Need new Headphones/Headset and amp/dac

DanKepke

Ich searched for the mad dogs yesterday a day couldn't find anything related to Mr. speakers in Switzerland :(

How well would a t70p+e10k work? It's currently on sale for 350 bucks(500 before).

The e10k is a decent amp/dac, and in my opinion, it's worth the money. as far as the t70p, I really don't have much experience with beyer headphones, so I can neither speak for, nor against them. I'm sure that if you think or know that you like the sound of the T70p, you will not be disappointed. Beyerdynamic makes very high quality headphones, so the build won't really be an issue. I think that would be great for you!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Thanks for the answer. So if I don't find a magical way to silence my AC (while it's running) my only good option are the t70p, who are on sale (150 bucks!) maybe a sign?

The a900x look good to but they are expensive and that wing stuff seams to be weak.

Now a question to the ear cushions of the t70p: can I replace them if needed? I mean like using thicker pads for more space or replacement when I sweat like a pig.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Thanks for the answer. So if I don't find a magical way to silence my AC (while it's running) my only good option are the t70p, who are on sale (150 bucks!) maybe a sign?

The a900x look good to but they are expensive and that wing stuff seams to be weak.

Now a question to the ear cushions of the t70p: can I replace them if needed? I mean like using thicker pads for more space or replacement when I sweat like a pig.

The T70p seems very hit and miss with people. Personally, I think the Tesla lineup from Beyerdynamic (of which the T70p is part) is dumb and overpriced. I guess it's worth a try if it's only $150 (which seems weird...) but I would go for something safer like a DT770 if you can.

Well, they cost 350 instead of 500 (150 cheaper).

I can't really find a review where someone put the 770 pro vs the t70p and explained my why the dt770 pro will be better for me. I'm sure the 770pro are better than anything I own but you know...

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

I can't really find a review where someone put the 770 pro vs the t70p and explained my why the dt770 pro will be better for me. I'm sure the 770pro are better than anything I own but you know...

It's mostly because of the model, the 770 is sort of known as tried and trusted and there's not much about the t70p.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Like I said, the T70p has a singular sound signature; you may like it, or you may not. If you're willing to risk your money, you could end up really liking it. It is easier to recommend the DT770 because it is both cheaper and more universally liked.

At some point, I kinda want to recommend the Beyerdynamic DT 150.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

gallery_40059_1318_21885.gif

Alright... I'm gonna stick my neck out and recommend the Beyerdynamic DT 150. Its an oldschool broadcasting headphone (by design and intent, thats what I was told by a Beyerdynamic representative) that isn't bass heavy, pretty much in favor of vocals, warm-sounding, and wearing it in public would probably make people think you work as a camera man or editing guy for the news. I used them for a day (my friend lent me his pair while) and I was mistaken as an employee for the news. But oh well, glad it wasn't built with a mic.

Anyways, back to sound quality. Its actually really good. Its pretty much an example that headphones can and could be massive investments. I mean, these headphones were most likely in the 60s, 70s, or 80s, and still in production.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I use open headphones with a very cheap and very noisy window A/C unit without much issue. As long as the breeze isn't blowing into the headphones themselves you should be mostly good. Yes, during quieter movies/songs the A/C can be a slight annoyance,. Overall I've been more happy with open headphones than closed during general use, and I think most audiopeels here agree.

In my place, I got neighbors who play LOUD ASS LIL WAYNE MUSIC from time to time. If not LiL Wayne, its 2 Chainz music... Some of them even do random stuff that just makes open-back headphones useless. I'd rather hear myself taking farting and taking a shit while listening to music. Atleast I don't hear LiL Wayne rappin while I'm listening to some of my music. Like... FUCK.

I hope you understand what I mean. I'm just a simply shift worker who can call the g930 Headset his best audio experience.

If I had all my headphone experience, without having ever purchased any of the ones I've owned, and stuck with my current income (similar shift work), I wouldn't spend over a hundred bucks on a pair of headphones.

Yea, I said it, expensive headphones are bullshit. Great sounding headphones are available to us poor people too! 

In my place, I got neighbors who play LOUD ASS LIL WAYNE MUSIC from time to time. If not LiL Wayne, its 2 Chainz music... Some of them even do random stuff that just makes open-back headphones useless. I'd rather hear myself taking farting and taking a shit while listening to music. Atleast I don't hear LiL Wayne rappin while I'm listening to some of my music. Like... FUCK.

Fair point, but rap music is a little harder to block out than constant drones like A/C units.  :rolleyes:

Fair point, but rap music is a little harder to block out than constant drones like A/C units.  :rolleyes:

Thats why I stick to closed-back headphones. Even if its just a measly 1% noise decrease, atleast I'll hear 1% less of Lil Wayne. Plus we got these things called "Jeeps" that serve as "mini-buses" that pass by for passengers... yeah, they are long enough to hold like 20-30 people (cramped) and thats not even counting the one who drives one. The noise they make is AGONIZINGLY LOUD. No way will I spend on sound-proofing foam just to enjoy open-backs since I'm just renting (the owner has it in her contract that I don't paint, tape, glue, or even punch a hole on the walls even for a painting) and its gonna be a few months till I can finally move out and hopefully that'll let me appreciate open-backs again.

I kind of forgot the biggest noise maker we have her. My home is in between two churches and they are stupid loud. Even with Windows closed, covers closed and my foam on the wall, my buddy can hear them through Skype...

I will look later on the dt770 pro, which have 3 öhm versions to my surprise.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Well,next Monday I'm going to decide on a pair of headphones. I was sure that the t70p would be the ones but there was some talk about super good cans cared Shure SRH 1540.

