Logitech Is Changing Its Name to "Logi" Because Tech Means Nothing

BiG StroOnZ
Is Linus following in Logitech's foot steps and renaming the channel to Linus Tips?

Thats sounds like more of a narsisitic move rather than because of tech.

Channel Linus Fun

Linus Quickie

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I always thought Logitech was short for Logical Technologies.... but whatever. Be free little logi....

Lord of Helium.

No. Just No. Just fucking stop. No way in the name of hell will changing a name make you more "hip" in any fucking way. The name was fine in itself, no needed to change it. Hell, it looks better as Logitech. the new Logi logo is shit. Total and complete shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Let's hope this creates such a backlash that they revert to the PROPER name and logo. 

Dear people of LogiTECH,

Before coming up with such horrendous logos and nonsense names, please look at how the internet exploded when Corsair came up with the Tramp Stamp new Corsair Gaming logo.

That was only Corsair, you just managed to upset a much larger amount of customers.  Prepare for the shitstorm ...

I'll never purchase something with Logi branding stamped on, only Logitech.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Someone please, PLEASE start a change.org petition to tell them to change it back to Logitech. LOGI is the worst name ever. And i'm guaranteed that they would make more money if they left it Logitech.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not true at all.

Just saw a logitech rep on reddit saying its only a new brand .

Its not gonna replace the old logitech brand.

VrTGMlE.png

You people need to calm down and check the facts first.

This could end bad for Logitech, hell, "Logi" just sounds like a cheap Chinese brand.

"Logitech" actually sounds like it means business, "Logi" on the other hand...

Guy 1 : Dude, I just bought this cool keyboard.

Guy 2 : Really, what brand it is?

Guy 1 : Logi.

Guy 2 : ... what?

But hey, I could be wrong.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Logitech be like:

"You guys remember all the cool tech we made and how involved we were into it? Yeah, screw tech!"

*changes name to Logi*

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

This might mean that some stuff they're doing or getting involved in,  in the future might not be tech based. Or... maybe I'm just cray. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

The company is still named logitech, they just have a specific brand of peripherals that's under the logi brand...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You know Logitech, that company that makes the great keyboards, and the great speakers, and the great gaming mice?

Can't say ive heard of a company by that name that offers that.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Thank god it's a sub brand ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Why not LogiK?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Read the verge artiçle in the image.

Read the bottom of the article in the OP:

The name Logitech isn’t retiring quite yet. For one, it’ll remain the company’s formal name and be sticking around on a lot of Logitech’s older stuff like mice, keyboards, and even Boom speakers...at least for now. But Logitech says, that if everything goes accordingly, Logi will be the name inscribed on almost all the things it makes, because tech isn’t spoken anymore—it’s understood.

No.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Logitech sounds way better than logi.... <_<

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Read the bottom of the article in the OP:

And that's what's bothering me, who the fuck doesn't pronounce tech in logitech ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

And that's what's bothering me, who the fuck doesn't pronounce tech in logitech ?

I think they are trying to capture the technology motivated civilization we live in today, by claiming we are constantly surrounded by it so there is no reason anymore to to reference it in their company name as opposed to years ago when they first started.

I feel like this is just change for the sake of change. Logitech is such a recognizable name that I don't understand why the need to change.  It's like Microsoft suddenly saying they are not "soft" anymore so they called themselves "micro" from now on.

Using their same logic, we will now stop using the "pedobear" brand for our line of peripherals because we are not really a bear. Starting today, we will be known as "pedo".

"Logi" sounds like it's meant for something small and cute. No one would buy anything from them if they put it on their mice and keyboards.