IPhone 6S leaks (identical design-wise, most changes are inside)

Nineshadow

People who buy iPhones every single time one comes out are morons.

I went from 1st original Iphone to 4s and will upgrade to 6s plus when it comes out.  I usually upgrade for the long haul.

Expressing and forcing my opinion is quite a difference.

You're "warning" people that don't agree with your opinion. That's pretty forceful if you ask me. 

I'm in no way surprised.

It's an "S" model, meaning that it's the same phone outside, but with internal hardware changes.

I'm interested in the "Force Touch" tech. Tested it on a 2015 MacBook and I was actually impressed at how it felt like a traditional trackpad even though the trackpad itself didn't move.

I'll likely play with it for some time for my personal review, but I'm not getting one as my daily. I'm extremely satisfied with my LG G4.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

so this totally could be just a 6 and we'd have no idea.

Nope it's 100% not just a 6 aha, even though the outside is pretty much exactly the same, the whole logic board size is reduced so there is now room for potentially a larger battery, also there are some internal design changes not just on the logic board but on the metal too with screw points and mounting points, and the issue that was causing bend at the weak spot near the lower volume button seems to be addressed as that part had a design change too, there was a noticeable screw on the 6 and 6 Plus that isn't there on these leaks o:  

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

People prioritize speed in different ways.

"You are willing to buy an entirely new SSD only to save maybe 5 or 10 seconds when booting? Are you out of your fucking mind? (No offence) Do you not realize how ridiculous that statement is? Oh well nvm to each his own"

Clever... :/ Next time you wanna be a smartass maybe use an example that actually works... cmon

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Lol, get off your high horse and at least try to have a decent argument here.

I can make some easy shots towards Apple fans, but I wont because I have decency. 

lol pot kettle and black spring to mind.....the simple truth is your just the same as the apple fanboys only you blindly hate instead of blindly love......tell you what, come up with FACTS that support your apple is the devil theory and we can talk....untill then..............

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

lol the hate is strong in this one.  apple continue to innovate. apple pay anyone. oh as for retna i give you \/\/\/\/\/\/

I don't hate apple, I hate the cult that is their fanclub.

It's too late for this planet. Enjoy a new phone every year.

nah. We do have limited amounts of cobalt though. When that runs out we'll need to make phones that are as big as a 2L bottle. They're slowly training us for that, too, by making phones bigger every year.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

yes, because wasting stuff is what we do ! and we do it well!

Exactly, buying a new phone every year wastes enormous amounts of resources. Spend a little time reading the iFixit ethos and you'll realise what a bad person you are.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

People who buy iPhones every single time one comes out are morons.

2-yr subsidy & craigslist resale value comrade

lol pot kettle and black spring to mind.....the simple truth is your just the same as the apple fanboys only you blindly hate instead of blindly love......tell you what, come up with FACTS that support your apple is the devil theory and we can talk....untill then..............

I don't blindly hate, if they make good stuff, it's good. If it's shit and always the same thing, I hate it.

Sure, I can tell you a lot of reasons why I dislike Apple (their OS', reskinning hardware and fanboys), but you wouldn't be interested in it because you would shove it away and say "Well that's like your opinion man, I luv it<333333". So I wont even bother.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On a side note: I never buy Apple products, but if I would, I'd prefer buying the 'S' versions than the normal ones.

The S version is always the one who fixes the problem with the previous version:

iPhone 4: Antennagate

iPhone 5: Scuffgate

iPhone 6: Bendgate

And the iPhone 6 brings some real improvements: ForceTouch, 14nm chip, improved camera and fingers crossed we might finally get 2 gigs of RAM.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Jesus...

What a shit storm, and all caused by a possibly fake shell.

You can't say shit based on it, only that it looks a lot like an iPhone 6.

Well I'm sure if you were to look at the design of the iPhone 4 and 5 you'd also say that they look quite a like.

But specs wise they might be worlds apart.

The iPhone6 design isn't that bad so no need to change that.

The specs are though and you cannot say that they aren't changing those based on these picks.

And design wise, if you wish to make a comparison, I don't hear too many complaining that the GTX Titan and the GTX980 ti have virtually the same reference cooler.... Why? 1. the design is good 2. the specs are way different.

The stupid in this thread is hurting me.

Also, the iPhone 6 was hardly "the bleeding edge of tech" at all, specs were normal and software was decent. No major changes. Now the 6s could be, with that force touch, innovating at least a bit. Other than that I've hardly seen any reason for any one to call it "the bleeding edge". 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I don't blindly hate, if they make good stuff, it's good. If it's shit and always the same thing, I hate it.

