Thoughts on my Survival/Horror games build...

ThatGingerKid

Few things before i show you

- I am not bothered about my Graphics Settings

- I do love Big Monitors

- I Will play other games...Survival/Horror is just its main purpose

- I will be pushing my CPU to 4Ghz and my GPU will sit at 1.1 Ghz...

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1lmeD

Does this have any Bottlenecks....Also if you feel i made a stupid choice...let me know with a suggestion.

The ram price is based off the price Amazon sold it for, they have out of stock it so the ram costs £13 more than listed.

iliBtFr.png

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

gimme your budget and i will make you PC thats 10x times better than this :P

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I would recommend an FX Quad-Core over the Athlon due to it's age

CPU: Intel core i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 GPU: GTX 660 Motherboard: MSI Z87M-Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4gb Black @1.6ghz Power supply: Corsair HX650 80 plus gold Storage: Adata 64GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350d

I do not mean to sound horrible but you are using a 3930K and 2 GTX Titans....i would rather you did not XD

I do not mean to sound horrible but you are using a 3930K and 2 GTX Titans....i would rather you did not XD

well i said give me your budget ... 

like this will be ok for your budget http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

well i said give me your budget ... 

like this will be ok for your budget http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

I was not talking about you using to much money...i mean you wasted money on 2 Titans when you could have 2 7990s for the same price...

I created that, you dink

Good old Trolling at its best ;D

I was not talking about you using to much money...i mean you wasted money on 2 Titans when you could have 2 7990s for the same price...

Well quad crossfire-x would be quite a hassle lol

CPU: Intel core i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 GPU: GTX 660 Motherboard: MSI Z87M-Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4gb Black @1.6ghz Power supply: Corsair HX650 80 plus gold Storage: Adata 64GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350d

Well quad crossfire-x would be quite a hassle lol

Well even then 2 Titans is extreme overkill for ANYONE...you cant justify that...2 7970's perform better than a single 7990 so even then 2 7970s would last a very long time. Also 2 7990s are worth the little bit of hassle you get considering he already entered the SLI/CF issues by using 2 cards. He must be experienced enough to be able to create such a high end overkill PC

Well even then 2 Titans is extreme overkill for ANYONE...you cant justify that...2 7970's perform better than a single 7990 so even then 2 7970s would last a very long time. Also 2 7990s are worth the little bit of hassle you get considering he already entered the SLI/CF issues by using 2 cards. He must be experienced enough to be able to create such a high end overkill PC

Not if he's got a 4k monitor or a dual 1440p setup. Alot of horsepower would be required to game on those.

Not really, £600 isn't an awful lot and doesn't leave much room for improvement.

Not if he's got a 4k monitor or a dual 1440p setup. Alot of horsepower would be required to game on those.

And then he should have taken the 2 7990s or 4 7970's....it works out cheaper and is in theory 4x the power since 7990 = 2x the power of a Titan at the same price point.

And then he should have taken the 2 7990s or 4 7970's....it works out cheaper and is in theory 4x the power since 7990 = 2x the power of a Titan at the same price point.

It's called VRAM... 3Gb is not really much when running 3x 2560x1440/1600...

\

3GB is plenty for 1440p but maybe not in the future.

Surely 6gb of VRAM would be more suitable for a higher resolution setup than 3gb? The AMD cards would also require a higher wattage power supply and the 7970's have a similar TDP to the Titan when overclocked. Also some games perform better with Nvidia drivers like Metro Last Light which can make use of Physx

I dont know if you know this but a single 7990 has 6GB of VRAM. Also 3GB can run MOST games at those resolutions giving the exception to games such as Max Payne 3 which are VRAM Hogs.

Surely 6gb of VRAM would be more suitable for a higher resolution setup than 3gb? The AMD cards would also require a higher wattage power supply and the 7970's have a similar TDP to the Titan when overclocked. Also some games perform better with Nvidia drivers like Metro Last Light which can make use of Physx

Well the 7990s have 6GB of VRAM. He is building a high end PC...i dont think Heat or Power issues are a problems. You cant assume he plays Metro and plus the new AMD Drivers are out in 2 days and they new Nvidia ones have been known to kill GPUs.

lol ... nope

lol....Yes....the Titan is a Low End Video Editing card if anything....a single 7990 has been shown to provide more Performance than a Titan....Double in most games. Plus i dont think anyone wants the new Nvidia Drivers since they kill GPUs

lol....Yes....the Titan is a Low End Video Editing card if anything....a single 7990 has been shown to provide more Performance than a Titan....Double in most games. Plus i dont think anyone wants the new Nvidia Drivers since they kill GPUs

sigh ... yeah the 7990 is sooooo great, that amd discontinued it ;)

"Low End Video Editing card"  :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

sigh ... yeah the 7990 is sooooo great, that amd discontinued it ;)

"Low End Video Editing card"  :D

The 7990 is a higher end card than the Titan...you are clearly an Nividia Fanboy who are known to Follow Linus anyway...also you do realize that it was stopped because of the new Volcanic Islands replacing it in Q4 2013 right....i dont think you did.....the card never sold much thanks to all the Nvidia idiots buying Titans for silly money...So they are stopping it and moving towards 9000 Series