Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

The RoG Swift and the MG279Q have both had QC issues just like the Acer alternatives have, I think it's more down to the display technology than the companies themselves.

But yeah I guess you can always cancel if needs be, personally I think I'm giving up on this 'wave' of ultrawide displays w/ g sync, I'm going to pick up the LG 34UC87 for about £600 then in 2 years if I feel the need I'll buy a higher refresh rate g sync enabled display. 

Or I'll see how OLED technology has progressed in the sense of longevity and I'll consider waiting it out for one of them.  

That might be my next monitor, 4K Curved 21.9 Gsync 100hz or higher and OLED, if it comes out in the next 3 or 4 years

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Aww man everything is so butter smooth. My fps is through the roof like the couple of hundreds or more atleast, but gotta remember I'm on 1920x1080 super overkill for my display atm.. but thats why I was waiting for the x34 >.<

My XB270HU arrived but has dead pixels :(

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

That might be my next monitor, 4K Curved 21.9 Gsync 100hz or higher and OLED, if it comes out in the next 3 or 4 years

This might be the best course of action. The tech is still to new and I for sure don't want to be the beta tester for such an expensive purchase.

My XB270HU arrived but has dead pixels  :(

Sure hope you got a retailer with a good return policy.

This might be the best course of action. The tech is still to new and I for sure don't want to be the beta tester for such an expensive purchase.

Sure hope you got a retailer with a good return policy.

Yeah got it from amazon don't know whether to keep it though although they are all in one place so quite noticeable :( Time to just test Gsync and 144hz and see if I swap for another XB270HU or go with the LG

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

wow really how many?

About 7 I can see :( Damit Acer

Custom PC:

The RoG Swift and the MG279Q have both had QC issues just like the Acer alternatives have, I think it's more down to the display technology than the companies themselves.

But yeah I guess you can always cancel if needs be, personally I think I'm giving up on this 'wave' of ultrawide displays w/ g sync, I'm going to pick up the LG 34UC87 for about £600 then in 2 years if I feel the need I'll buy a higher refresh rate g sync enabled display. 

Or I'll see how OLED technology has progressed in the sense of longevity and I'll consider waiting it out for one of them.  

I'd skip the LG and go with the Dell U3415W - cheaper, no light bleed issues like the LG, and color calibrated from the factory. It does not have 99% SRGB if that matters to you. 

Yeah I think I'm going to just stick with getting an LG. It's seem's like its too early for ultrawide g-sync.

Yeah I think I'm going to just stick with getting an LG. It's seem's like its too early for ultrawide g-sync.

I'm thinking G-sync it self needs to mature a bit more before higher refresh rates but then G-sync probably has nothing to do with my acer having 7 dead pixels time to return? I will try G-sync on it first so I can decide between 144hz G-sync or 3440x1440 LG :)

Custom PC:

I'd skip the LG and go with the Dell U3415W - cheaper, no light bleed issues like the LG, and color calibrated from the factory. It does not have 99% SRGB if that matters to you. 

They are actually the same price, or at least here in the UK they are (Providing you don't get the LG off amazon lol), I'm getting the LG for £620, the Dell is around the same, but the cheapest right now that I can see from a quick look is £640. 

And they both can suffer from back light bleeding, it's something all LCDs can suffer from, and the curved 34" format displays are a little bit more susceptible to it, although if it's bad enough that it bothers me then I can easily return it for a better sample in either case. 

You're right though, the factory calibration is good on the Dell, better than the LG, and much much better than that of the Samsung VA 34" that I was also considering, but for me that isn't an issue, because either way I'm going to calibrate it myself no matter what. 

For me the Dell and LG display wise will be the same, the reason I'm choosing the LG over the Dell is simply because I like the design of it better, it will suit my desk set up a lot better.

But yeah both are great options. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Hey guys! So I just signed up to this site after reading this entire thread practically lol :) so I've had my eyes on the acer x34 for months and months and I've been trying to find somewhere to preorder or order it for the last month pretty much non stop.

My current set up is the Acer XB280HK 4k Gsync monitor.. and to be honest the monitor is perfect. I am aware of acers poor quality control, so I guess I just got lucky. I've been gaming with this monitor for a little over 2 months now and it's been really great.. but I was a console gamer my whole life up until a little over a year and I was always used to gaming on big screens. My current console setup is with a samsung 75 inch lol... so that's really the only thing that has bothered me about my monitor.

When I saw the 34 inch ultra wide curved and saw it was 100hz I thought I died and went to heaven lol... but now I've read on the last few pages some really bad QC which is really unfortunate.

I don't think it has deterred me completely though.. as I said my current acer monitor came in perfect condition. No light bleed, no dead pixels etc.

