Acer Predator X34 Gsync monitor

PeggersXtreme

Hi,

So I sent my Asus MG27Q back and got a refund because of serious bad backlight bleed, dead pixels in the centre of the screen and there also seemed to be a problem getting the monitor to 144hz it kept defaulting back to 60hz or 119hz using display port cable.

My question is when is the Acer Predator X34 going to be available to buy as now I have sent my display back I don't want to be stuck with my old TN for months. I would rather get the LG 34UC97 if the acer isn't going to be released any time soon I have looked everywhere and can't find an official release date.

Thanks for replies in advance :P

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Hi,

So I sent my Asus MG27Q back and got a refund because of serious bad backlight bleed, dead pixels in the centre of the screen and there also seemed to be a problem getting the monitor to 144hz it kept defaulting back to 60hz or 119hz using display port cable.

My question is when is the Acer Predator X34 going to be available to buy as now I have sent my display back I don't want to be stuck with my old TN for months. I would rather get the LG 34UC97 if the acer isn't going to be released any time soon I have looked everywhere and can't find an official release date.

Thanks for replies in advance :P

In Germany it gets released this month. At least that is what that chick from Acer said in this video: Warning, might include NEIN NEIN NEIN sounds...

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xr341ck.htm

the freesync version of it is already reviewed... soon out, a month maybe...  

expensive tho

and the gsync version coming a bit after, might turn out to be 100hz instead of 75hz after all

The Gsync one in the UK is listed for 28 August, it is £950 here

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

The specs are insane bit disappointed by the design the glossy back is kind of annoying but I can let that slide just because of its specs and the red led lights a are annoying hope they can be turned off as my build is a yellow and black theme

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

expensive tho

and the gsync version coming a bit after, might turn out to be 100hz instead of 75hz after all

100hz may be good with Gsync but on a normal panel 144Hz didn't benefit me I actually did worse at CS GO at 144hz than I did when I was using my TN 60hz screen with terrible tearing

Custom PC:

The Gsync one in the UK is listed for 28 August, it is £950 here

I saw that on Scan but I don't go by scans ETA dates as my motherboard has been overdue to be instock for over a month if it wasn't for the fact I have got all the cable sleeving and fluid already I would change colour theme and go with a different board. Anyone know actually if there is a problem with the MSI x99 xpower seems really hard to get hold of in the UK everywhere out of stock

Custom PC:

The specs are insane bit disappointed by the design the glossy back is kind of annoying but I can let that slide just because of its specs and the red led lights a are annoying hope they can be turned off as my build is a yellow and black theme

I think the review for the Freesync version said that you can turn them off or change the colour of it.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

That looks like an amazing monitor. Besides the gloss. Damn it Acer stop it. xD Hopefully one day I can get an ultrawide like that. Maybe if I ever start up an SLI beast build. Haha. For now I will be extremely happy with my XB270HU and 980 Ti amp extreme graphics card.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

That looks like an amazing monitor. Besides the gloss. Damn it Acer stop it. xD Hopefully one day I can get an ultrawide like that. Maybe if I ever start up an SLI beast build. Haha. For now I will be extremely happy with my XB270HU and 980 Ti amp extreme graphics card.

Id get that 3440x1440 IPS 100hz gsync, and use a single 970 with it.

I dont play these witcher and crysis games... they are actually pretty shit games. 

CS, Starcraft, Stalker, DooM, GTA3&VC, that stuff wouldnt give me any issues.

I dont play these witcher and crysis games... they are actually pretty shit games.

But-but Star Citizen, Doom 4 and Fallout 4!

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

expensive tho

I think I just fell in love. Any official date on that yet?

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

I'm also waiting for this monitor. Currently using a Samsung PLS 27" display at 1440p 60Hz. I'm really liking what I am seeing with this monitor, specially if they get the refresh rate up to 100Hz. Hopefully my single Titan X can handle it.

100hz may be good with Gsync but on a normal panel 144Hz didn't benefit me I actually did worse at CS GO at 144hz than I did when I was using my TN 60hz screen with terrible tearing

Well, some people who have a cold get severely worse after you give them cold medicine. Exceptions are possible.

