acer, etc. may have great quality with some things like motherboards but totally drops the ball on things like peripherals. They have the same general copy/pasta answer for everyone on Newegg. I feel like they don't really care or want to invest in getting their customer service or even QC up to snuff so long as they can be first to market with something. 

Everything sounds great about the x34 accept two things it's made by acer and the glossy plastic used on the back but when I look at benchmarks I think 3440x1440 at 100z is the best option for Titan X SLI setup because 4K the Titan X SLI gets fairly good fps so at 3440x1440 which is about 2 x less power required so I have been told will work really well now and for future games when paying this much for graphics cards I don't want to have to upgrade for a while so I haven't got them for extreme resolutions now I have got them for future compatibility. 

Custom PC:

Everything sounds great about the x34 accept two things it's made by acer and the glossy plastic used on the back but when I look at benchmarks I think 3440x1440 at 100z is the best option for Titan X SLI setup because 4K the Titan X SLI gets fairly good fps so at 3440x1440 which is about 2 x less power required so I have been told will work really well now and for future games when paying this much for graphics cards I don't want to have to upgrade for a while so I haven't got them for extreme resolutions now I have got them for future compatibility. 

Well really the glossy panel will not really be an issue, it is at the back of the screen, now it has been delayed they might even change it. I will send my ACER X34 back to Scan which is the retailer, so I do not have to deal with ACER

Well really the glossy panel will not really be an issue, it is at the back of the screen, now it has been delayed they might even change it. I will send my ACER X34 back to Scan which is the retailer, so I do not have to deal with ACER

I emailed acer and they told me there is no delay so confusing all theses different answers guess I will wait and see if mine arrives on the 24th :P

Custom PC:

Is IPS glow an issue with all IPS panels and is there such thing as a good Colour accracy TN panel.

Custom PC: