Corsair CX430w enough?

ok so i have a pentium g3258 and am planning to put a gigabyte 4gb gtx 960 windforce with it. will a cx 430 do the trick?, and will i be able to upgrade to a quad core later on to get rid of that Gpu bottleneck? help please

yes, but that is a shiitty psu :P. Probably good enough

Your average power consumption is going to be under 300 watts, 250-350(max)

I would go with a 550W just for surety. XFX makes a good unit. If you're going to stick with a little watt unit I would recommend an EVGA 430W over the Corsair.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

I would go with a 550W just for surety. XFX makes a good unit. If you're going to stick with a little watt unit I would recommend an EVGA 430W over the Corsair.

Not all of the low end EVGA is good. Lets find him one

I would get this one: Fractal Design Edison M 450W

Sorry, this is a better choice: XFX TS 550G-TS3X 550W

You are fine with your current power supply.

thanks! but would that 430w manage to do the quad core with the gtx 960 as a future upgrade?

The FD is nice but pricey. The EVGA is only $50 vs $65 for the Corsair and $110 for the FD. The EVGA is a HEC unit, the Corsair a CWT (of course!) and the Fractal a Seasonic. The biggest deal is that the EVGA isn't modular vs semi mod for the other two. Pays your money, takes your choice!

For those putting up those wattage figures remember he's going to overclock the piss out of the chip. That's what it's there for but normal draw does not apply and you have to take that into account. 550W gives you just that little overhead that's reassuring.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

I have a CX600m, this is enough watts, but it won't be too much enough if you plan on much upgrades. Also, this shouldn't be in trouble shooting :/

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.