Best Gaming headset >$250 AUD

ConjuredMadness

This is probably the only head-fi thread that I really agree with:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-5-31-2015-beyer-cop-and-shure-1540-added#

Take a look at this thread since it has a fair lot of recommendations.

OP, if I were you, I'd add an extra CAD $50 for the Q701. Having owned a pair of K701s, and as far as I'm told the Q701s are pretty much like the K701s, they are really good for gaming. 

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Umm yeah.. why do you think everyone uses KRK? Because they are cheap, nice looking and have a flat no-bullshit sound.

I mean even multi-millionair producers still use them:

Net worth: 75M $

avicii-studio-750x400.jpg

Net worth: 11m $ (in like 2 years lol)

BYPE1ORIMAErujU.jpg

I mean, come one, we are on the LINUS Tech Tips forums, even Linus says that the HyperX Cloud are one of the best headsets atm.

Don't mind 2 Chainz, just mind the guy who bought them for $6k

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-G4ME-ONE-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00GWU8FTK

I personally use these and they are excellent for gaming.  They also have a closed version, the g4me zero.  If you are specifically looking for gaming ones with a microphone these will work.  That being said, you can buy a headset and microphone for the same price and get better quality. 

When people are calledd on bs they like to deflect.

So we derailed from a simple gaming headset question to a audiophile headphones circlejerk?

Do you guys really think a good headset will give him a competive edge? Lmao.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Don't mind 2 Chainz, just mind the guy who bought them for $6k

Audiophile logic: Hey guys let's buy shitty overpriced headphones instead getting a 100$ pair of headphones or 250$ pair of speakers that 95% of the music producers use.

We need to deform the way the track was created instead of listening with the same equipment as the maker.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So we derailed from a simple gaming headset question to a audiophile headphones circlejerk?

Do you guys really think a good headset will give him a competive edge? Lmao.

Wow no one even talked about having a competitive edge, master of deflection..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Well first if he is good enough he might be able to take advantage over the hints a better headphone will give and in gaming sense the m50x scores very low because of lack of soundstage.

But that's not the point the m50x in general is not very good considering their price and other alternatives many other headphones in his budget will give a more enjoyable experience for either less with a ton more value or for more and with huge difference.

For quick close headphones to consider: beyerdynamic dt770, audio technica ath msr7, mrspeakers mad dogs( these are now for an amazing sale), Sony mdr 1r and there are more.

On the open side of things: audio technica ath ad700x, beyerdynamic dt880/990, akgs manyyyy open backs and again there are many more.

Also m50x is 150$, he is looking for headphones so speakers are obviously out of discussion, creators and gamers look for different things, oh and the video wasn't for him to think he needs a pair of Orpheus.

Also m50x is 150$, he is looking for headphones so speakers are obviously out of discussion, creators and gamers look for different things, oh and the video wasn't for him to think he needs a pair of Orpheus.

Gaming headphones = most comfortable headphones.

/thread ?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Audiophile logic: Hey guys let's buy shitty overpriced headphones instead getting a 100$ pair of headphones or 250$ pair of speakers that 95% of the music producers use.

We need to deform the way the track was created instead of listening with the same equipment as the maker.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, or just stupid.

Gaming headphones = most comfortable headphones.

/thread ?

I need translation, also m50x are far from most comfortable headphones also what??

I need translation, also m50x are far from most comfortable headphones also what??

I was talking about the HyperX clouds, they are by far the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I was talking about the HyperX clouds, they are by far the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.

Well, your opinion or experience with it is just an opinion/experience.

Yea that wasn't very clear also what I said of the m59x partly apply to the clouds he can do so much better for the price

I'm not sure if you're trolling, or just stupid.

Just looking at your signature, found the audiophile.

What's the point in buying shitty ovepriced headphones while you could buy the same gear the producer used and listen to the same sound he was hearing while making and mastering the track?

Let's not talk about where you get your music as a audiophile, the final master of a track is a few GB's at max quality, and it get's compressed to shit just like the 4K video's Linus makes.

/rant

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Let's not talk about where you get your music as a audiophile, the final master of a track is a few GB's at max quality, and it get's compressed to shit just like the 4K video's Linus makes.

Your point being?

Your point being?

If you want to be a audiophile, send a e-mail to your favourite artist or his label asking him to give you the final master file, or even better, get the project file and render it real-time in a DAW.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What's the point in buying shitty ovepriced headphones while you could buy the same gear the producer used and listen to the same sound he was hearing while making the track?

And whats wrong about being an audiophile? 

And why are you so upset about "overpriced" headphones? You sound like you can't afford them and very bitter about it. And no, you must be listening to music produced by guys who let their net worth be the resume instead of the actual music the make.

And where I get my music? I buy the CD itself.

Should I go back to the title and shows you the guy wants GAMING HEADSET so let's take the speakers off the list than we have m50x and clouds nither is very flat and nither is a headphones used in every studio around the world and even if they did there can still be a more accurate pair of headphone sometimes cheaper and sometimes more expensive.

And you're still dumb for not getting the meaning of putting the video here.

What's the point in buying shitty ovepriced headphones while you could buy the same gear the producer used and listen to the same sound he was hearing while making and mastering the track?

/rant

You're like ranting about stuff and you don't know what you're talking about and it's aparent.. like seriously what are you talking about you're unclear and blurt out random things that have no merit or are just plain wrong, makes me sad when I read you're comments..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Also are audiophiles trolls who live on mountains and listen to their own farts?

If you want to be a audiophile, send a e-mail to your favourite artist or his label asking him to give you the final master file, or even better, get the project file and render it real-time in a DAW.

What would be the point of that? All audible information is preserved in a lossless 16/44 recording. The computer needs 24/192 to avoid rounding errors during editing.

You're like ranting about stuff and you don't know what you're talking about and it's aparent.. like seriously what are you talking about you're unclear and blurt out random things that have no merit or are just plain wrong, makes me sad when I read you're comments..

Makes me happy, I love wakaloon comments in this sub. I should blog the invective that MisterSprinkles pm'd me, it was pretty good stuff.

Should I go back to the title and shows you the guy wants GAMING HEADSET so let's take the speakers off the list than we have m50x and clouds nither is very flat and nither is a headphones used in every studio around the world and even if they did there can still be a more accurate pair of headphone sometimes cheaper and sometimes more expensive.

And you're still dumb for not getting the meaning of putting the video here.

If you're referring to that vid about the Orpheus with 2 Chainz in it, my bad. 

I'm after a VERY bad bottle of vodka and I still make more sense than you.

So... there's MisterSprinkelz and TheConverter, now...