IPhone 6S leaks (identical design-wise, most changes are inside)

Nineshadow

I think they should just abandon the "S" releases and just release an actually new phone once every two years. But yeah there are always the sheep that want a new one like every damn month...

5 to 6 is almost 2 years. I got my 5 early Freshman year. Now after junior year I just got a 6 because the speaker phone wasn't working. S models bring in the new SOC, and then the next non-S generation is other stylistic changes to form factor and what not.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

There are lots of ways to make using your phone quicker that isn't just ramming a faster processor into it, think about the whole picture

That's mainly it though.

You were comparing IPhones that came out 2 years apart, so of course it would have made sense. 2 years is the expected lifetime of a smartphone, and every 2 years you are expected to buy a new one to replace your old one.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

But we don't know that pixel density, and it will be different to everyone depending on their eyesight.

I can still notice the sharpness between my LG G3 and almost anything else out there that has a lower res screen. Sure, the difference is minor, but it's still there.

And I still have great battery life.

Actually we do. It's in the mid 300s for a 6" viewing distance for 20/20 vision. Of course if you're one of the rare 20/10, you can see more, but it's pointless to cater based on that unless that entire class of people has the money and desire for a more premium, unique experience.

I think what you notice is the different panel and color vibrancy, possibly the brightness differences as well. PPI is not everything in the standard display experience.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I don't like owing money so I've never had a cell phone. This doesn't apply to me.

That's mainly it though.

You were comparing IPhones that came out 2 years apart, so of course it would have made sense. 2 years is the expected lifetime of a smartphone, and every 2 years you are expected to buy a new one to replace your old one.

Yeah I did say at the end of the post I don't think the iPhone 6S is a big change, and I don't plan to buy one. I'm just saying people should look at other things instead of thinking the S range is always just minor cpu/camera upgrades lol

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Reread his post, and think about if what he said applies to you.

It does. I owned both immediate generations of iPhone. The intermediary releases are the el-cheapo brand and the same form factor but a faster processor. Now, if you're the kind of twit going 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, then I have no sympathies, but he made a rather broad stroke when the truth is new generations are about 2 years apart.

Yeah I did say at the end of the post I don't think the iPhone 6S is a big change, and I don't plan to buy one. I'm just saying people should look at other things instead of thinking the S range is always just minor cpu/camera upgrades lol

But...that's exactly what it is D: . New things on the inside. Are they minor changes? It's up to the consumer to decide.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

errrr touch id came on the 5s....so s models do innovate

The 5S did something. 

That means the 6S will do something too. That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It does. I owned both immediate generations of iPhone. The intermediary releases are the el-cheapo brand and the same form factor but a faster processor. Now, if you're the kind of twit going 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, then I have no sympathies, but he made a rather broad stroke when the truth is new generations are about 2 years apart.

Those are the people he's talking about. You are literally changing what his point is (and the context of the thread makes his point extremely obvious to anyone with common sense) so that you can get defensive for no reason at all. You're just using your personal definition of what he's saying, and you're saying the the "S" models aren't flagships. You're just another person here addicted to having a counterargument, even if it doesn't make any sense. You're smart enough to use context, so i know that you're doing this on purpose. You'll never admit to it though...

Yeah, but the iphone 6 is a 64bit processor, and is 14nm. It uses less power. It has touch ID. It is thin light, has a much better screen. the camera is better, there are more compatible apps. 

Did you really just post about the 64 bit processor? Seriously? There isn't a single 64bit app yet that I'm aware of and the OS isn't in 64bits. Yes they developed the processor but chances are it will be years before that matters even if they decide to program for 64 bit.

The 5S did something. 

That means the 6S will do something too. That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard..

the 3gs pushed apple to the mainstream, the 4s introduced siri and the 5s introduced touch id...but hey they all looked the same so they must be shit...why not jump on over to android nation and join the anti apple circle jerk over there.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The speed at which apps run isn't the only thing that can be improved speed wise by new generations of iPhones or other phones for that matter... 

If I compare my iPhone 6 to my old iPhone 5 (Which I did a clean install to) not only are the standard things like opening apps quicker, but I get faster wifi speeds, I unlock it 10x as fast thanks to touch ID, games that use a lot of the gpu power like MKX don't crash as much and run smoother, I even get texts through quicker ectect 

From the iPhone 6 to 6S apps will probably run the same, but the touch ID is said to get a massive improvement with speeds of unlocking being increased by 30% making scanning under 1 second now, it'll also have 2GB of ram, and force touch will make doing things a lot quicker and more responsive, like their burst still integration of force touch into the camera app.  

There are lots of ways to make using your phone quicker that isn't just ramming a faster processor into it, think about the whole picture

Not that I'm saying the iPhone 6S will be a big change, I certainly have to intention of picking one up lol

I was commenting on the speed. And yes some programs take a little longer to open but half second vs 1.5 seconds while is techinically 200% faster its negligible.

Does your 6 really take more than a second to scan your finger? Mine has always done it in under 1 second.

Back to my point I was simply commenting on how the speed of the phone wasn't worth upgrading yearly.

Also the 6 and even my sisters old 4 already has burst stills... Force touch is currently gimmicky at best.

As expected alot of insecure people bashing apple thinking that they are doing something great for the world. Well your NOT and those guys are just proving how dumb they can get.

What people don't understand is that almost every company does the same thing but only apple keeps similar name. I honestly don't understand the difference between M7, M8 & M9 other than the usual internal upgrades

In apple's case particularly the S model has always been a refinement and internal changes. The 3GS had a massive processor upgrade (that actually made a difference given how long 3GS was supported). The 4S had a way faster processor and graphics and solved some issues plaguing the 4. The 5S again jumped to a 64-bit processor and touch ID.