Sure, I can tell you a lot of reasons why I dislike Apple (their OS', reskinning hardware and fanboys), but you wouldn't be interested in it because you would shove it away and say "Well that's like your opinion man, I luv it<333333". So I wont even bother.

ios is genius its simple,  it stays out of the way and just works....people bang on about customisation this and 3rd party apps that but really it would be much better if the vanilla apps work properly first time. its far smoother than android rarely hangs or crashes unlike android. the app store is a mile, and i mean mile better than android....it just works.

osx is ok but it need some more adjustments some of the simplest things to do in windows are a ball ache in mac and that will always be its let down.

reskining hardware ......are you shitting me....Samsung AMD nvidia HTC....that list is a mile long

fanboys....again nvidia AMD Samsung android.....there all the fucking same, 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

ios is genius its simple,  it stays out of the way and just works....people bang on about customisation this and 3rd party apps that but really it would be much better if the vanilla apps work properly first time. its far smoother than android rarely hangs or crashes unlike android. the app store is a mile, and i mean mile better than android....it just works.

osx is ok but it need some more adjustments some of the simplest things to do in windows are a ball ache in mac and that will always be its let down.

reskining hardware ......are you shitting me....Samsung AMD nvidia HTC....that list is a mile long

fanboys....again nvidia AMD Samsung android.....there all the fucking same, 

- your opinion. I hate iOS because it treats you like a dummy who is not allowed to do anything. But hey, if you like it..

- I want to be able to change things, not only looks but also the Home app itself.. That's just not a thing with iOS.

- OSX... *throw up* same problem as with iOS but on a big screen. Just works so stupid (not saying Windows is perfect, but it has just less stupid features and mechanics)

- Not sure why you bring AMD into the mix.. That's way besides the point.. And Samsung and HTC do indeed make similar looking phones sometimes, but those really are third (or second) party for Android. Google (together with its partners) makes vastly different Nexus phones all the time. Every Nexus phone is just very different to me

- mmkay, just saying some Apple fanboys are like on the top of the ladder of most annoying fanboys. I think they are generally more annoying than Xbox or Playstation fanboys.. Worse than AMD and Nvidia combined.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

see, you might not know this but htc is dying because they don't bring anything new. Android users don't upgrade nearly as often. If you didn't know yet I can refresh your mind, S5 from Samsung was a failure, G3 from LG wasn't very well received, one m8 before camera upgrade was questionable for many people and htc is doing terribly. Sony is doing poorly too because there is no innovation. 

Phone is a tool, you don't buy a new tool unless it doesn't do what you need it to do anymore.

Yes I do know about it but my comment was mainly aimed at people just fanboying around. Who says Apple users upgrade often? I know many people who owns a 4S or a 5 waiting to upgrade when the 6S comes by. Sure there are those people who are enthusiastic about every new phone and I'm pretty sure it exists in the android world too

Jesus...

What a shit storm, and all caused by a possibly fake shell.

You can't say shit based on it, only that it looks a lot like an iPhone 6.

Well I'm sure if you were to look at the design of the iPhone 4 and 5 you'd also say that they look quite a like.

But specs wise they might be worlds apart.

The iPhone6 design isn't that bad so no need to change that.

The specs are though and you cannot say that they aren't changing those based on these picks.

And design wise, if you wish to make a comparison, I don't hear too many complaining that the GTX Titan and the GTX980 ti have virtually the same reference cooler.... Why? 1. the design is good 2. the specs are way different.

The stupid in this thread is hurting me.

Also, the iPhone 6 was hardly "the bleeding edge of tech" at all, specs were normal and software was decent. No major changes. Now the 6s could be, with that force touch, innovating at least a bit. Other than that I've hardly seen any reason for any one to call it "the bleeding edge". 

If you're going to talk about someone, quote them like a big boy instead of hiding as a random comment. 

Also, "bleeding edge of technology" was meant as having the latest and greatest, which the new version of (insert product here) would be, which is exactly what we're talking about. But even so, the iphone kills any other smartphone when it comes to fluidity and how smooth things operate. 

On a side note: I never buy Apple products, but if I would, I'd prefer buying the 'S' versions than the normal ones.

The S version is always the one who fixes the problem with the previous version:

iPhone 4: Antennagate

iPhone 5: Scuffgate

iPhone 6: Bendgate

And the iPhone 6 brings some real improvements: ForceTouch, 14nm chip, improved camera and fingers crossed we might finally get 2 gigs of RAM.

I didn't know the iPhone 5 scuffed badly. I thought the 5 wasn't involved in any scandals like the 4 and 6.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If you're going to talk about someone, quote them like a big boy instead of hiding as a random comment.

