[APU Based] Gaming PC in Xbox 360 Case

Buckley

Hey guys about a year ago I planned on making an APU based gaming PC inside one of my old Xbox 360 cases (Phat). Long story short, it never happened.... until now, though this is going to be my main rig since I sold mine awhile back.

I do apologize, I started taking pictures after I started.

Here is the part list ;

AMD 7870k

Gigabyte A88X Wifi (Mini-ITX)

8GB (4x2) EVGA 2400Mhz RAM

XFX BEFX 850w 80+ Gold PSU (external)

Phat Xbox 360 case (White)

Corsair H90

120GB San Disk SSD

1TB HDD

Pretty sure that's it. Now for my progress so far (7/6/15 (July))

Basically I started off by cutting out the fan grill on the cage of the Xbox with a dremel according to the rear I/O plate. Thankfully, when I stuck the plate in the cutout, it snapped into place. (VERY LUCKY ABOUT THAT and I didn't plan on that happening)

vfpF8QY.jpg

Then I place the motherboard in the chassis and marked where I was going to drill a hole for the 2 screws to hold the motherboard in place. (Already had 1 screw in place)

i3RVzZu.jpg

J6aPuSD.jpg

Now that everything was in place, I powered it up and....

BANG

4HnAHpf.jpg

I know you can't see the screen but it works, considering I'm posting on here with it :D

To be continued tomorrow :) Till then.

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Reserved

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Reserved

Reserved

Reserved

same

Reserved

didnt have to say it twice

Reserved

dafuq dude lmao

"release your inner doge"

-doge 2069