2011 Macbook Pro 15'' worth $600

Exactly. People that have never owned a Mac, or a MacBook, don't seem to recognise that people like to spend an extra $300-500 on something which just feels of quality. Even the hinge, trackpad, keyboard, AC adpater, everything about them and for something which will last years. 

Non tech savy? Can i ask why you say that? Like, seriously, everyone seems to say that Apple products are for non tech savy people, i'd love to know why. 

IKR alot of tech savy people use macs and love it, I owned one in high school and I liked it, prefer windows/linux but I still liked it.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Nah. It's for everyone who values a reliable and well built machine.

Macbooks are the best laptops you can buy.

Everyone from professional coders to general consumers use it. 

Thank+you+very+much+admin+_1702c7a2b3054

Nothing It was free, I got it from work

Then you don't own it. Unless by some special way you got your boss not to fuck you over. 

Last time I checked, a 4790k > 4770k, even by a little bit.

last time I checked 2 980s>780s a hella lot more than 4790k>4770k. switch the 2 cpus and you would see what? a 10% difference tops? in games zero? but if you swap 2 780s for 980s, whole new world. 

how so? its a business laptop. all of lenovos business laptops have the exact same design. 

maybe because Im a guy who loves noctuas and a H440s, but not everyone wants a super flashy laptop. they want one...that well, does business. 

My laptop is not overly flashy, yet still looks modern.

dell-e6420.jpg

last time I checked 2 980s>780s a hella lot more than 4790k>4770k. switch the 2 cpus and you would see what? a 10% difference tops? in games zero? but if you swap 2 780s for 980s, whole new world. 

k

how so? its a business laptop. all of lenovos business laptops have the exact same design. 

maybe because Im a guy who loves noctuas and a H440s, but not everyone wants a super flashy laptop. they want one...that well, does business. 

Great point, lenovo is bringing back the look of the old thinkpads, even the keyboard!!!!! I'm going to fall in love all over again

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Then you don't own it. Unless by some special way you got your boss not to fuck you over. 

If it was given to him, he owns it.... 

mate employers give employees hardware all the time. my step dad got a 1000$ laptop. its just a ultra thin i7, but its "for work" but stays home most of the time.

why? its a write off. and looks good to employees. 

My laptop is not overly flashy, yet still looks modern.

A Macbook from 2006 looks more modern.

Thing is, Thinkpads weren't built to look modern. They were built to be rugged, nothing more, nothing less. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

If it was given to him, he owns it.... 

My school is "giving" us iPads this year. Doesn't mean we own them. They do want them back when we leave school.

I do own it, it;s mine.....How would my boss fuck me over, unlike what you think not every boss is an asshole.

A Macbook from 2006 looks more modern.

Thing is, Thinkpads weren't built to look modern. They were built to be rugged, nothing more, nothing less. 

So wait, this looks modern to you?

MacBook_white.png

Great point, lenovo is bringing back the look of the old thinkpads, even the keyboard!!!!! I'm going to fall in love all over again

I saw they where making a throwback model. excited to see what they do with it. I love how a lot of people don't even know about lenovo, even though they are one of, or the largest computer companies. 

@Icuw1pc

Sorry, but a bunch of Apple haters (who have probably never owned a MacBook in their life and go off of other people's opinions (whom will most likely also not have owned a MacBook)), seem to have hijacked your thread and turned it into a flamewar. 

My school is "giving" us iPads this year. Doesn't mean we own them. They do want them back when we leave school.

I can tell you right now they don't want it back, it went in the brackets last year....he's never said anything about it other than you can have it. So it's mine...

In that context, you don't own it. But in the context of the other guy, his employer gave him the item, and he does own it. 

So wait, this looks modern to you?

Yes. To me and everyone who knows a bit of industrial design. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

@Icuw1pc

Sorry, but a bunch of Apple haters (who have probably never owned a MacBook in their life and go off of other people's opinions (whom will most likely also not have owned a MacBook)), seem to have hijacked your thread and turned it into a flamewar. 

I have not owned a MacBook, but I have used a MacBook. I've used iMacs as well. Never was impressed.

I'll just join the thread and ask something - why the hell MacBook prices are so high?I mean,MacBook Pro 1.1(2006 i believe) still costs about 200-300 euros(or dollars,doesn't matter)?Because of the build?Because of the OS stability?Because of branding?Can someone explain it to me?Similiar things is happening with MacBook White and first MBA
About the concrete deal - i guess it's a good deal if it is in perfect condition.

@Icuw1pc

Yea, :(

Thanks for the help, I'm picking it up after lunch. I'm going to be throwing my old 530 ssd in and reinstall mac.

Yes. To me and everyone who knows a bit of industrial design. 

Actually to me, it looks to be 9 years old. It reminds me of the core 2 era of laptops. 

I'll just join the thread and ask something - why the hell MacBook prices are so high?I mean,MacBook Pro 1.1(2006 i believe) still costs about 200-300 euros(or dollars,doesn't matter)?Because of the build?Because of the OS stability?Because of branding?Can someone explain it to me?Similiar things is happening with MacBook White and first MBA

About the concrete deal - i guess it's a good deal if it is in perfect condition.

Because iSheep will buy anything.

They are solid computers, good products and Apple is one of the most net worth companies in the world.

I have not owned a MacBook, but I have used a MacBook. I've used iMacs as well. Never was impressed.

Yeah, using something doesn't give you an overall impression. Living with one, and using it as your daily driver, does however. 

EDIT: Which is why Linus used his Mac for about a month, to gain an overall impression; rather than using it for one day or a few hours.

Yea, :(

Thanks for the help, I'm picking it up after lunch. I'm going to be throwing my old 530 ssd in and reinstall mac.

Sounds good, i stuck a 840 EVO in mine and the thing was heaven. Don't go near Yosemite though, stick with Mavericks IMO.