AMD FX vs Intel for gaming - 2015 Edition

you forgot to mention that just about everyone there is reaaaaaaaaally young..... saw a build once with x99 that could ran anything and over 5k for an 8 year old that played minecraft......

These people are everywhere. A close friend of mine has a 4930K and 780 SLI, and all he does is play LoL, CS:GO and Osu

"Rawr XD"

im sorry but what......

be ready to cringe
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/JCWXsY

Not bad. not bad

WAIT HE WATERCOOLED IT WTF

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

These people are everywhere. A close friend of mine has a 4930K and 780 SLI, and all he does is play LoL, CS:GO and Osu

have one of those too... has dual 970 hof for osu and LoL ..... they make me cry

I can see that as a nice looking showcase HTPC but like huh

htpc..... I see razer peripherals and a ultrawide..... either low usage games or movie theater type build?

Gotta retest with DX12!

Nope. Not at all. DX12 won't be magically added to old popular games like Diablo 3, SC2, or WoW. Not to mention emulators and tons of other games that just aren't programmed to distribute a large CPU load.

im sorry but what......

be ready to cringe
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/JCWXsY

What kind of horrid things were inflicted upon you in your childhood to turn you into the type of person who would willingly link things like this to people.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Yeah, i regret my FX-6300

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

What kind of horrid things were inflicted upon you in your childhood to turn you into the type of person who would willingly link things like this to people.

lmfao thats not a bad one you really want to see a horrible one, let me go find the water cooled celeron brb

:( I don't

:( I don't

mine is running at 62 degrees right now, idlle.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm at 40 idle on my Phenom II X6 on a Hyper 212 Plus.... I think you're doing something wrong

"Rawr XD"

the hell.... mine never goes past 30 in idle and that was when I had a stock cooler on....

I'm at 40 idle on my Phenom II X6 on a Hyper 212 Plus.... I think you're doing something wrong

stock cooler.

the hell.... mine never goes past 30 in idle and that was when I had a stock cooler on....

IDK...

stock cooler.

iirc FX6 come with the aluminum ones without heatpipes right?

"Rawr XD"

iirc FX6 come with the aluminum ones without heatpipes right?

right

right

Yeah those coolers were made for TDPs of around 95W MAX, not the 125W of the FX6... kind of a bitchmove on behalf of AMD to be brutally honest. They should have included the epic cooler from the FX8 (and Phenom II X6), which although were loud, actually gave pretty damn decent temps.

"Rawr XD"

i dont, runs great, oc's like a boss and pairs perfectly with my 280x

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

your heatsink is not seated right, your fan isnt working properly or you mis-applied the thermal paste...at load with 4.5ghz mine is sitting at 53C atm

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

stock cooler.

IDK...

when was the last time you replaced the thermal paste and what cooler are you using?

when was the last time you replaced the thermal paste and what cooler are you using?

like 1 month ago or less.

Stock AMD cooler

Yeah those coolers were made for TDPs of around 95W MAX, not the 125W of the FX6... kind of a bitchmove on behalf of AMD to be brutally honest. They should have included the epic cooler from the FX8 (and Phenom II X6), which although were loud, actually gave pretty damn decent temps.

i thought fx6300 is a 95w chip...i am confused, considering it  says 95w

— Grumpy old man