Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

UK is the 9th of October where are you based America? It's being released Mid October so I would say around the 15th - 20th in America

In Canada.  We normally get it a month or so after the US does.  It really sux, but since our dollar is so low, I can't buy it abroad else i'd be spending over 2k for it.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

In Canada.  We normally get it a month or so after the US does.  It really sux, but since our dollar is so low, I can't buy it abroad else i'd be spending over 2k for it.

Same as the UK then we normally get everything a month after the US so unfair lol Accept this year I can watch the Hockey without having to wait till after the match cause finally I can get it on UK cable TV live yay :P

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

UK is the 9th of October where are you based America? It's being released Mid October so I would say around the 15th - 20th in America

Actually, overclockers have set it as 25/09/15

Actually, overclockers have set it as 25/09/15

They must have updated that recently who knows when it's coming out all I know is I'm not keen on getting it until the banding issue is fixed and even then I'm considering the XB270U replacement for mine and then a LG 29UM67 above on a vasa mount :)

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

They must have updated that recently who knows when it's coming out all I know is I'm not keen on getting it until the banding issue is fixed and even then I'm considering the XB270U replacement for mine and then a LG 29UM67 above on a vasa mount :)

I am far more optimistic after the TFT Central review, and as long as the colour banding issue is non existent, I think I am still going to buy the monitor

I am far more optimistic after the TFT Central review, and as long as the colour banding issue is non existent, I think I am still going to buy the monitor

Likewise. Although the 100hz issue is a requirement for me. Secondary monitor is 100/120hz so I'll want matching refresh rates. GPU doesn't downclock otherwise. I'm willing to roll the dice and return as many times as I need to. 

I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q before buying the ACER or ASUS version.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would wait for the ASUS PG348Q before buying the ACER or ASUS version.

the Asus version is overpriced and 100hz isn't enough :)

Custom PC:

Not to mention the stand just looks awful on the Asus 

We do not know the price, Overclockers were the first to list it, they have removed it from the website now.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

We do not know the price, Overclockers were the first to list it, they have removed it from the website now.

I wonder if after the first official review came out and suggested people NOT buy it  until the blue color banding was fixed, if Acer had Overclcokers pull it until they address the issue.  At least we can hope.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

I'm really confused right now I always understood overclocking a monitor overclocks the electricals inside the monitor now I have read it all depends on the graphics card what overclocks you can achieve on a monitor how does the graphics card effect this surely my original understanding is correct that the reason why some monitor wont go past 66hz or less without going all fuzzy is becuase the internals of the monitor can't handle the refresh or the cable doesn't have fast enough transfer speed right?

Custom PC:

That would be news to me. I always assumed you were applying OC to the scaler (maybe not the right word, whatever is used between the GPU and screen image) to push out images at a faster rate.

After reading the TFT review I am pretty interested in at least trying. Tearing is incredibly annoying to me and I've had my junk monitor for long enough, my SLI 780's deserve more. However, I'm torn on what I should do. I want this monitor but, I'll go over my idea of what I want for second opinions. 

I only play games at home. I am a Helpdesk IT at a hospital so nothing ever comes home with me, worst case I RDP back into my work computer but very rare. I use Ps/AutoCAD, etc on occasion but its maybe a 90/10 split between games/media consumption over productivity. I want the 21:9 because immersion into a game for the story is way more fun than CSGO will ever be for me. I enjoy FPS like Battlefield or ARMA over arena shooters like COD/CSGO so quickness doesn't play as big of a factor as FOV would I think. I also like RTS and Racing games which once again seems perfectly suited for this monitor. Am I right in wanting this monitor over a 4k? 

I want the 21:9 because immersion into a game for the story is way more fun than CSGO will ever be for me. I enjoy FPS like Battlefield or ARMA over arena shooters like COD/CSGO so quickness doesn't play as big of a factor as FOV would I think. I also like RTS and Racing games which once again seems perfectly suited for this monitor. Am I right in wanting this monitor over a 4k? 

