would you rather?

Air tree

Would you rather have a 27" 1440p monitor or a 24" 1080p ips monitor with a 512gb ssd for games, then getting a 1440p monitor later.

27inch 1440p. Games don't get a performance boost from SSD. Just in SOME games, it loads a bit quicker, but not a drastic change.

Also, assuming you really want a game on an SSD, assuming you have a 120GB SSD which is plenty of space (if you put your personal files on an HDD), you can have 3-4 games on it, depending on it's size, and still have room for Windows update, and stuff.

So in such case, move to the SSD games you are currently playing, and games that don't see any improvement keep it on the HDD, and once you finish a game, move it back from the SSD to the HDD

It depends, whats the response time and whats the monitor frequency (hz)

Let's say the PB278Q and a good 1080p ips panel (not sure what are some good ones)

1440p IPS panel. It will look much better and be more beneficial to the gaming experience than a few seconds less for loading time.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Let's say the PB278Q and a good 1080p ips panel (not sure what are some good ones)

Well I love my PB278Q, so I may be a bit biased  :lol:.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Well I love my PB278Q, so I may be a bit biased  :lol:.

i'm going to get one also i'm just wondering what other people like higher res or faster load times.