Is this a good monitor?

Gamebozzo

Yeah it's decent. I think Linus did an unboxing on one of these.Very thin bezel on that one.

Linus approves so yes

o yea and since it has no speakers would be better 2 buy headphones or speakers???

Solid.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

o yea and since it has no speakers would be better 2 buy headphones or speakers???

Don't use a monitor's speakers if you want good sound.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would say headphones.

Don't use a monitor's speakers if you want good sound.

The monitor doesn't even have speakers.

That depends entirely on the person. Just think about what you'd rather be stuck with.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

The monitor doesn't even have speakers.

I was referring to any case with monitor speakers.

That depends entirely on the person. Just think about what you'd rather be stuck with.

so what would be better

has 2 be less than $75

Personally, I'd prefer speakers (have to wear glasses) but if you want to be communicating with others, a mic is necessary in certain situations. Depends if you want to game. I have some speakers kicking around and thinking about just getting a mic though instead of going for headphones. Not sure if you can get really quality headphones for under $75 though.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

You can get some pretty good Logitech speakers for less than $75... You won't be able to pick out the nuances of the fifth violin in Beethoven's Symphony, but they're acceptable if you're on a budget.

Back to your original question, Acer makes decent stuff. My old monitors were Acer, and I loved them. They weren't super high resolution, but the color was nice, there wasn't any image ghosting, and I never noticed any bad input lag. 

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

that monitor would be awesome for for surround gaming, except its' a glossy screen :(

You can get some pretty good Logitech speakers for less than $75... You won't be able to pick out the nuances of the fifth violin in Beethoven's Symphony, but they're acceptable if you're on a budget.

Back to your original question, Acer makes decent stuff. My old monitors were Acer, and I loved them. They weren't super high resolution, but the color was nice, there wasn't any image ghosting, and I never noticed any bad input lag. 

Personally, I'd prefer speakers (have to wear glasses) but if you want to be communicating with others, a mic is necessary in certain situations. Depends if you want to game. I have some speakers kicking around and thinking about just getting a mic though instead of going for headphones. Not sure if you can get really quality headphones for under $75 though.

wat would be better razer ferox or razer electra

Personally? I would say stay away from anything with the word "mobile" in it. Nine times out of ten you're sacrificing sound quality for portability.

That being said, it's still tough to compare these two things because one is a headset and one is, more or less, speakers. If you're alright wearing a headset constantly while you game, get a solid headset. If you want something that doesn't tether you down, get speakers. Preferably desktop speakers.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

that monitor would be awesome for for surround gaming, except its' a glossy screen :(

I don't understand what's wrong with glossy screens. I've had my iMac for three years now and the screen doesn't bother me, in fact I think it makes it look better than those that aren't.

Personally I don't like razer products. I hear Steelseries 7H are good, I think they're a bit too much for you. You can try their 3H as well. Between those two I'd probably get the headset though. Those speakers are battery operated...

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I don't understand what's wrong with glossy screens. I've had my iMac for three years now and the screen doesn't bother me, in fact I think it makes it look better than those that aren't.

Personally I don't like razer products. I hear Steelseries 7H are good, I think they're a bit too much for you. You can try their 3H as well. Between those two I'd probably get the headset though. Those speakers are battery operated...

Logitech G230

Logitech G230

I don't know much about headsets, you can get the razer headsets if you like, I'm just saying I don't prefer them. Can't really every go wrong with logitech items though. They're pretty well made all around.

I don't know much about headsets, you can get the razer headsets if you like, I'm just saying I don't prefer them. Can't really every go wrong with logitech items though. They're pretty well made all around.

i think ill go with this headphone since it matches my build more  :P, but is it ok 2 have a setup with no speakers, ive been using laptop most of my life, this actually gonna be my first build btw :D

i think ill go with this headphone since it matches my build more  :P, but is it ok 2 have a setup with no speakers, ive been using laptop most of my life, this actually gonna be my first build btw :D

It depends on you if it's okay to not have speakers. Good luck on your build.

It depends on you if it's okay to not have speakers. Good luck on your build.

thnx