:( Guess who made £4.8 Milllion last year (from his fanbase of 8 year olds)

asim1999

She's 24...

Sure as hell doesn't look like it lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Good for him. He found a formula that works for this generation but it won't work for the next!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Look at the all the hates towards pewdiepie. I am not his fan nor I watch any of his video but please stop the hate.

Im sure he makes a lot of people happy but i personally hate his videos

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Well, today's kids, and previous generation are the transition generation. Back in 2000(lol i feel good saying that, although I was 3 years old back then) there wasn't such thing as a computer for everyone, large, spread internet connection etc.

Today most families have a computer, a smartphone, a tablet etc...so YT and generally platforms that support content creation are very profitable(if you do things right).

As for Felix (:cough: PewDiePie :cough:) , i am not a very huge fan of all his  videos. I mainly watched walkthroughs or opinions/reviews of known good games, and kinda ignored the horror stuff, but from what I heard, he's a really nice guy, and also one of the reasons YT is where it is today, as far as variety goes.

Congratulations and good luck is all I can say.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

We started a kill PewDiePie fund a couple of years ago. We currently have a half-chewed gum, a pencil, $3 in change and a paperclip. Soon... Soon...

Anyway, can't wait for his audience to grow up and realize he's actually a clown

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I can't stand him and his videos. I feel like my head will explode when I try to watch his videos, and I feel ashamed to be human when I read his fanboys' comments.

Still...money is money. I wonder if senselessly screaming into the mic while acting like I was dropped on my head as a babe will work for me too...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why do you care? All he does is just whore himself on video and that's it. Oh wait, you were the same person to complain about a gamer girl who got given a Titan X. Well, that's no surprise. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Screaming and random gameplay scenes without context.

That's worth it.

I don't understand how the people on this very site hate a YouTuber who panders solely to the preteen and child demographic.

Only on the internet do people complain over a content provider who provides a niche that doesn't matter to them.

His content isn't for everyone! That's the point. He knows that his style is loved by KIDS. He is NOT trying to gain the favour of older teens or adults.

So why do you all get so personally offended over how successful he is and how much money he makes? He found his niche, developed a style that worked for the audience he was trying to capture, and it seems to have worked out pretty damn well.

Do you guys also complain about TV shows that pander to children? How about TV shows that pander specifically to adults? Or to teenage girls? Or to the elderly? Cause that's all this guy does. He makes it for a specific audience, so why are people who he doesn't even care about getting upset at his success?

A lot of this thread is the jealously of narrow minded Individuals who can't grasp how he is so successful and why he still is relevant. He found something he enjoys doing with an audience that is receptive and he makes millions more than everyone here for doing it.

I'm not a fan of his at all, his content is not geared towards me in any way, but I am super happy for him, he's made a success from something that most people said was a dead end and he continues to grow in popularity.

I get why people don't like him, but you don't have to be an asshole about it, PewDiePie as a character is obnoxious, loud and annoying, but Felix as a person comes across as a pleasant and genuinely nice person and he deserves the success he's gained.

I don't think he deserves to be compared to Justin "Penis features" Beiber, because Justin is an all out dick, a horrible brat who deserves a punch to the throat, but PewDiePie is a character, a personality and is not representative of the person portaying him and some of you could do with remembering that before wishing ill health on him simply because he made a success from something that doesn't appeal to you.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

What I don't like about him is the charity things. If I recall he wants his subs to raise the money for it and he makes this kind of money in a year? Couldn't he give like 500K USD or 1m USD? I mean, it's not a lot compared to what he makes.

I'm not a fan of his at all, his content is not geared towards me in any way, but I am super happy for him, he's made a success from something that most people said was a dead end and he continues to grow in popularity.

I get why people don't like him, but you don't have to be an asshole about it, PewDiePie as a character is obnoxious, loud and annoying, but Felix as a person comes across as a pleasant and genuinely nice person and he deserves the success he's gained.

I don't think he deserves to be compared to Justin "Penis features" Beiber, because Justin is an all out dick, a horrible brat who deserves a punch to the throat, but PewDiePie is a character, a personality and is not representative of the person portaying him and some of you could do with remembering that before wishing ill health on him simply because he made a success from something that doesn't appeal to you.

Before he was really nice, when he played serious games like Last of Us or you know with good storylines and such he wouldn't scream like a fucking idiot and do stupid jokes. Now, that's all he does.

Good for him for finding a working formula.  Never watched his vids, from what I can tell I wouldn't like them.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I don't understand how the people on this very site hate a YouTuber who panders solely to the preteen and child demographic.

Only on the internet do people complain over a content provider who provides a niche that doesn't matter to them.

His content isn't for everyone! That's the point. He knows that his style is loved by KIDS. He is NOT trying to gain the favour of older teens or adults.

So why do you all get so personally offended over how successful he is and how much money he makes? He found his niche, developed a style that worked for the audience he was trying to capture, and it seems to have worked out pretty damn well.

Do you guys also complain about TV shows that pander to children? How about TV shows that pander specifically to adults? Or to teenage girls? Or to the elderly? Cause that's all this guy does. He makes it for a specific audience, so why are people who he doesn't even care about getting upset at his success?

A lot of this thread is the jealously of narrow minded Individuals who can't grasp how he is so successful and why he still is relevant. He found something he enjoys doing with an audience that is receptive and he makes millions more than everyone here for doing it.

There are far better kid centered channels, if one day I see my kid watching pewds I will promptly change it to someone else. There is low maturity gaming content out there that is not as brain depreciating as pewds. Yogscast comes to mind but I could probably think of about 5 more if given the time. /thread 

He is decent off camera, but acts like a retard in his videos

Cos immature kids and money

And? 

If he is not like that all the time, it means he's 'acting' for his audience.

Just like every fucking actor.

He found his audience and he knows how to maintain them and still not loose his sanity in real life.

This is what you do. 

HE is doing good. And I (same as you are ) am jealous that he has that kind of money. But on the other hand, since he needs to do an idiot from himself in front of camera,  he deserves them. 

You guys could hate me all damn day if I'm making that money from something so simple and getting to date CutiePie.

Well don't forget he must be pretty smart too.

No offence towards him, but his videos are very much low effort thus he can upload daily or even more often. More views = more money = more attention from YouTube, etc., etc., etc.

You should watch this video:

Exactly that's one of the best videos on the subject since he truly understands the mechanics of youtube. In fact Linus could potentially make channelsuperfun explode he just needs to start doing videos in a foreign language and move part of the production team to another country to keep exploiting the youtube system.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Kind of getting fed up with people joining the hype train of rim licking him or hating him.

Why can't he just be a guy that you have your OWN opinion on?

Fucking sheep man, dayum.

And? 

If he is not like that all the time, it means he's 'acting' for his audience.

Just like every fucking actor.

He found his audience and he knows how to maintain them and still not loose his sanity in real life.

This is what you do. 

HE is doing good. And I (same as you are ) am jealous that he has that kind of money. But on the other hand, since he needs to do an idiot from himself in front of camera,  he deserves them. 

EXACTLY!

He entertains people as that is his job. Why hate him? Because other people do?

Exactly that's one of the best videos on the subject since he truly understands the mechanics of youtube. In fact Linus could potentially make channelsuperfun explode he just needs to start doing videos in a foreign language and move part of the production team to another country to keep exploiting the youtube system.

Well they are in Canada, but I don't think that is far away enough :P 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Entertainment > education

I agree with everything he said

life is not fair, that's not how it works

and yet no one seems complain from real actor who get paid millions of dollar for each contract for a movie/tv series.

I don't understand why they always make him either like a complete retard or genius bastard (from money making stand point)

his works is completely based on ads revenue, it's really not reliable source, and yes he point that, if he isn't what he is today, someone else might fill his place.

for example no one praise him because the game he played got better sales

or a product that showed on his video get better viewer.

What people usually don't realize is the amount of money those people spend in starting fake views. For each video you can assume at least 100$ is spend fake views/like/comments just to make sure the popularity is growing. Considering he pays taxes his true salary surely not as big advertised. 

True, his non-gaming vids are pretty good

However, i am surprised that the GOOD people (e.g, Linus) are struggling to make good money off YT, and have hence resorted to Vessel

It is amazing how kids can impact the salary of someone nowadays 

Watch this:

It's pretty educational and is entertaining. Also, love MatPat.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/