Thoughts on my Survival/Horror games build...

ThatGingerKid

sigh ... yeah the 7990 is sooooo great, that amd discontinued it ;)

"Low End Video Editing card"  :D

It's probably because they are releasing the 9xxx series when it is getting discontinued

And then he should have taken the 2 7990s or 4 7970's....it works out cheaper and is in theory 4x the power since 7990 = 2x the power of a Titan at the same price point.

I do agree the 7990 has better performance but definitely not double.

Athlons are out of date. I have one! They are nto that good for gaming.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

The 7990 is a higher end card than the Titan...you are clearly an Nividia Fanboy who are known to Follow Linus anyway...also you do realize that it was stopped because of the new Volcanic Islands replacing it in Q4 2013 right....i dont think you did.....the card never sold much thanks to all the Nvidia idiots buying Titans for silly money...So they are stopping it and moving towards 9000 Series

Call me a NVIDIA fanboy. My first own paid/owned PC had a geforce4 mx 460 and I never bought any ati cards :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The 7990 is a higher end card than the Titan...you are clearly an Nividia Fanboy who are known to Follow Linus anyway...also you do realize that it was stopped because of the new Volcanic Islands replacing it in Q4 2013 right....i dont think you did.....the card never sold much thanks to all the Nvidia idiots buying Titans for silly money...So they are stopping it and moving towards 9000 Series

I enjoy how you are calling people Nvidia fan boys when clearly you are fanboying harder than any one in this thread while backing up your statements with no facts.

CPU: i5 2500k@4.1 Ghz| Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-M | Memory: Patriot G2 8Gb (2x4gb) @ 1333Mhz | Storage: Western Digital Blue 500Gb | PSU: Corsair HX750 | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Casing: Cooler Master 690 ii | GPU: EVGA 660 Ti Sc 3Gb GDDR5 @ 1178 Mhz |

3GB is plenty for 1440p but maybe not in the future.

not in eyefinity/surround

lol 6gb.  The 7990 has a 3gb framebuffer.  It doesn't use the vram of both gpus.

And good luck with trying to bash the guy with 10x better hardware than you.  

And @CoolBeans only 4 990s?  Psh weaksauce :p

Well it is a dual GPU card so I have 8 GPU's so I kinda screwed that up it should say 8 way SLI

Well it is a dual GPU card so I have 8 GPU's so I kinda screwed that up it should say 8 way SLI

That's true.  I was more referring to the 990s though.  Maxwell is sooo 2015.  My imaginary rig has 6 Volta Titans :D

well i said give me your budget ... 

like this will be ok for your budget http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

You need to post a permalink and not the url.

I created that, you dink

It was a url so it directed back to your own build.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7990 = 2x the power of a Titan at the same price point.

You're basically saying that 7970=Titan...

ThatGingerKid, on 28 Jul 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Few things before i show you

- I am not bothered about my Graphics Settings

- I do love Big Monitors

- I Will play other games...Survival/Horror is just its main purpose

- I will be pushing my CPU to 4Ghz and my GPU will sit at 1.1 Ghz...

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1lmeD

Does this have any Bottlenecks....Also if you feel i made a stupid choice...let me know with a suggestion.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-089-AM&groupid=595&catid=686 ;) i like athlon's they are good cpu's, go for it! i would go for a 2gb 7850 instead of the 7790 though, its worth it.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I was not talking about you using to much money...i mean you wasted money on 2 Titans when you could have 2 7990s for the same price...

you clearly dont know anytin . do you?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

you clearly dont know anytin . do you?

he just reccomended 2 7990's şnstead 2 titans some one give this guy a free brian he needs it no suprise he came up with a stupid build

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

It's called VRAM... 3Gb is not really much when running 3x 2560x1440/1600...

he is an idiot. really i wont even bother him anymore clearly 0 education.

he is a type of guy who thinks''7990=2x titans'' '' 2x7990>2x titans'' ''titans are bad video editting cards''

just.. lol

You need to post a permalink and not the url.

It was a url so it directed back to your own build.

Ahh

3GB is plenty for 1440p but maybe not in the future.

it`s even enough for battlefield 3 at 4k resolution 

i think this gingerboy sold his brain to buy a titan and now he cant think right

poor noob...

I dont know if you know this but a single 7990 has 6GB of VRAM. Also 3GB can run MOST games at those resolutions giving the exception to games such as Max Payne 3 which are VRAM Hogs.

lol he thinks 7990 uses 6 gb vram too this newbie is acting like he knows everytin but clearly NOT.

Night walkers...

They always they always think that they need 12GB of vram and bad scaling for 1080p

LOL.

this belongs in the future build section I believe.

what do you expect from this kid...