Whether its due to some placebos, self conditioning, or never being good in the first place, just getting used to what you had - i dunno.

But if you get used to a 144hz monitor - 99.9% of people LEARN to play better. 144hz by itself isnt gona make anyone play better.

And even that isnt the main reason i would get 100+hz. I want to enjoy single player games that are pleasant to the eyes.

I'm also waiting for this monitor. Currently using a Samsung PLS 27" display at 1440p 60Hz. I'm really liking what I am seeing with this monitor, specially if they get the refresh rate up to 100Hz. Hopefully my single Titan X can handle it.

What sort of FPS do you get with a single Titan X at 1440p and at what sort of settings I assume Max on most games as the Titan X is extremely powerful just trying to get an idea of what I can expect when mine arrives I have ordered two for SLI but I have heard a second graphics card will only improve fps by 30% rather than double the FPS

Custom PC:

Well, some people who have a cold get severely worse after you give them cold medicine. Exceptions are possible.

Whether its due to some placebos, self conditioning, or never being good in the first place, just getting used to what you had - i dunno.

But if you get used to a 144hz monitor - 99.9% of people LEARN to play better. 144hz by itself isnt gona make anyone play better.

And even that isnt the main reason i would get 100+hz. I want to enjoy single player games that are pleasant to the eyes.

I did notice with 144hz (119hz, 144hz wouldn't work for some reason) my eyes didn't get as tired and I could play for longer and I know it isn't gonna make me better at games I wouldn't say I'm not good as fps games i'm just not a pro lol and I occationally get lucky when my reactions work quit enough, I have poor reaction times but a good memory of light patterns according to this weird test I did that records your reaction times and memory abilities lol. I would say racing and simulators are more my genre of game where I can do quite well.

But maybe I would need more time with 144hz monitor then go back to a 60hz to really notice a difference I only spent 3 hours of gaming on the 144hz monitor before the fault developed.

Custom PC:

Talk what you will about other games but don't be talking bad about the Witcher. Games and books are amazing

I think I just fell in love. Any official date on that yet?

In the UK it is currently on pre order for 28 August

Talk what you will about other games but don't be talking bad about the Witcher. Games and books are amazing

Nah man, I think that game is pure shit. 

- trying way too hard

- consuming way too much time as a single player game

- the story is stupid as fuck

- the main char is a annyoing piece of shit faggot (his over-machoness was clearly made up by fat virgin nerds)

- graphics were nice... and THATS IT

... apart from that it was exactly what Crysis3 was - stupid to the bone; had to turn off the voice audio to not get brain cancer

Your experience may wary.

What sort of FPS do you get with a single Titan X at 1440p and at what sort of settings I assume Max on most games as the Titan X is extremely powerful just trying to get an idea of what I can expect when mine arrives I have ordered two for SLI but I have heard a second graphics card will only improve fps by 30% rather than double the FPS

Depending on the game I get anywhere between 40 to 100 FPS on games like Witcher 3 and GTA 5, with almost everything maxed out. I honestly think that I may need a second Titan X if I want to keep things consistently above 60 FPS. I like playing with v-sync on which is why I want to upgrade to a G-sync monitor.

Depending on the game I get anywhere between 40 to 100 FPS on games like Witcher 3 and GTA 5, with almost everything maxed out. I honestly think that I may need a second Titan X if I want to keep things consistently above 60 FPS. I like playing with v-sync on which is why I want to upgrade to a G-sync monitor.

Something tells me Jayztwocents titan x benchmarks were messed up like he was getting 80fps on battlefield 4 at 4k with a single titan x

Custom PC:

Something tells me Jayztwocents titan x benchmarks were messed up like he was getting 80fps on battlefield 4 at 4k with a single titan x

I remember watching that video and thinking the same. No idea how he managed to generate those kind of figures. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

I remember watching that video and thinking the same. No idea how he managed to generate those kind of figures. 

Yeah, I will have to do some benchmarks when mine arrives see if I get similar or close results

Custom PC:

• 4 weeks later...

Acer X34 Predator Gsync ordered just got to wait 19 days for it now :)  

Custom PC:

Acer X34 Predator Gsync ordered just got to wait 19 days for it now :)

Where did you order the G-Sync version from?