Tech in your house that annoys you

scobie56

for me its got to be my wireless printer ive only just got it and its already pissing me off

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

All tech

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Printer and home phone (land line phone?)

Pretty much all tech my dad owns..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

that my expensive peasant box can't play 60fps but my 2 year old pc can. 

Any and all apple products.

And my PC when I'm trying to sleep when it decides to wake up in the middle of the fucking night and light up my entire room with all the LEDs and shit inside it, and my k70 RGB glowing...w

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

my TV that doesn't properly scale my 1080p PC input and the shitty remote that does the opposite of what I tell it to do

My mother's old Galaxy Tab 10.1 (first generation) when she still had it. She was constantly complaining about it being too slow and crashing. I really was a piece of crap, I just told her it was old and obsolete.

Luckily she has the newest model now and it can still keep up ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

And my PC when I'm trying to sleep when it decides to wake up in the middle of the fucking night and light up my entire room with all the LEDs and shit inside it, and my k70 RGB glowing...w

Do you have anything that charges with USB's plugged in? This is probs your issue.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Cable box and home phone

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Anything networking -- my range extender which for some reason decided to suddenly jump to limited access....and my wireless printer, which refuses to connect to the wifi. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Do you have anything that charges with USB's plugged in? This is probs your issue.

Its not, windows decided to set damn maintenance tasks to run at like 3am and 5am... got those changed last night, have yet to test to see if that resolved it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My graphics card, HATE IT, and my motherboard, long story short: it's really ugly and i couldn't do anything about it. HATE IT.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I sometimes close my laptop with a paused movie/tv show and it wakes up in the middle of the night and starts playing it, now that gives me a heart attack every time. Now I make sure to not leave anything paused.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

CABLES......i just HATE seeing them

Compaq EXS MiniTower | Intel Celeron 800Mhz CPU | nVidia TNT 2 | 128 MB Ram | 4GB HDD

Costum Build | Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz | nVidia Quadro 980 xgl | VIA Motherboard l 128 MB | 1 GB Ram | 80 GB HDD  

Dell OptiPlex| Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz HT| Intergrated Graphics| 1.5 GB Ram| 320 GB HDD

Costum Build 2012| Intel i5-3330| Asus GT 630| ASUS P8-B75-M LX PLUS| 500 BG HDD

Fijutsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505

Toshiba A205-S4577

DELL Ispiron 15r N5110

HP Pavilion G6 2012

HP ProBook 450 G1 | Intel Core i5-4200M | AMD Radeon 8750M | 4GB 1600MHz Ram | 750 GB HDD

TiVo Box (TV cable box), takes about 5 minutes to boot up and is seriously slow. 

Its not, windows decided to set damn maintenance tasks to run at like 3am and 5am... got those changed last night, have yet to test to see if that resolved it.

Yup, same thing is happening for me. Windows checking for updates at 3AM, so if I put my PC into sleep it will wake up (and usually me) at that time...  <_<

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

The Actiontec modem/router from Verizon that replaced the Motorola Surfboard and Asus router combo that we had with Comcast when we switched service. Hate Verizon's silly excuse for a good router/switch/modem/access point. Bulky, single band crap.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I can't punch through the many concrete walls to get a reliably fast wireless signal to my PC.  I have a 50ft Cat5 line that crosses my hallway.  It is tucked under the baseboards, but it still bugs me.

The gigantic pile of cables under my desk; I really need to get them sorted out. The printer that will only print when there's one piece of paper in it. My tv witch whenever it turns on, moves all my tabs onto it (its facing away from me) and somehow it randomly turns on every 6-7 hours. My three year old laptop with a dodgy screen, is really slow and requires a total reset every month. My monitors that somehow get moved every so often. All of those horribly bad tablets my mum buys for my little sister that I have to get working (they are working they are just stupidly slow, seriously don't buy them). The bloody internet connection and almost anything network related in the house and pretty much anything that doesn't do what it says it does on the box

Bell only giving me 2 Mbps at points when telling me I'll get 6 Mbps... Canadian problems :(