I run SLI titanX Hybrids in my pc clocked at 1450MHz and literally the only game that I haven't been able to completely max out at 4k/60fps has been the witcher. I turn AA off in it and then I get between 60-52 fps. All others (dying light,mgs5,mad max,shadow of mordor,battlefield,scholar of the first sin,crysis 3,ac unity,project cars etc) I can keep the 60 fps. Which is another reason I was excited for this... it's actually less pixels so I was excited to be able to get the use out of that 100hz.

I'm in canada and would be buying from newegg most likely..so I guess if I end up with a crappy one I could always RMA until I hit the lottery lol.

Also, your dead pixels where are they, exactly? When I got my xb280hk I thought there was something wrong with the pixels in the left bottom corner of my screen but found out it was this weird refresh rate monitor you can turn on and off in the settings. It really does look like messed up pixels.

Also, your dead pixels where are they, exactly? When I got my xb280hk I thought there was something wrong with the pixels in the left bottom corner of my screen but found out it was this weird refresh rate monitor you can turn on and off in the settings. It really does look like messed up pixels.

Bottom right corner

Custom PC:

Maybe Acer's bad QC is a sign to us that we should all wait until Freesync surpasses Gsync as the better standard. Haha.

Ahh i see. That sucks man.

Bad backlight glow as well I will upload photo in a minute

Custom PC:

Maybe Acer's bad QC is a sign to us that we should all wait until Freesync surpasses Gsync as the better standard. Haha.

Lol ugh. I wish freesync would work with nvidia cards. I have nothing against amd but I definitely won't be making the switch anytime soon. SLI support is lightyears ahead of crossfire support in games.. and the gaming performance I'm looking for currently requires 2 gpus.

Ok guys here's the backlight glow of my XB270HU

post-179175-0-98514300-1442256193_thumb.

Custom PC:

Lol ugh. I wish freesync would work with nvidia cards. I have nothing against amd but I definitely won't be making the switch anytime soon. SLI support is lightyears ahead of crossfire support in games.. and the gaming performance I'm looking for currently requires 2 gpus.

Actually, from what I've heard Direct X 12 benchmarks (the one and only so take it with a grain of salt) actually has the swing over in AMD's corner with Crossfire. Part of that is probably because Direct X 12 is based on Mantle, a technology that AMD invented. I wish so too man. They have 4k monitors running Freesync now like the Wasabi Mango which go for $500. I would either do that or the Freesync version of this monitor in a heartbeat. It sounds like the FreeSync version is doing really well.

Ok guys here's the backlight glow of my XB270HU

Dear god, it looks like the northern lights on that thing. I've never seen something so bad! RMA that as fast as you can.

I have become so fed up of this acer monitor that I am about to buy the U3415W along with a U2715H for about £100 more than the acer

I have become so fed up of this acer monitor that I am about to buy the U3415W along with a U2715H for about £100 more than the acer

I'm fed up with Acer and Asus as brands they need to get it together this is the second 144hz monitor I have had that I'm sending back but this time I think I will settle for the LG 34UC87 but do you know the difference between the UC87-B and the UC87B-C is it just the two added thunderbolt ports?

Might get the Ultrawide + a 1080p 144hz panel for FPS games

Custom PC:

Honestly I don't know what I'm going to do if this monitor ends up being a complete bust.

Don't get me wrong the 4k Gsync is awesome.. really awesome. I feel as though I'll never own another monitor unless it has gsync. It's unreal having no screen tear and if it dips into the 50s or even high 40s it feels nearly as good as 60 fps which is pretty great.

It's just the 28 inch is too small for me personally. I don't know I guess my only other option is to wait or go with multiple monitor setup which I really didn't wanna do.

I wonder if I got the freesync version of this monitor would it be possible to rip the gsync module out of my xb280hk and put it in to that lol.

Honestly I don't know what I'm going to do if this monitor ends up being a complete bust.

Don't get me wrong the 4k Gsync is awesome.. really awesome. I feel as though I'll never own another monitor unless it has gsync. It's unreal having no screen tear and if it dips into the 50s or even high 40s it feels nearly as good as 60 fps which is pretty great.

It's just the 28 inch is too small for me personally. I don't know I guess my only other option is to wait or go with multiple monitor setup which I really didn't wanna do.

I wonder if I got the freesync version of this monitor would it be possible to rip the gsync module out of my xb280hk and put it in to that lol.

I am trying to decide if I send my XB270HU back for a replacement or a standard 21:9 60Hz but the tearing thing is true I didn't see any in CS:GO and that enabled me to get my first ever 15 Kill streak insane how no tear helped with that.

(I suck a CS:GO or at least I did before I tried this monitor)

Custom PC:

I bet it feels nice. I'm not much of fps player. I like playing skyrim and rpg type games. I'm only kinda worried about when battlefront comes out if I'm going to regret getting a 60hz monitor when that is an fps game >.<