Notebook display doesn't turn on

eshbop

Hey all, I tried turning my notebook on today only to be met with a blank screen. There's no post or anything, it doesn't look like it's being powered at all. Only the other day is was fine. Anyone got any idea on what might be causing the issue? I've hooked it up to my desktop monitor to check if was only sending a signal out over VGA but that returned no result. As far as I know I've change no setting that would be causing this. I couldn't of buggered something up when I opened it the other day to check what RAM it had in it could I (though I'm pretty sure it was fine right after doing this)?

It just seems the monitor isn't getting any power to it, like maybe a cable has become unseated. I just don't know how that would of happened though.

Cheers.

Test without battery, just using power connector. Can you hear/see that its running? Could be that gpu/mobo has broken or overheated. My older laptop died that way. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah I've tried that. The laptop heats up after it's been left on a while, which you'd think indicates it's working.

Okay this is really strange. I just tried turning on another notebook and it's doing the same thing. It's uses a different power brick as well. So confused right now.