Best Gaming headset >$250 AUD

ConjuredMadness

Hi guys,

I am looking for a new gaming headset under $250 AUD (absolute max), I own a snapped Creative Sound Blaster Tactic Omega 3D Headset. I need a new 7.1 surround sound headset with a decent Mic, I will mainly be using it for Tactical First Person Shooter games (I need to be able to hear rustling leaves or footsteps).

I own a Razer Deathadder Chroma and a Razer Blackwidow Chroma, so I originally thought about the Razer kraken 7.1 Chroma as I already use Synapse.

Thoughts needed,

Thank you

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Yep, Sorry....I posted in the wrong section, So I posted here.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a new gaming headset under $250 AUD (absolute max), I own a snapped Creative Sound Blaster Tactic Omega 3D Headset. I need a new 7.1 surround sound headset with a decent Mic, I will mainly be using it for Tactical First Person Shooter games (I need to be able to hear rustling leaves or footsteps).

I own a Razer Deathadder Chroma and a Razer Blackwidow Chroma, so I originally thought about the Razer kraken 7.1 Chroma as I already use Synapse.

Thoughts needed,

Thank you

>7.1 Surround

Are you kidding me? Stereo is fantastic for FPS games.  If you really need the directional sound, then you could use Razer Surround software.  Best headset on the market right now designed for gaming is the HyperX Cloud II.  If you want something even better, get a nice pair of headphones and use an Antlion modmic.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

-snip-

k thanks bye

No..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

No..

This, no.

Just get a nice pair of stereo open back headphones, such as akg k612 pro or HD 558

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This comment wanna make me shoot myself.

That is one of the worst gaming headphones it has the soundstage width of my old broken etymotic er4pt.

For the op dt770 is a better option with good positional audio.

This comment wanna make me shoot myself.

That is one of the worst gaming headphones it has the soundstage width of my old broken etymotic er4pt.

For the op dt770 is a better option with good positional audio.

I can't believe all these wannabe audiophiles.

I produce music every day and have both the Kingston HyperX Cloud (gaming) and the Audio Technica ATH-M50X (music).

But I still prefer my KRK Rokit's over both.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I produce music every day and have both the Kingston HyperX Cloud (gaming) and the Audio Technica ATH-M50X (music).

The fact you make music with the m50x don't change the lack of soundstage of the m50x which make them terrible for gaming.

Also putting an mkbhd review of the m50x and saying "k thanks bye" is what makes me wanna shoot myself more than you recommending the m50x.

I produce music every day and have both the Kingston HyperX Cloud (gaming) and the Audio Technica ATH-M50X (music).

If you're a music producer I honestly feel sorry for you..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_4&products_id=15704&zenid=d4718b2282e4db94bc4e98c22b79a699

Logitech G930, I personally use these and they're great for gaming - use them for CSGO. You can charge the unit while playing. Usually lasts for like 3 days or so depending on usage. 

Microphone is pretty good as I dont get any complaints about it sounding bad. 

Sound quality wise, they are decent (gaming headsets) bit bassy with slight emphasis on mids and highs. (Coming from a head-fier)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_4&products_id=15704&zenid=d4718b2282e4db94bc4e98c22b79a699

Logitech G930, I personally use these and they're great for gaming - use them for CSGO. You can charge the unit while playing. Usually lasts for like 3 days or so depending on usage. 

Microphone is pretty good as I dont get any complaints about it sounding bad. 

Sound quality wise, they are decent (gaming headsets) bit bassy with slight emphasis on mids and highs. (Coming from a head-fier)

No....those are literally the worst.

No....those are literally the worst.

Thats a great and valid point... I've been using it for about a year now and haven't had an issue with them.

Also audio wise, I use them on a daily basis for CSGO, hear perfectly. 

Sound quality wise, I come from pretty high end headphones with wide variety of high end headphones. 

So please elaborate on why these are the worse? Have you had experience with these?

They aren't the worse the lower end g series is probobly the worse but unless you cannot live without wireless they are not worth a buy you can get so many better headphones/headsets that will be better in every way.

Thats a great and valid point... I've been using it for about a year now and haven't had an issue with them.

Also audio wise, I use them on a daily basis for CSGO, hear perfectly.

Sound quality wise, I come from pretty high end headphones with wide variety of high end headphones.

So please elaborate on why these are the worse? Have you had experience with these?

Yup wanted to get a wireless headset one time, bought these and I've never felt something that felt so cheap and shallow I honestly thought to myself, no way these are this bad...returned them same day. What do you think are high end headphones, because if you've really had some I don't think you would find them acceptable. There that bad, when I came into teamspeak to test the mic quality my friends thought I was on my phone/laptop integrated mic it was all around just bad, so many better options.

Yup wanted to get a wireless headset one time, bought these and I've never felt something that felt so cheap and shallow I honestly thought to myself, no way these are this bad...returned them same day. What do you think are high end headphones, because if you've really had some I don't think you would find them acceptable. There that bad, when I came into teamspeak to test the mic quality my friends thought I was on my phone/laptop integrated mic it was all around just bad, so many better options.

My partner has a wireless Logitech gaming headset and the mic quality is pretty good from what I can tell (and I haven't heard any complaints about audio quality). The main issue with them is that the mic will randomly cut out for a while and that can get a bit annoying sometimes. Despite this, I still feel that wireless peripherals are a terrible choice for gaming due to how unreliable they can be and therefore wouldn't recommend them to anyone who's serious about performance in games.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

My partner has a wireless Logitech gaming headset and the mic quality is pretty good from what I can tell (and I haven't heard any complaints about audio quality). The main issue with them is that the mic will randomly cut out for a while and that can get a bit annoying sometimes. Despite this, I still feel that wireless peripherals are a terrible choice for gaming due to how unreliable they can be and therefore wouldn't recommend them to anyone who's serious about performance in games.

Correct. Anything that is both good and wireless is also too expensive.

If you're a music producer I honestly feel sorry for you..

Umm yeah.. why do you think everyone uses KRK? Because they are cheap, nice looking and have a flat no-bullshit sound.

I mean, come one, we are on the LINUS Tech Tips forums, even Linus says that the HyperX Cloud are one of the best headsets atm.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Umm yeah.. why do you think everyone uses KRK? Because they are cheap, nice looking and have a flat no-bullshit sound.

I mean even multi-millionair producers still use them:

Net worth: 75M $

avicii-studio-750x400.jpg

Net worth: 11m $ (in like 2 years lol)

BYPE1ORIMAErujU.jpg

I mean, come one, we are on the LINUS Tech Tips forums, even Linus says that the HyperX Cloud are one of the best headsets atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMi8dMWNbI

What does KRK have to do with anything... I thought we were talking about the M50x and youre lack of explanations.

What does KRK have to do with anything... I thought we were talking about the M50x and youre lack of explanations.

When people are calledd on bs they like to deflect.

When people are calledd on bs they like to deflect.

I guess so.

I don't care about Linus opinion on the clouds, or milionars about the krks, or mkbhds about the m50x, do you have any sort of opinion of your own??