Best Gaming headset >$250 AUD

ConjuredMadness

And whats wrong about being an audiophile? 

And why are you so upset about "overpriced" headphones? You sound like you can't afford them and very bitter about it. And no, you must be listening to music produced by guys who let their net worth be the resume instead of the actual music the make.

And where I get my music? I buy the CD itself.

I actually can afford to buy the same audio equipment they use in Studios, instead of buying Hi-fi headphone garbage.

I mostly listen to EDM (especially Trance) but I even seen proffesional movie-soundtrack makers use KRK reference speakers or headphones.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

You seem to continuesly recommend stuff the op either didn't ask for or stuff that doesn't really make sense to his use.

Also what does genres of music has to do with those you think "audiophiles" don't listen to edm?

You seem to continuesly recommend stuff the op either didn't ask for or stuff that doesn't really make sense to his use.

Another tragic example of a thread where OP asks a question and vanish, and the thread turns into a flame war.

Somewhere in this world, OP totally forgot about the thread.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

He wanted gaming headset you made a recommendation some people said some stuff and than we got talk about you listening to trance all that while I went butterfly catiching and still made more sense than you

He wanted gaming headset you made a recommendation some people said some stuff and than we got talk about you listening to trance all that while I went butterfly catiching and still made more sense than you

I don't know.. you guys started bashing on me for using the same speakers most producers out there use today, not only the ones who make eletronic music.

My top 3 choices for OP for a gaming headset would be:

1) Audio-Technica ATH-AG1

2) Kingston HyperX Cloud 2

3) Steelseries Siberia

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm pretty sure bashing was more on the m50x dumb recommendation and how you recommended it and than you stopped making sense

I don't know.. you guys started bashing on me for using the same speakers most producers out there use today, not only the ones who make eletronic music.

No we fucking did not. We bashed you for posting a shit youtube "review" of the overhyped M50x. Then you started blathering about KRK speakers so you could claim to be using the same gear as professionals.

Well knowing he can attach a mod mic and basically have a headset he can do much better than the first.

The cloud 1 are better also he can do much better.

Don't get siberias.

No we fucking did not. We bashed you for posting a shit youtube "review" of the overhyped M50x. Then you started blathering about KRK speakers so you could claim to be using the same gear as professionals.

Show me one proffesional that uses these so called "audiophiles" headphones for mastering. Lmao.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't know what your writing anymore and how this is you conclusion from that quote.

Well knowing he can attach a mod mic and basically have a headset he can do much better than the first.

The cloud 1 are better also he can do much better.

Don't get siberias.

He isn't gonna livestream, as long as the other people can hear him, it's good.

Linus Mic test from HyperX Cloud's:

https://soundcloud.com/ltt-mic-test/hyperx-cloud-microphone-test-recording

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Also what does mastering have to do with gaming headphones you shouldn't have brought it up to begin with.

Ok so he can get a moov mic which is cheaper but he can get better headphones for that money which will make the experience more fun

OP, just get an extra CAD $50 to your budget and get an AKG Q701.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Ok so he can get a moov mic which is cheaper but he can get better headphones for that money which will make the experience more fun

Show me a combination of 20$ headphones + 40$ mod mic that can do better then the HyperX Cloud which are 60$ on sale.

I can't actually believe that there are so many audiophiles out there instead of videophiles, the monitor is the most important piece of hardware in someones gaming rig.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

He isn't gonna livestream, as long as the other people can hear him, it's good.

Linus Mic test from HyperX Cloud's:

https://soundcloud.com/ltt-mic-test/hyperx-cloud-microphone-test-recording

Sounds like shit compared to the AKG K701 based on audio quality.

The mic? Just get a modmic.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

OP, just get an extra CAD $50 to your budget and get an AKG Q701.

Or, spend 60$ on HyperX Cloud's and use the another 250$ on a new GPU or a 144hz screen.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Show me one proffesional that uses these so called "audiophiles" headphones for mastering. Lmao.

And deflection, once again. You're a piece of work.

I can't actually believe that there are so many audiophiles out there instead of videophiles, the monitor is the most important piece of hardware in someones gaming rig.

Probably because that's your opinion. Some people like good sound.

Sounds like shit compared to the AKG K701 based on audio quality.

The mic? Just get a modmic.

Yeah it sounds like shit!!! /s

OP should get this:

StudioSOS_03-0112.jpg?itok=K_-CeUz6

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

He is looking for HEADPHONES also his budget is 250!!!!! If his budget was 60$ I wouldn't recommend that you really are dumb

Or, spend 60$ on HyperX Cloud's and use the another 250$ on a new GPU or a 144hz screen.

I wonder if a GPU or a 144hz screen can do anything for soundwhoring. 

Yeah it sounds like shit!!! /s

OP should get this:

StudioSOS_03-0112.jpg?itok=K_-CeUz6

Or get a mod mic and AKG Q701s

I wonder if a GPU or a 144hz screen can do anything for soundwhoring. 

OP never said something about listening to music.

He just wants a headset to hear the sound effect that some dude at Valve made for CS:GO footsteps.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU