More OnePlus Two information - battery size, LTE bands, and more revealed

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/09/new-oneplus-2-details-3300mah-battery-lte-bands-priority-invite-system/

Source 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3cos0m/oneplus_amaa_preoneplus_2_launch_edition/

Four members of the OnePlus crew took to Reddit to answer some fan questions. They answered multiple things ranging from OxygenOS tweaks, OnePlus One fixes, and new information on the OnePlus Two. 

So what new information was revealed? Well to start, the OnePlus Two will be smaller than the OnePlus One. The One had a 5.5" screen, which to me is fine, but still a bit large, but to a lot of people it's a turn off, so OnePlus is reducing the size. 5"? 5.2"? Guess we'll find out on the 27th of July. The OnePlus Two will also have a 3,300mAh battery, which should get you through your day perfectly fine. The option to choose on screen or capacitive buttons is returning. Lastly, the StyleSwaps "are gonna be much, much better."

In regards to the GSM/WCDMA/LTE bands available on the OnePlus Two, it's finally official what bands will be supported:

US model

GSM - 850/900/1,800/1,900MHz

WCDMA/HSPA/UMTS - Bands 1/2/4/5/8

LTE - Bands 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17

European model

GSM - 850/900/1,800/1,900MHz

WCDMA/HSPA/UMTS - Bands 1/2/5/8

LTE - Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20

As for the invite system goes, early supporters will be prioritized this time around. And as for the OnePlus Two keynote taking place on the 27th of July, there will be an option to watch it in VR or not in VR. 

COMIC SANS

Nice! If pricing is about the same, maybe $300 USD, this will be a smash. I'm excited. :)

Only thing I'm not sure about is the smaller screen, could be a good thing, however.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Nice! If pricing is about the same, maybe $300 USD, this will be a smash. I'm excited. :)

Only thing I'm not sure about is the smaller screen, could be a good thing, however.

I think this one will be like flagship price.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think this one will be like flagship price.

OnePlus has already confirmed that the OnePlus Two will be priced below $450. I think they're shooting for a price point of $350 for the 16GB version and $400 for the 64GB version, or $400 and $450 respectively. 

They did the same thing with the OnePlus One and said that it would sell for below either $350 or $400 (can't remember which one it was), and it ended up retailing for $300/$350.

COMIC SANS

I'm interested but I'm getting a Droid Turbo ballistic for free because I've been with Verizon since they bought whatever company I had before, I think it was Singular Wireless.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

OnePlus has already confirmed that the OnePlus Two will be priced below $450. I think they're shooting for a price point of $350 for the 16GB version and $400 for the 64GB version, or $400 and $450 respectively. 

They did the same thing with the OnePlus One and said that it would sell for below either $350 or $400 (can't remember which one it was), and it ended up retailing for $300/$350.

If they could put a damn warehouse in canada to avoid Customs... thats the really seller. This phone is priced like a flagship if you include all of that otherwise

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Well to start, the OnePlus Two will be smaller than the OnePlus One. The One had a 5.5" screen, which to me is fine, but still a bit large, but to a lot of people it's a turn off, so OnePlus is reducing the size. 5"? 5.2"? Guess we'll find out on the 29th of July. 

I'd put my money on it still maintaining 5.5 inches, just slimming out the bezels ala LG G3.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

I would love a 5.2 inch version, if it gets slims bezels like my G2 then it would be the perfect size.

I really don't think it's going to be any smaller screen size wise. They've also been pretty coy with their photography before.

With the OnePlus One they had a picture showing it "under" a Sony Xperia Z1. That phone is considerably smaller than a OnePlus One, so expect it to be the same size, perhaps a hair smaller.

Haha, SwapStyle covers. Right. They claimed there'd be a vast selection of them before. They got what, 2 out? So it won't be hard to improve on that much.

This is the kind of marketing bullshit I wish they'd stop.

I might sound harsh, but I've seen a lot of deception and failed promises from this company, as I've been following them from their inception.

I hope this device is better than what they claimed the last one would be.

The OnePlus One is by no means bad, just figured it'd be a lot more by what they were spouting off.

I forsee it being a fair bit more than $300, the S810 is a much more expensive SoC.

If they could put a damn warehouse in canada to avoid Customs... thats the really seller. This phone is priced like a flagship if you include all of that otherwise

Canada doesn't have duty on electronics. Any fee's you get charged are tax, and you'd have to pay that regardless.

The killer is the exchange rate with the USD.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I really don't think it's going to be any smaller screen size wise. They've also been pretty coy with their photography before.

With the OnePlus One they had a picture showing it "under" a Sony Xperia Z1. That phone is considerably smaller than a OnePlus One, so expect it to be the same size, perhaps a hair smaller.

Haha, SwapStyle covers. Right. They claimed there'd be a vast selection of them before. They got what, 2 out? So it won't be hard to improve on that much.

I might sound harsh, but I've seen a lot of deception and failed promises from this company, as I've been following them from their inception.

The OnePlus One is by no means bad, just figured it'd be a lot more by what they were spouting off.

I forsee it being a fair bit more than $300, the S810 is a much more expensive SoC.

Canada doesn't have duty on electronics. Any fee's you get charged are tax, and you'd have to pay that regardless.

While when I brought my 1+1 it was 12%, then when it came to my door there was a 60$ fee for customs... came up to 486$ was not pleased by the customs. Much rather deal with Canadian prices then customs. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

While when I brought my 1+1 it was 12%, then when it came to my door there was a 60$ fee for customs... came up to 486$ was not pleased by the customs. Much rather deal with Canadian prices then customs. 

Really? Because I didn't have that issue..

Just the tax.

In fact, if you use this calculator and use the $450 value that the OnePlus would have, you'll see that you're only charged the tax.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Customs had nothing to do with it. Your issue is likely with the shipper they chose tacking on extra fees.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Small correction, they got 7 out.

1. Silk white

2. Sandstone black

3. Obsidian black

4. Bamboo

6. Oneplus anniversary edition.

7. JBL edition

This issue was you needed to grab them from a 3rd party retailer is you lived outside China. Not sure why they couldn't work out logistics for the majority of covers, but that's why people were disappointed.

29th of July.

Do you mean the 27th? It's easy for me to remember because it's on my birthday and Windows 10 is on my dad's (29th).

Do you mean the 27th? It's easy for me to remember because it's on my birthday and Windows 10 is on my dad's (29th).

My bad! Thanks for pointing this out! Fixed.

COMIC SANS

Waterproof... Waterproof... Waterproof.... Just me? Okay....

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B