Should i buy Palit GTX 970 jetstream?

ElvanOng
Go to solution Solved by Skyway,

Gigabyete, msi , or asus.  Those are the top three 970's.  It doesn't mean other brands aren't going to be good, it just means those are the cream of the crop (cooler temps, better overclocking, etc.).  If you like the looks of it and you can afford it, go for it.

The potential problems with a lesser brand might be customer service, components used on board may not be as high quality, longevity of the card, etc.  I have never owned a Palit brand card and I can't comment on their products, this is more of a generalized statement.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

Need opinion for buying palit gtx 970 jetstream , is it a good card or any other card that have similar price compare to palit.

The card is fine. Buying a graphics card these days is mostly up to personal preference. If you like the look of it, go for it.

Edit- I must clarify that I am talking about cards of the same GPU core.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The card is fine. Buying a graphics card these days is mostly up to personal preference. If you like the look of it, go for it.

Edit- I must clarify that I am talking about cards of the same GPU core.

thx bro for the reply, i appreciate that

No worries, welcome to the LTT community :)

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Just don't get MSI due to their shitty RMA service

lol, noted that

This is why I buy it from Microcenter. They do the RMA for us (at least mine does) and just give us another card. And they pricematch which is awesome.

This is why I buy it from Microcenter. They do the RMA for us (at least mine does) and just give us another card. And they pricematch which is awesome.

The funny thing is that's where I bought it from lol, I should go to them though considering that they gave me a refund on an FX-6300 after a year (broke :P)

Gigabyete, msi , or asus.  Those are the top three 970's.  It doesn't mean other brands aren't going to be good, it just means those are the cream of the crop (cooler temps, better overclocking, etc.).  If you like the looks of it and you can afford it, go for it.

The potential problems with a lesser brand might be customer service, components used on board may not be as high quality, longevity of the card, etc.  I have never owned a Palit brand card and I can't comment on their products, this is more of a generalized statement.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

purely on a brand point of view not that specific card. Having owned two Palit gtx770 in SLI for over a year I would have to say they are still as quiet and reliable as ever, I actually bought them for the design that matches the gold on older asus motherboards rather than the price. Would recommend Palit to anyone. IMO id be wary of people judging Palit without ever owning their products.

Since they're the biggest graphics card manufacturer on the planet, I'd say don't judge then before you own one. I've had one card in the past and I was extremely pleased with it. Also the jetstream is a pretty good cooler. Or so the benchmarks show.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

The Jetstream is a ok cooler. I haven't owned any other cards, but coming from a Palit user (not a 970, but a 960 :P yes pls dont judge)

I'd say go for the Palit, but if you have extra dough, get a card from Gigabyte, EVGA, or Asus

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

Thanks to all that gave me those great info, i think i'll go for the palit  :D