WD40?

The amount of lubrication as an oil that WD-40 provides is a joke. It's main (and only useful) purpose is to displace water (WD) and break down crap. It's sortve a jack of all trades as a poor lubricant and poor penatrating oil. It's good when it comes to rust removal/protection because it displaces water. It's a water displacer and the amount of lubrication it provides is laughable

it does lubricate a lot though

have you ever used it?

spray it on something and you're going to see how oily and slippery it gets

really nasty since it stays for years collecting all kinds of dirt

this is not the right tool for the job

for something like this you should use an electric motor cleaner which is specifically made to evaporate instantly after applpication

leaving no sticky residue behind for dirt to stick to

now THAT is a cleaner and not an oil

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You can use it to lubricate fan motors.

I wouldn't advise that as WD-40's lubricant abilities aren't designed for long sustained friction control under heat.  It evaporates rather quickly.

I like to use gun oil or grease in my fan motors.  

Im wondering how useful is WD40 is in the computer world, if per say you have a spillage of your drink and its all over your components

I am asking this because i used it on my motherboard, GPU, Computer case and ram to clean off a coke spill

If that's all you have then it can work to get the spill up, but i would advise going back over the area with isopropyl alcohol to clean off the WD-40 and any spill residue.

WD-40 leaves a residue that is likely going to cause more harm than good over the life of your components.  Alcohol evaporates quickly leaving very little behind.