Wonder why the Xbox logo is green? Here's why

Rekx

Xbox Co-creator Seamus Blackley talked about this with IGN recently. When asked why the branding for the original Xbox was green, here’s exactly what he said.

A guy called Horace Luke, when we had to have a logo for a meeting or something, he had one of those awesome sets of markers with the paint tips, and so everybody immediately stole all of them. The only color he had left was like the green nobody wanted, and so we made all this artist stuff with green and now it’s like still green. And I find that bizarre. I mean, can you imagine? It’s like Horace and the green marker and now, you know, on buses in foreign countries. What? That’s crazy!

And here i thought companies did focus groups, and hired some clever people to decide these things. But apparently i was wrong :P

News link: Technobuffalo 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

lol

Favourite Game: 
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion -[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is an action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks and the Take-Two Interactive subsidiary, 2K Games. It is the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls action fantasy video game series, following The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and preceding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Oblivion was first released in March 2006. 

Favourite Music: 
Look at my Mixcloud [https://www.mixcloud.com/Gabelele/]  If you want  

PC specs: 

-Pentium G3258 
-GTX 750ti 
-8gb no name RAM 
-MSI h81m-e34 
-240gb Kingston SSD now SSD 
-1tb Seagate baracuda HDD 
-500watt Aero cool 'X-strike' PSU 
-Bitfenix Neos (Blue Y Black) 

- Modded Microsoft -Intelli mouse [linustechtips.com] (thanks to TheRandomness X/) 
-Logitech K120 keyboard 
-ASUS 21.5" 1080p monitor 

No mates facts: 

Favorite tank: Sturmgeschütz III (I understand the Sturmgeschütz series are not technically tanks but infact SPGs, 'got me') 
Favorite Aircraft: Henschel Hs 129

Roles or characters in games: 
WarThunder = Tank destroyer and sometimes my KV-1B if im bored 
CSGO = Sniper, I seem to be able to AWP 'well' apperently 
RPGs in general = Mage or Tank w/ resoration

I always thought it was because Nintendo is known to be red, Sony blue (at least since the PS2 years) so green would be a logical choice (together with yellow, which is a color not many people like in their electronics)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

WHAT....

I'm sure that most marketing teams work like this. Just put all of them in a box and see what  they draw.

"That'll be 2000 dollars for that new logo, sir"

But I must say, I like that shade of green

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I kinda thought it was because the DirectX logo was green, and as I recall, the "X" in Xbox was from DirectX. :/

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I always thought it was because Nintendo is known to be red, Sony blue (at least since the PS2 years) so green would be a logical choice (together with yellow, which is a color not many people like in their electronics)

Red

Green

Blue

RGB :D

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Red

Green

Blue

tlZ6A6G.gif

Almost as if they named RGB after that :o

/obvious sarcasm

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Red

Green

Blue

RGB CONSOLES WHEN

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

RGB CONSOLES WHEN

Wait up, XorsairStation U 720 RGB, coming soon :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wait up, XorsairStation U 720 RGB, coming soon :P

At least it's from Xorsair and not corsair :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

At least it's from Xorsair and not corsair :P

It features Corsair Xclusive Cherry MX RGB switches on the controller (hence the Xorsair) and the entire chassis of the unit lights up in RGB, with 300ppi screens instead of metal panels :P for all dat bling dawg

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

It features Corsair Xclusive Cherry MX RGB switches on the controller (hence the Xorsair) and the entire chassis of the unit lights up in RGB, with 300ppi screens instead of metal panels [emoji14] for all dat bling dawg

And have software included, which require a 100 page pdf file [emoji14]

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz