Monitor upgrade opinions (Dell U2515H)

A bit about my situation (can skip): I have been window shopping for a 1440p monitor for over a year now, and am considering how wise it would be to spring for one this summer. I am intrigued by freesync (and gsync) but haven't noticed problems with tearing aside from a few instances (I am pretty casual) and don't really want a "gaming" monitor. I am already planning to get an oculus, so most of my eyecandy gaming will be in that I believe. I basically just want to upgrade for productivity and image quality (coming from a not-too-bad ViewSonic VX2370SMH-LED 1080p 23" IPS monitor). A couple of months ago I bought a K272HUL from the Amazon Marketplace with "light scratching" and the condition listed as "very good", but it had noticeable pits in the center of the upper screen so it was extremely prominent, although it is likely I would have returned it due to horrible back light bleed alone. I guess the moral of the story is if the price is $40 cheaper than everything similar, there's probably a catch. Also after ordering a refurb monitor for a friend's budget build I noticed a strip of dim lighting all along the right edge and some pretty bad backlight bleed on the bottom left corner (PLS panel). So I think at this point I have learned that I am pretty picky when it comes to my displays, and am slowly accepting the fact that I probably just need to pony up some cash since I will get what I pay for I guess. Also, the prices on 1440p displays don't seem to be plummeting like I thought they might with 4K apparently about to leapfrog 1440p as the next "consumer" resolution. 

Okay, so the above paragraph is back-story but basically I am looking at 1440p displays for general use and light productivity. I want to buy something as an investment that I can use and be content with for 5+ years. Because of this, I think it will be worthwhile to pursue a quality brand because of the superior QA and warranty support that goes along with them. My current main interest is the Dell U2515H because it seems like a solid all around panel. I would like to hear from anyone with experience using 1440p on 25" displays (if there are any of you on this forum). I test drove a 27" 1440p display and it took a bit of adapting from a 23" 1080p panel, but I doubt it would be a long term problem. I am using my 12.5" 1080p laptop without any scaling and have gotten used to that so assuming an appropriate sitting distance I don't think 25" is out of the question for 1440p. Sorry for the long post, but I am basically asking for opinions on 1440p at 25" and possibly experiences with this panel or suggestions for similarly high quality panels. I have a somewhat fluid budget, but want to try to keep this purchase under $400 or at least close.

TL;DR: What are ya'lls opinions on the Dell U2515H and 25" 2560x1440 displays in general? Any suggestions for another high quality panel backed up by a good company that is a better bang for the buck?

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Fucking do it. 1440p is the best thing since sliced bread. Just be aware that it is hard for GPUs to push in games.

I don't have any experience with 25" only 27", but I can imagine it would be fine, and it would look super mint.

On company choice? I have no idea. I like my x-star korean monitor but it does have a couple dead pixels, so not so great if you are doing professional work or are looking for an investment.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Why not an LG ultrawide monitor?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why not an LG ultrawide monitor?

Those are a bit more than $400, trust me I think something like that would be my dream monitor, but I wouldn't love toting it around to college/LAN style hangouts. I mostly just want a really high quality panel and am fed up with 1080p (sidescrolling on websites is THE WORST while windows are snapped).

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Those are a bit more than $400, trust me I think something like that would be my dream monitor, but I wouldn't love toting it around to college/LAN style hangouts. I mostly just want a really high quality panel and am fed up with 1080p (sidescrolling on websites is THE WORST while windows are snapped).

The 25 inch models are only 250.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The 25 inch models are only 250.

Ah, although I would view that model as a sidegrade rather than an upgrade since it would actually be "smaller" than my current 23" vertically and I am not sold on the 2560x1080 resolution. What do you see as the main advantage of that over a full 1440p option?

Fucking do it. 1440p is the best thing since sliced bread. Just be aware that it is hard for GPUs to push in games.

I don't have any experience with 25" only 27", but I can imagine it would be fine, and it would look super mint.

On company choice? I have no idea. I like my x-star korean monitor but it does have a couple dead pixels, so not so great if you are doing professional work or are looking for an investment.

Yeah, I think my R9 290 is capable of 1440p gaming at a reasonable level, and I could probably run games like TW3 at 1080p without it looking bad if I wanted to keep the eye-candy turned up a bit. Also, I will probably upgrade the GPU within a year, possibly before the oculus launch depending on GPU pricing then. I am not the hugest gamer honestly, but do enjoy having the capability to do it from time to time.

Ah, although I would view that model as a sidegrade rather than an upgrade since it would actually be "smaller" than my current 23" vertically and I am not sold on the 2560x1080 resolution. What do you see as the main advantage of that over a full 1440p option?

Well, technically, it's wider, so you have more room on your desktop, and since it's not 1440P it doesn't tax your GPU as much.

Well, technically, it's wider, so you have more room on your desktop, and since it's not 1440P it doesn't tax your GPU as much.

I appreciate the input, but I am planning to use this display for awhile, and 1440p isn't that demanding for general desktop use. I think full 1440p is a safer bet since it is a well established resolution. Maybe one day I will get some 40inch 6880x2880 ultrawide with some better-than-ips technology but for now I can't justify a $750 3440x1440 monitor so I will stick with something more concervative since I don't really like 2560x1080 that much.

Own a U2515H best decision I've made its bloody gorgeous.

Review http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2515h.htm

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

I'm in the exact same boat as you mate (weird that). Looking to upgrade from a 22" 1080p IPS monitor which is decent enough. I am not an avid FPS gamer, but do play games casually so wouldn't want something that's completely useless at gaming. Looking to upgrade for productivity sake, I need moar pixels for programming/spreadsheets/browsers etc.

My only concern is whether 25" is big enough for 1440p. I can get the U2515H for £243 (sold by Amazon), but for £30 more I can get the 27" BenQ GW2765HT which is also quite highly rated. The U2715H is £350 which is way too much for me.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 .:. Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz .:. Graphics Card: MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC 2GB

Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1x 1000GB WD Blue .:. RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill RipjawzX 2133MHz .:. CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Case: NZXT H440 Black/Red .:. PSU: Corsair CX600M .:. Fans: 5x 120mm AeroCool Dead Silence, 1x 140mm AeroCool Dead Silence