I would think so. I enjoy the big single player games and RTS / RPG's. Do you think Battlefront would be more enjoyable on an ultrawide than a 144hz display? Imo ultrawide seems way more fun than a 4k display. 

@Ryzone I have a TN 1080p 60Hz panel and don't feel hindered by it. Because I'm more casual the screen Hz doesn't affect my decision so much as Gsync does. I like UW 1440p over 4k because as of now I have SLI 780's which, to me I think, is enough horsepower for the frames but 4k scares me because of the VRAM limitation. I'm with you though, I'm buying this monitor for a fun experience and using something unique while still capable seems like the better option.

@Ryzone I have a TN 1080p 60Hz panel and don't feel hindered by it. Because I'm more casual the screen Hz doesn't affect my decision so much as Gsync does. I like UW 1440p over 4k because as of now I have SLI 780's which, to me I think, is enough horsepower for the frames but 4k scares me because of the VRAM limitation. I'm with you though, I'm buying this monitor for a fun experience and using something unique while still capable seems like the better option.

Acer are working on fixing the X34 before release Alternate Returned all their stock back to acer we might finally have a Ultrawide with 100hz after all very little compromises here 44hz less is worth it imo I'm holding off hoping they fix it before jumping on the 144hz band wagon again I had to send two 16:9 back already so might as well wait for what I really want lol 

Custom PC:

Acer are working on fixing the X34 before release Alternate Returned all their stock back to acer we might finally have a Ultrawide with 100hz after all very little compromises here 44hz less is worth it imo I'm holding off hoping they fix it before jumping on the 144hz band wagon again I had to send two 16:9 back already so might as well wait for what I really want lol 

It's not like anyone on this forum needs it we all just want it very very badly lol. I'm going to wait probably until the asus version comes out too and pick from there. Lets hope Acer wakes up and starts putting time into their products and turns their poor QC into amazing. Lets make them work for that $1300. Also about the dream LG Gsync... after reading a couple articles it seems like LG has taken sides with amd and wont be making any gsync displays :(

TFTCentral @TFTCentral 1m1 minute ago

Info so far about Acer X34 firmware update. All UK stock from official resellers will have new firmware straight away so no concerns :)

Supposedly for the color banding issue.

TFTCentral @TFTCentral 2m2 minutes ago

...this includes stock from Overclockers, Scan, Amazon, Ebuyer. Waiting to hear about US stock

Hopefully the firmware update will do the trick. I absolutely want this monitor for my new build this year.

I do however have a dumb question. Please pardon my ignorance as I'm finally taking the time to fully understand refresh rates and resolutions. So if this monitor is 4k @100hz oc, how is that possible? I thought the limitations on hdmi 2 and DP 1.2 was 4k@60hz? Again sorry for the dumb question, but I'm trying to understand. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hopefully the firmware update will do the trick. I absolutely want this monitor for my new build this year.

I do however have a dumb question. Please pardon my ignorance as I'm finally taking the time to fully understand refresh rates and resolutions. So if this monitor is 4k @100hz oc, how is that possible? I thought the limitations on hdmi 2 and DP 1.2 was 4k@60hz? Again sorry for the dumb question, but I'm trying to understand. Thanks in advance for your help.

the Acer x34 monitor is 3440x1440 at up to 100hz not a 4k display. or are you talking about some DSR stuff?

No no. Just blatant lack of knowledge. I thought anything in the 3440+ range was close to or considered "4k". So this monitor can get up to 100hz with DP or HDMI?

No no. Just blatant lack of knowledge. I thought anything in the 3440+ range was close to or considered "4k". So this monitor can get up to 100hz with DP or HDMI?

I think gsync displays can only use display port. If I'm not mistaken I dont think hdmi can do 100hz only 60hz

It isn't a "True" 4k but people generally say anything at this range is 4k.

2nd only the Display Port will have the Capability of getting up to 100hz.  The way it does this is through the G-sync chip, which gives it the extra boost.  The HDMI will only be able to get to 60hz, but you would be able to turn on the ULMB at that range which helps.

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. Now I need to go research 4k vs 3440 21:9.