My question to Gay People

ANewFace

Ok this is a question I have for gay people. This is a theory I have and I would like to test. I am not hating on gay people at all, if you want to be gay that's fine I'm not hating on you or anything, even though I don't necessarily like it, I'm not hating on you, just don't make me a dirt bag for not liking it.

Anyway on to my question. How was your childhood? Were you abused? Physically? or sexually? Did you come from a divorced family? Did you come from a family were a parent died? Did you have a addict parent? Addicted to drugs or alcohol? Let me know what your childhood was like.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Ok this is a question I have for gay people. This is a theory I have and I would like to test. I am not hating on gay people at all, if you want to be gay that's fine I'm not hating on you or anything, even though I don't necessarily like it, I'm not hating on you, just don't make me a dirt bag for not liking it.

Anyway on to my question. How was your childhood? Were you abused? Physically? or sexually? Did you come from a divorced family? Did you come from a family were a parent died? Did you have a addict parent? Addicted to drugs or alcohol? Let me know what your childhood was like.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/337898-lgbt-community/

Read through this for mine, its been a rough life for for over 10 years, as well as a number of other things i've had happen to me. Buts its not why my sexual orientation is what it is, its not really a choice to a point, its more of something programmed in you and you eventually find it out.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I feel like the assumption is that people are gay because they had a horrible childhood in some way or that they did drugs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/337898-lgbt-community/

Read through this for mine, its been a rough life for for over 10 years, as well as a number of other things i've had happen to me. Buts its not why my sexual orientation is what it is, its not really a choice to a point, its more of something programmed in you and you eventually find it out.

Now you see I disagree, I know 3 gay people, and every one was abused as a kid, and they all said it had nothing to do with their childhood, they were born that way, but I find that coincidence to strong. If you were a girl and were raped by your dad as a kid, it may mentally scar your mind as a kind and turn you off from the male sex, so you would be attracted to girls.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

A shift in sexuality does not occur from childhood trauma. The end

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Now you see I disagree, I know 3 gay people, and every one was abused as a kid, and they all said it had nothing to do with their childhood, they were born that way, but I find that coincidence to strong. If you were a girl and were raped by your dad as a kid, it may mentally scar your mind as a kind and turn you off from the male sex, so you would be attracted to girls.

Thats why I said to a point....

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

A shift in sexuality does not occur from childhood trauma. The end

You don't know that though

And I was totally right.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Bisexual

Fantastic childhood

Has a friend that is a lesbian

Good childhood there too.

Your move.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Bisexual

Fantastic childhood

Has a friend that is a lesbian

Good childhood there too.

Your move.

Also want to point out that this might not be true in 100% of cases, I think it might apply to some

I know 3 gay people, and every one was abused as a kid, and they all said it had nothing to do with their childhood, they were born that way, but I find that coincidence to strong.

You need to take a statistics course. That is hardly a strong coincidence. Use some logic. Look at it the other way. There are plenty of people with such background as you stated that are not gay - if it was in any way even a mild predictor or has an influence there would be many more people that are gay who are not. People who usually have to state so many times that they aren't hating on people, are in fact hating on them. 

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

I think this would fall under correlation doesn't imply causation and anecdotal evidence.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Also want to point out that this might not be true in 100% of cases, I think it might apply to some

And i still stand by my statement that childhood trauma does not cause a shift in sexuality.

Well, to some extent, most people sit somewhere in between on the sexuality spectrum. Sexuality is made up from so many more influences than one childhood experience.

To make a statement with such a tiny data pool, and with so many exceptions in clear sight, I don't think the theory holds.

Sorry bud.

See this.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I know 3 girls from Spain. They all eat toast. If you eat toast you must be Spanish. Or maybe all girls eat toast. Or maybe everyone from Spain eats toast..... NOT

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

IDGAF what orientation/sex you are, so long as you don't try to get in my pants (females excluded). Females hopping in my pants are okay.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Starting with an assumption and then working backwards to find data that conforms to what you expect is not how any credible hypothesis is formed. Ever.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

the 2 homosexual friends I have had wonderful childhoods from very close knit homes. I remember one time I was over at my buddies place and somehow things turned into talk about Garbage pail kids and his dad took me to show off his complete collections of those weird cards. while leafing through those binders I accidentally opened up a pile of binders of love notes and such between him and his wife. I'd call that an overly stable family to grow up in.

How was your childhood?

Pretty good parental wise. Had issues with my brother being a delinquent but he shaped up once we switched states. Had some issues with neighborhood kids being as trustworthy as China.

Were you abused? Physically? or sexually?

I wish.

Did you come from a divorced family?

Nope.

Did you come from a family were a parent died? Did you have a addict parent? Addicted to drugs or alcohol?

Nope.

Let me know what your childhood was like.

Pretty normal up until I stopped trying to be a normie and embraced my love of MMO's and shit at about age 10. The only real outlier factor in my childhood that might even matter was a consistent issue with female friendships that's slowly started to repair (just a little) since entering university.

Hope my concise shit helps, I can expand on it if you want.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I'm not gay myself, but I have gay friends and they've never been abused or anything like that. They all turned out to be great individuals, probably better than some heterosexuals that I know.

This is stereotyping people I think ... Not everyone is the same ... Every gay or normal people have some good , some bad childhood ... You just don't stereotype it like Superhereos who have death relatives that changed them ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

You are born gay, you don't choose to be gay.

Humans are not the only animals to show homosexual behavior.

Nobody turns out to be gay because they were abused or some childhood trauma.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Personally I have no idea why people are gay so I can't seem to side with either. All I do know is I feel my childhood might have played a role in forming my sexuality but at the same time it might have just make me come to my senses faster. I was never abused, raped, etc I've just grown up around every type of people you can think of. Who knows but the fact that more people are able to be open about there sexuality nowadays is quite amazing and personally one of the only things I really like about my generation....

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City