I expect the 6S to upgrade in terms of cameras, touch ID, force touch and battery. So YES it is pretty significant upgrade in terms of everything else other than design which fanboys just can't get it through their thick heads

It honetly doen't take a rocket scientist to figure this out yet people somehow feel like hero when spreading BS

Ok all I read was same, same, same. NOTHING new. What's the point?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

the 3gs pushed apple to the mainstream, the 4s introduced siri and the 5s introduced touch id...but hey they all looked the same so they must be shit...why not jump on over to android nation and join the anti apple circle jerk over there.

Lol, get off your high horse and at least try to have a decent argument here.

I can make some easy shots towards Apple fans, but I wont because I have decency. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

People who buy iPhones every single time one comes out are morons.

Buying any phone brand every year is stupid, espeically if all you do is play candy crush and use whatsapp (obviously not stabing at the general public)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

As expected alot of insecure people bashing apple thinking that they are doing something great for the world. Well your NOT and those guys are just proving how dumb they can get.

What people don't understand is that almost every company does the same thing but only apple keeps similar name. I honestly don't understand the difference between M7, M8 & M9 other than the usual internal upgrades

In apple's case particularly the S model has always been a refinement and internal changes. The 3GS had a massive processor upgrade (that actually made a difference given how long 3GS was supported). The 4S had a way faster processor and graphics and solved some issues plaguing the 4. The 5S again jumped to a 64-bit processor and touch ID.

I expect the 6S to upgrade in terms of cameras, touch ID, force touch and battery. So YES it is pretty significant upgrade in terms of everything else other than design which fanboys just can't get it through their thick heads

It honetly doen't take a rocket scientist to figure this out yet people somehow feel like hero when spreading BS

see, you might not know this but htc is dying because they don't bring anything new. Android users don't upgrade nearly as often. If you didn't know yet I can refresh your mind, S5 from Samsung was a failure, G3 from LG wasn't very well received, one m8 before camera upgrade was questionable for many people and htc is doing terribly. Sony is doing poorly too because there is no innovation. 

Phone is a tool, you don't buy a new tool unless it doesn't do what you need it to do anymore.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

see, you might not know this but htc is dying because they don't bring anything new. Android users don't upgrade nearly as often. If you didn't know yet I can refresh your mind, S5 from Samsung was a failure, G3 from LG wasn't very well received, one m8 before camera upgrade was questionable for many people and htc is doing terribly. Sony is doing poorly too because there is no innovation. 

Phone is a tool, you don't buy a new tool unless it doesn't do what you need it to do anymore.

It looks to me like the LG G4 wasn't well received(maybe , people still like it, but they only thing they criticized was the similarity to the old model basically) because it didn't bring anything new compared to the LG G3, it just fixed its problems.

It suprises me that no one gets the way Apple works with iPhone upgrades, they have been doing this since the 3G and 3Gs

iPhone x: new design and external&internal components

iPhone xs: improrved internals only

This helps grow the accessories market and save RD budgets

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

ngl I buy a new iPhone every 2 years on release because I'm vain and like to have the newest looking thing  :unsure:

And that's not even sarcasm, legit I waited half a year so I would get on that 2 year release cycle with the non S line because that's when they change the design even though I know most of the internal and useful additions come with the S line  :D

And I know a lot of other people do that too, it just works for apple

And although the speed increase isn't needed, going back to old devices you DO notice the change

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Care to explain why not android?

Mainly the google ecosystem. I'm not a fan of google services. The only google services that I use really is just Youtube. I don't even use google as search engine for many years now. Also too many customisation which I have no real use of and once I start dwelling into it, it just becomes frustrating to me (I have a Yoga 2 android tablet with lollipop and somehow my L925 is less laggier). I've been using WP as my first ever smartphone ever since the OS was launched and the simpleness and usability of such a light OS is what keeps me using it till today (even on old hardware). And iOS more or less has the same user experience imo. Everything just works with tight ecosystem. I'm just a simple guy who prefer simple things that works without much tinkering needed. 

"Ho , look at me, yesterday I bought myself a Nisan GTR to get the super-car thrill , but today I drove around in my friend's Bugatti and I decided to get one of them as well as it looked more professional. Only like $1 million, not that big of a deal. However, just a few hours ago I got into a Tesla Model S and ended up ordering three of them, one for myself, one for my wife and one for my son, because it is , indeed, the future of cars, and I've always wanted to live in the future.I also bought like $5 million worth of shares in Tesla because it looked like a great investment.Dunno what to do with the GTR and the Bugatti though. I guess I'll have to buy myself another garage to store them."

You have a problem with people buying what they want?

Mainly the google ecosystem. I'm not a fan of google services. The only google services that I use really is just Youtube. I don't even use google as search engine for many years now. Also too many customisation which I have no real use of and once I start dwelling into it, it just becomes frustrating to me (I have a Yoga 2 android tablet with lollipop and somehow my L925 is less laggier). I've been using WP as my first ever smartphone ever since the OS was launched and the simpleness and usability of such a light OS is what keeps me using it till today (even on old hardware). And iOS more or less has the same user experience imo. Everything just works with tight ecosystem. I'm just a simple guy who prefer simple things that works without much tinkering needed. 

you don't use google? are you even human

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

you don't use google? are you even human

Well I do have a gmail account I use just for registering my android tablet. Other than that, no google at all, not even Chrome. Been using strictly Bing only since 2012 and tbh, I don't miss Google at all. 

Well I do have a gmail account I use just for registering my android tablet. Other than that, no google at all, not even Chrome. Been using strictly Bing only since 2012 and tbh, I don't miss Google at all. 

ucrazy ;)