Also, "bleeding edge of technology" was meant as having the latest and greatest, which the new version of (insert product here) would be, which is exactly what we're talking about. But even so, the iphone kills any other smartphone when it comes to fluidity and how smooth things operate.

I did not specifically aim my comment at you. And I fully is disagree with your definition of the bleeding edge, but that is still irrelevant in this discussion. The bleeding edge by my definition would be the devices with the new experimental features. Such as a note Edge or a Google Glass. Not a most powerful or newest device. But you may live by your definition if you so wish.

So far though, by my definition, the 6s does not seem to be on the bleeding edge as far as exterior design goes.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I didn't know the iPhone 5 scuffed badly. I thought the 5 wasn't involved in any scandals like the 4 and 6.

Took me awhile I I remember now that the old Slate Gray on the original 5 would scuff easily. That's why Apple switched to Space Gray and hasn't looked back. Or they could be referring to the fact that the iPhone 5's aluminum chamferred edges would scuff easily due to how soft aluminum is.

From my personal experience with the iPhone 6, it doesn't need cutting-edge hardware.

It just works well together. iOS doesn't need much to run well and the entire hardware and software works in sync in a much better way compared to Android, as Apple only makes the phones and doesn't make many different models, so it's easy to optimize the hardware to the software. Compare that to the plethora of Android phones with different types of hardware and OEM skins. Not to mention the camera, despite being 8MP, is actually pretty good.

And I'm not fanboying here. My daily is an LG G4, and I absolutely love it. I'm just saying that the iPhone actually performs well on less-powerful hardware, and is almost as fast as my G4. They haven't really innovated much, but if Force Touch is coming to the 6S, then I am interested. My only gripe is that iOS still doesn't really take full advantage of the larger screen real-estate of the 6 and 6 Plus. Along with the fact that it hasn't changed much since 2007. Android's customizability and features is what made me an Android user, and I still am to this day, but I do applaud the iPhone for some things it can do.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

From my personal experience with the iPhone 6, it doesn't need cutting-edge hardware.

It just works well together. iOS doesn't need much to run well and the entire hardware and software works in sync in a much better way compared to Android, as Apple only makes the phones and doesn't make many different models, so it's easy to optimize the hardware to the software. Compare that to the plethora of Android phones with different types of hardware and OEM skins. Not to mention the camera, despite being 8MP, is actually pretty good.

And I'm not fanboying here. My daily is an LG G4, and I absolutely love it. I'm just saying that the iPhone actually performs well on less-powerful hardware, and is almost as fast as my G4. They haven't really innovated much, but if Force Touch is coming to the 6S, then I am interested. My only gripe is that iOS still doesn't really take full advantage of the larger screen real-estate of the 6 and 6 Plus. Along with the fact that it hasn't changed much since 2007. Android's customizability and features is what made me an Android user, and I still am to this day, but I do applaud the iPhone for some things it can do.

I agree with everything you said, but I have to disagree with the one line about iOS not changing since 2007 (when the 1st iPhone was released) I think it's fair to say that they innovated, or brought about new features at a much slower rate then they should have done, and every major update we see features that should have been there a couple years back (And the same is true for iOS 9). But as far as overall changes have gone almost nothing remains to the core the same, everything got updated one way or another. 

And while stock Android is 100% more customizable than stock iOS, it really isn't hard to jailbreak now a days, and it makes literally everything customizable, I even remember running a look a like old Android OS back in the day on my iPod Touch 4th Gen  :D

But without jailbreaking I would probably be an Android user right now, the main reason I sticked with iOS was because I could jailbreak my old iPod Touch 2nd Gen back in 2008 with redsn0w (Which back then you couldn't even copy and paste on, let alone change your background wallpaper  :()

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I just want a thicker phone with a larger and longer lasting battery. Why is that so hard? :( 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

well.. That's pretty much an iPhone 6...

INNOVATION

I suggest you look up the definition of innovation. Because every variant of the iPhone is an innovation from. The previous model. Apple hasn't invented much, but they've done alot of innovating.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

The "Retina" moniker has meaning. You don't much sharper than a retina-level resolution. The human eye literally stops being able to perceive differences after a certain pixel density. Going higher only serves to waste your battery life, regardless of your affectations toward chasing resolution.

That is completely wrong. There is a clear difference between a 300ppi screen and a 400 ppi screen.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

That is completely wrong. There is a clear difference between a 300ppi screen and a 400 ppi screen.

After 340-350 there's no difference until you take color vibrancy and brightness into account. Resolution beyond 1080p in a 5" phone is damn pointless.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd