Best Gaming headset >$250 AUD

ConjuredMadness

This is Armin van Buuren, a guy who has produced music for over 20 years, 5 times winner of the DJ Mag Award.

100$ headphones that are more then 10 years old (technics rp-dh1200) :

150.000$ custom made speakers:

Oh and 10$ chair  :D

Do you know what that is called? Being modest.

Sure, and Beethoven composed on legless pianos lying on the floor with most of their strings broken. Doesn't mean we all should enjoy music that way.

You do know some people like to listen to thier content in loud volume and have neighbors

Then you should buy a 300.000$ single house if you are a audiophile. /S

And yet I game/listen music on my speakers in my apartment at 03:00AM because they are reference speakers, not hi-fi speakers.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Also do you really think those speakers are good value, here's a secret he could've made his music and win his awards with worse speakers than your krks that is conviniance

And yet I game/listen music on my speakers in my apartment at 03:00AM because they are reference speakers, not hi-fi speakers.

What does them being reference speakers have to do with what time of the night you listen to music?

Sure, and Beethoven composed on legless pianos lying on the floor with most of their strings broken. Doesn't mean we all should enjoy music that way.

You are like those console peasants that buy a 4K TV for their 720P/900P console.

If you don't have acess to high-quality non-compressed content, what's the point in being a audiophile?

Unlike me, you guys don't even seem to ever tried making music in a  DAW (digital audio workstation) program.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Also do you really think those speakers are good value, here's a secret he could've made his music and win his awards with worse speakers than your krks that is conviniance

How ironic, that's the point. Producers that are multi-millionaire now still use the KRK's because that's what they started with and are used to.

They aren't some lonely jerks that thing by buying 1000$ Sennheiser HD 800's their shitty compressed Spotify music gets better.

Anyways, i think it's time to end this circlejerk and get back to enjoying the awesome Witcher 3 ambient sountrack on my 60$ headse:D

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You are like those console peasants that buy a 4K TV for their 720P/900P console.

If you don't have acess to high-quality non-compressed content, what's the point in being a audiophile?

Unlike me, you guys don't even seem to ever tried making music in a  DAW (digital audio workstation) program.

I have, actually. I've used Pro Tools, Reason, and Supercollider.

Unlike me, you guys don't even seem to ever tried making music in a DAW (digital audio workstation) program.

I am speechless he is right we should all get start making music and Ssl* get rid of your ps2 its not funny anymore.

I have, actually. I've used Pro Tools, Reason, and Supercollider.

Did it end up like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv4aAQFJMIw

Edit: Sorry, that guy actually has more talent than you ever will. My excuse to the awesome creativeness of DJ Potato.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Who talked about hd800 not everyone like speakers and here's a big spoiler some people don't make music( also I buy CDs)

I don't like listening to speakers I prefer headphones.

Who talked about hd800 not everyone like speakers and here's a big spoiler some people don't make music( also I buy CDs)

CD's? Is this the 80's?

https://pro.beatport.com/

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I am speechless he is right we should all get start making music and Ssl* get rid of your ps2 its not funny anymore.

Fine, and I guess you want me to get rid of my core2 duo as well??

Did it end up like this:

Edit: Sorry, that guy actually has more talent than you ever will. My excuse to the awesome DJ Potato.

Nope. Of course, now you're trolling pretty hard so I'll ignore the weak insult. Let's see some of the awesome music you've produced.

I don't like listening to speakers I prefer headphones.

You can't be a audiophile if you are using headphones. That's like using a TN panel as a Photo-editor. End of discussion.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The music I like I can get only in CDs because it's local artists so sorry I didn't manage to find high quality files on the Internet.

This is Armin van Buuren, a guy who has produced music for over 20 years, 5 times winner of the DJ Mag Award.

100$ headphones:

armin-van-buuren-EDC-2012.jpg

150.000$ custom made speakers:

24chyxc.png

Oh and 10$ chair  :D

Do you know what that is called? Being modest.

I'm gonna give you one last chance and actually give a damn about you just one last time.

I don't care if Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, or the kids on the block are wearing cheap or expensive headphones. Why? They aren't shoving it down my throat why their headphones are the best. And guess what? You're the type of guy who doesn't know what he wants, in all honesty, and follows a trend because you don't know what you want and you don't know what you're talking about. You have opinions based on popularity, personal experience, and immense bias based on someone else's words, to shove your opinions down someone else's throat.

And why do you care so much about how much the other person spends? Are you jealous or something that they can afford it? Are you just denying that you aren't jealous because YOU ARE JEALOUS? Let alone do you actually save up your money?

The original thread is about a recommendation on headphones for his budget. The reason why I recommend the Q701s is because despite that I don't like AKG products anymore due to Harman screwing with them too, is because I've actually used the AKG Q701s and the K701s, and even had a survey with it on how important audio is for FPS games that encourage players to listen to foot steps. Sure, the demographic I had on the survey, based on quantity, is miniscule (50 players or 5 professionals, and 45 super-competitive CS:GO players), but it was competing against Razer, SteelSeries, and Logitech headphones that those players owned.

I'm willing to bet that the AKG Q701s or K701s are WONDERFUL for FPS games that encourage soundwhoring. Its just me vouching for it because of sheer curiosity and having a survey with it. I'm still contemplating of purchasing another pair of those headphones to continue that study and make a thread about it here. Sadly, I don't have the time to do so. But when I do, I'll make a thread about it.

Not saying anyone should have a survey. Why? Sound is subjective just like aesthetic or external beauty. And why am I recommending a pair of headphones that are above OP's budget? Why spend on cheap snake oil and go for the real deal, even if its pricey?

And please google "personal preference" and "opinions"

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Than I'm not an audiophile you've converted me my life is ruined and I have changed forgive me father cause I have sinned.

You can't be a audiophile if you are using headphones. That's like using a TN panel as a Photo-editor. End of discussion.

Didn't you just get through saying how major music producers are using $100 headphones? Contradiction, much?

The music I like I can get only in CDs because it's local artists so sorry I didn't manage to find high quality files on the Internet.

Wait local artists have CD's in music stores without being signed to a label? What's this sorcery? Local artists = www.soundcloud.com

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Wait local artists have CD's in music stores without being signed to a label? What's this sorcery? Local artists = www.soundcloud.com

Why does it matter I get music in CDs yea I live in the 80s are you so hungry for attention you try to smuggle an insult through the way I consume music.

Didn't you just get through saying how major music producers are using $100 headphones? Contradiction, much?

Those headphones are only used for beatmaching at gigs, derp. The only time I've seen Armin use headphones in his studio is when recording voice for his radio show.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Why does it matter I get music in CDs yea I live in the 80s are you so hungry for attention you try to smuggle an insult through the way I consume music.

I like my music like how I like my food, something thats physically there instead of watching a YouTube video of Epic Meal Time.

He doesn't deserve the attention

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I'm gonna give you one last chance and actually give a damn about you just one last time.

I don't care if Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, or the kids on the block are wearing cheap or expensive headphones. Why? They aren't shoving it down my throat why their headphones are the best. And guess what? You're the type of guy who doesn't know what he wants, in all honesty, and follows a trend because you don't know what you want and you don't know what you're talking about. You have opinions based on popularity, personal experience, and immense bias based on someone else's words, to shove your opinions down someone else's throat.

And why do you care so much about how much the other person spends? Are you jealous or something that they can afford it? Are you just denying that you aren't jealous because YOU ARE JEALOUS? Let alone do you actually save up your money?

The original thread is about a recommendation on headphones for his budget. The reason why I recommend the Q701s is because despite that I don't like AKG products anymore due to Harman screwing with them too, is because I've actually used the AKG Q701s and the K701s, and even had a survey with it on how important audio is for FPS games that encourage players to listen to foot steps. Sure, the demographic I had on the survey, based on quantity, is miniscule (50 players or 5 professionals, and 45 super-competitive CS:GO players), but it was competing against Razer, SteelSeries, and Logitech headphones that those players owned.

I'm willing to bet that the AKG Q701s or K701s are WONDERFUL for FPS games that encourage soundwhoring. Its just me vouching for it because of sheer curiosity and having a survey with it. I'm still contemplating of purchasing another pair of those headphones to continue that study and make a thread about it here. Sadly, I don't have the time to do so. But when I do, I'll make a thread about it.

Not saying anyone should have a survey. Why? Sound is subjective just like aesthetic or external beauty. And why am I recommending a pair of headphones that are above OP's budget? Why spend on cheap snake oil and go for the real deal, even if its pricey?

And please google "personal preference" and "opinions"

Battlefield 4 ESL Finals, let's see what actual E-Sport gamers use:

Seems like everyone uses their own headphones, as they aren't using the same (which means they aren't sponsored to wear them)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I like my music like how I like my food, something thats physically there instead of watching a YouTube video of Epic Meal Time.

He doesn't deserve the attention

Real audiophiles download high quality .aiff files from https://pro.beatport.com

They are a few hunderd MB's for a few minutes.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Battlefield 4 ESL Finals, let's see what actual E-Sport gamers use:

Seems like everyone uses their own headphones, as they aren't using the same (which means they aren't sponsored to wear them)

Welp, typical sponsors nerfing their players in a competitive game in which soundwhoring helps out A TON by making them use headphones that just plain suck.