They are really expensive but they seem to be the king of the hill. Does someone have them and are they worth the 200chf+ compared to the t70p?

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Well,next Monday I'm going to decide on a pair of headphones. I was sure that the t70p would be the ones but there was some talk about super good cans cared Shure SRH 1540.

They are really expensive but they seem to be the king of the hill. Does someone have them and are they worth the 200chf+ compared to the t70p?

I've tried SRH1540 and the only thing i can tell you is that hope you'll never listen to Mr.speakers alpha prime

I've tried SRH1540 and the only thing i can tell you is that hope you'll never listen to Mr.speakers alpha prime

The Alpha Prime just eats the 1540 alive. I got to try one a few months ago and I asked my friend where he bought his. He had a vacation in the US... that broke my heart a bit since no way in hell will I deal with that unwritten 200% handling tax fee shit when our customs/import department decides to put that shit in the post office.

The Alpha Prime just eats the 1540 alive. I got to try one a few months ago and I asked my friend where he bought his. He had a vacation in the US... that broke my heart a bit since no way in hell will I deal with that unwritten 200% handling tax fee shit when our customs/import department decides to put that shit in the post office.

couldn't you have someone over here buy them for you and then mail them to you as a gift?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

couldn't you have someone over here buy them for you and then mail them to you as a gift?

Tried that with my cousin who went to the US to buy me a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. Its been 5 months since he came back, he's used it on LAN parties, modified it, done lots of stuff on it, and gave it back to me with a fucked up front panel, completely destroyed PSU shroud, and HDD caddies destroyed. I also had my other cousin buy me another one... they forgot to buy one. I can't even trust family over a fucking PC case, what more with a pair of headphones? Before you bring up friends... don't ask about that. Its a bit complicated to explain that shit.

Oh, and I forgot, even if they do mail it to me as a gift, there also comes a time that the customs even puts it on hold to determine the value of whats inside the package and then puts it in the post office... which we get a 200% handling tax fee if we want it.

If I had the time (money isn't that much of a problem, but I'm not rich by any means), I would've flown there myself and pay for an extra on luggage fees rather than pay fucking taxes that ridiculously high. Yes, I still want an Enthoo Luxe, and yeah I want those Alpha Dogs or Prime. But since the LCD-XC is here and the Dogs or Primes are bound to cost as much as the XC due to bullshit taxes, the XC is a no brainer.

Tried that with my cousin who went to the US to buy me a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe. Its been 5 months since he came back, he's used it on LAN parties, modified it, done lots of stuff on it, and gave it back to me with a fucked up front panel, completely destroyed PSU shroud, and HDD caddies destroyed. I also had my other cousin buy me another one... they forgot to buy one. I can't even trust family over a fucking PC case, what more with a pair of headphones? Before you bring up friends... don't ask about that. Its a bit complicated to explain that shit.

Oh, and I forgot, even if they do mail it to me as a gift, there also comes a time that the customs even puts it on hold to determine the value of whats inside the package and then puts it in the post office... which we get a 200% handling tax fee.

that sucks.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

that sucks.

Fuck this country. I thought that tax was only on fucking cars, didn't know it also fuckin' applies to anything thats imported or even sent as mail from overseas when the customs decides that they need more money to milk out and put our stuff on hostage.

Welcome to the Philipines where its a fuckin' Protective Monopoly... I'd rather have a capitalist economy than this shit. Yeah, buy only what we offer you. We only take special orders when our supplier thinks its appropriate. Did you know that the demand for the Enthoo Pro and Luxe here is actually high enough to be considered a really good profit? The stores and suppliers here don't want to order those things because they can't sell the other Corsair, NZXT, and Fractal cases. Wow... what a dick. 

Same with headphones too... fuck this.

snip

That's rough

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Fuck this country. I thought that tax was only on fucking cars, didn't know it also fuckin' applies to anything thats imported or even sent as mail from overseas when the customs decides that they need more money to milk out and put our stuff on hostage.

Welcome to the Philipines where its a fuckin' Protective Monopoly... I'd rather have a capitalist economy than this shit. Yeah, buy only what we offer you. We only take special orders when our supplier thinks its appropriate. Did you know that the demand for the Enthoo Pro and Luxe here is actually high enough to be considered a really good profit? The stores and suppliers here don't want to order those things because they can't sell the other Corsair, NZXT, and Fractal cases. Wow... what a dick. 

Same with headphones too... fuck this.

Well, just go to singapore, it'll be more expensive compared to US but i'm pretty sure it won't be as terrible as PH. I just went to Adelphi mall and got to try UERM, HD25 and AE 2 and 5+

Well, just go to singapore, it'll be more expensive compared to US but i'm pretty sure it won't be as terrible as PH. I just went to Adelphi mall and got to try UERM, HD25 and AE 2 and 5+

I actually don't mind paying an extra 1-30% more compared to its MSRP in other countries, be it Singapore, Hong Kong, US, Canada, etc... I'm actually thinking of taking a month or a week off to go to Hong Kong or Singapore to buy Alpha Primes, a Fostex TH600RP or 900RP, or whatever headphone steals my heart.

Man... Seems some people have as worse family me as I do. I have a brother in the US, which would probably buy me beats cuz everyone has them and I probably didn't know I wanted them. ;I

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Man... Seems some people have as worse family me as I do. I have a brother in the US, which would probably buy me beats cuz everyone has them and I probably didn't know I wanted them. ;I

Tell him beats suck and to never buy you any