Windows 10 may be finished this Thursday [Rumor]

WereCat

Insiders will never be happy. The problem is that the software complexity and size of Windows is extremely difficult to have everything polished to perfection. What Microsoft seeks is if the OS is stable, runs perfectly fine on system and that things show up when they should. And not really about: transparency on title bar, Windows Vista icons still present, etc. And bugs that only affect a small fraction of users which can be fixed via Windows Updates.

As a software developer myself, I can assure you, you are never done with ones software, you can also do more. The problem, and this is always a big problem: where do you draw the line?

You are 100% correct, and I think that people who expect any software to be bug free (especially complex things like operating systems and AAA games) is crazy. That said, it would be nice to get Windows 10 on the advertised date...

I hope so too. That thing is horrendous.

Guys. It's like instant access to por... I mean bing.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I really hope we can turn off this search bar.

hope you want to get to things like %appdata% unless you want to go to search it in file explorer 

Everyone for themselves.. I think it is convenient.

me too. With win7, when i opened the start menu, unless the item was pinned, i would just search for it (easier than clicking all programs and looking for whatever it is you're looking for). So the search bar at the bottom saves me having to open the start menu, hell, i've rarely even used the start menu in windows 10.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Nice, it's shaping up quite good :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'm installing it when my 980ti arrives (hopefully this week)

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

LOOOOOL windows 10 is extremely unstable and buggy and they sign off this thursday, dont know what to say, can MS products get any shittier?

Should i mention they did not provide any Aero? but they hinted they might realease one? and it was the most requested features ever? just lame..

*psst* Right click on taskbar and click on search

For those of you wondering how to disable the search bar, right click the taskbar and then under the Cortana submenu, you can make it either a button or hide it completely.

LOOOOOL windows 10 is extremely unstable and buggy and they sign off this thursday, dont know what to say, can MS products get any shittier?

Should i mention they did not provide any Aero? but they hinted they might realease one? and it was the most requested features ever? just lame..

Buggy? Unstable? How?

Ummmm... I've had 0 problems with W10 preview after having it for a week?.. Like, 0 crashes or freezes AT ALL

Windows 10 Preview Build 10162 is working great for me! I've only had one BSOD and that was due to me needing to update my IGPU of my i7.

I plan on remaining with the Insider program for awhile unless I start having a lot of issues that I get tired of having to deal with. So far, so good! Fingers, legs and eyes all crossed! D'OH!

There's already a build 10176, it's probably the RTM

Is it divisible by 16? No? Then it's not RTM.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

@deviant88 this was a good b8 but I am not biting, although I guess this response in itself is still giving you some of the attention you're looking for.

Is it divisible by 16? No? Then it's not RTM.

It's a candidate for RTM, if they do choose it for RTM then they'll just artificially up the build number to one that is divisible by 16 and 100.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

It's a candidate for RTM, if they do choose it for RTM then they'll just artificially up the build number to one that is divisible by 16 and 100.

never understood why the number has to fill that criteria, why?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I am also interested as I never heard about that before.

I have no idea... My best guess is that its so they can easily identify internally which builds are RTM/public release just by if the build number is divisible by 16 and 100. :P

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Ummmm... I've had 0 problems with W10 preview after having it for a week?.. Like, 0 crashes or freezes AT ALL

Good joke, do you think you need freezes or BSOD to be considered unstable?

Build 10159-10162 has audio broken and problems on some realtek and Asus audio cards, both my cards dont work anymore yet they worked a couple builds ago with same drivers.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/62085-Windows-10-Build-10159-Realtek-Sound-Problems

-I couldnt completely kill Cortana without getting errors, intrusive bullshit feature much?

-Some of the new modern control panel tabs still dont work properly, or close(crash?) sometimes.

-They still didnt fully integrate all old control panel like personalization and such into the new modern design, confusion much?

-The icons still suck are they really going to leave those as final? lmao, MS has gotten really low.

-No Aero, start menu transparency =/= aero, the rest of the windows looks pathetic with eye burning white everywhere, no dark theme explorer.

I dont think they fixed most issues in 10176, if thats a release candidate id be damned, no wonder they give it for free, they barely worked on it.

Build 10159-10162 has audio broken and problems on some realtek and Asus audio cards, both my cards dont work anymore yet they worked a couple builds ago with same drivers.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/62085-Windows-10-Build-10159-Realtek-Sound-Problems

-I couldnt completely kill Cortana without getting errors, intrusive bullshit feature much?

-Some of the new modern control panel tabs still dont work properly, or close(crash?) sometimes.

-They still didnt fully integrate all old control panel like personalization and such into the new modern design, confusion much?

-The icons still suck are they really going to leave those as final? lmao, MS has gotten really low.

-No Aero, start menu transparency =/= aero, the rest of the windows looks pathetic with eye burning white everywhere, no dark theme explorer.

I dont think they fixed most issues in 10176, if thats a release candidate id be damned, no wonder they give it for free, they barely worked on it.

-It is not Microsoft's responsibility to develop Realtek's drivers for them. Are Realtek's drivers certified for Windows 10? They will probably have those Windows 10 drivers ready when Windows 10 releases.

-Which ones? The builds you are using are still pre-release so of course not everything is going to be perfect. But between two builds last week (which had 1 week of dev time between them) they fixed 300 bugs. Which means in 5 business days more or less they fixed 300 bugs, so they are still capable of fixing many more things before release. In fact the builds we have right now are not representative of where they actually are today in development. Even build 10162 is weeks old from a development standpoint (it takes 1-2 days to compile a build, then at least 1 week minimum of internal testing, then they take time to evaluate if they even want to release the build to Insiders or not).

-Personalization is in the modern Settings app. What personalization settings are you referring to that are not? (This also has nothing to do with stability or bugs.)

-Your opinion on icons have nothing to do with stability or bugs.

-Your opinion about Aero has nothing to do with stability or bugs. By the way, they are not going to carbon-copy Windows 7 Aero into Windows 10. Not happening. Period.

-Nobody outside of Microsoft, certainly not you, knows what the state of stability/bugs is in build 10176.

Lastly, no software made by any person or any company ever has nor ever will ship without bugs. Especially not software on the scale and complexity as an operating system.

All aboard the rumor train.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You and me both, brother

Yes. It's possible. You can select whether you want the full search box, only a search icon or hide it completely.

I'll just put this here...

post-8505-0-34135300-1436226482.jpg

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

OK so there is not much to say about this other than see for yourself.

On the Wzor web page there are new screen shots from newest Windows 10 version and one screen is from Calendar application and there is date for RTM Windows 10 version relase. (RTM sands for Relase to Manufacturing).

Source: http://wzascok.livejournal.com/45370.html

Screen:

<snip>

I doubt that Microsof will make Windows 10 fully available in Thursday but there may be copies appearing on the internet. So far I think it will still be relased 29. July 2015 as was said before.

I like how the original poster of the picture (not the op on this forum) managed to leave in the confidentiality clause shown on the screen when he/she put this out. LOL

Moron.... :rolleyes:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I've not had a single issue

Same here! i made a few feedback commentso it hopefully they listen,  when on an extended monitor there inst a search bar but a little symbol. if you could use the symbol on both the primary and extended display it would be fine. 

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

I've not had a single issue

same here, been using it for a while now, though im on the slow release and so still running 10130.

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!