What will be your next phone?

geforceftw

i'm kinda looking into getting the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i have big hands so i can reach all the way to the top corner and i held it before so i know what its like and i loved it

I'm thinking of getting a Cherry Mobile (local brand where I am) SkyFire or Flame 2... I hate my Galaxy Y, it's way to slow and the screen resolution is not supported by most apps, that and the Cheery Mobiles are really cheap...

I just received my padfone infinity! In my opinion its a samsung s4 with htc one build quality and "almost" stock android + a tablet! Why buy anything else? The price maybe, but I really recommend this phone to everyone! Linus should do an unboxing of this phone....

I bought a lumia 920 last week

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I'm just waiting for a phone with the right combination of specs. Doesn't matter who manufactures it.

I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S4 a couple of months ago and find it's a really good phone. I didn't like the software much so I flashed CyanogenMod 10.1 on it and it's gotten even better battery life and seams quicker overall.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Now i'm whit Sony ericsson Vivaz but it has big problem whit touch screen so i think to take Sony Xperia S or HTC :)

Something that does not have a contract. Probably Nexus 5/6. Though I will probably upgrade in 1-2 years or when my Nexus 4 breaks.

"No signature"

Nexus 5, when it comes out

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Since getting the Nexus 4 im never going back to a non Nexus they are just so much easier if you are a power user.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Possibly a Nexus 5, looks awesome. I'm split between getting that or a HTC One though. :P

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

IPhone 5s.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Probably that phone with the 41 megapixel camera

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

So many people for the S4... surprising considering what the internet says...

for me, the one and only HTC One

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I have had a Galaxy Mini for 2-3 years I think. Now Im thinking of getting a Galaxy S2 Plus for school.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

So many people for the S4... surprising considering what the internet says...

for me, the one and only HTC One

Well:

Better battery life

Removable battery

Micro SD card support

Slightly bigger screen

Better camera

Will receive better software support

Better dev support (XDA)

Touchwiz is arguably better than Sense

The only thing the HTC One has I can think of is build quality.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

HTC One also has 32GB as the standard internal memory whereas the S4 only has 16GB. Also, unless solved in a software update the S4 was extremely slow compared to the HTC One. I saw a few videos on YouTube directly comparing the two and it was pretty bad. 

Anyhoo my next phone will be a Galaxy Note 2, which I'm hoping to get later today. :) I know the Note 3 will probably launch in a month or two but I'm getting this on a reaaaaally good contract so I'm happy.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Since the announcement of Nexus 4 coming to Japan sometime around March 2013, I decided that I would buy that phone right away, however, until this fucking day it is not yet officially released. It is displayed on Google Play Store JP but it says not available in my country. Since the next Nexus phone is coming this November, I will probably pick the next one, will buy from ebay. If I only had enough money would buy HTC One.

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

I'm picking up a Sony Xperia Z sometime next week. Can't wait.

Touchwiz is atrocious. It's a cluttered piece of shit.

And so is sense.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

And so is sense.

Sense 5 is actually pretty good, and when it comes to responsiveness and performance is actually miles ahead of TouchWiz on the S4. TouchWiz is a poorly optimised, badly coded and poorly designed interface with an identity crisis in both looks and functions. Half of the things on it work brilliantly and even look good whilst the other half neither function well or look good.

There are many advantages to the HTC One:

- Dual front-facing speakers are undeniably superior to a mono rear facing speaker

- LED screen compared to AMOLED screen should be more easily visible outdoors

- Rear camera excels in low-light conditions

- Interface responsiveness (navigating menus, browsing homescreens, switching to and from apps) is better than TouchWiz on S4

- Default storage size is 32GB for the HTC One compared to 16GB for the Galaxy S4

- Build quality is superior and ought to be more reliable

At the end of the day they're both fantastic phones. They each have their strong and weak points. The S4's weakest point I feel is TouchWiz.

Honestly, depends what the Android market looks like, I have a Nexus 4 so don't plan on changing any time soon, maybe an iPhone, never had one :D

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Sense 5 is actually pretty good, and when it comes to responsiveness and performance is actually miles ahead of TouchWiz on the S4. TouchWiz is a poorly optimised, badly coded and poorly designed interface with an identity crisis in both looks and functions. Half of the things on it work brilliantly and even look good whilst the other half neither function well or look good.

There are many advantages to the HTC One:

- Dual front-facing speakers are undeniably superior to a mono rear facing speaker

- LED screen compared to AMOLED screen should be more easily visible outdoors

- Rear camera excels in low-light conditions

- Interface responsiveness (navigating menus, browsing homescreens, switching to and from apps) is better than TouchWiz on S4

- Default storage size is 32GB for the HTC One compared to 16GB for the Galaxy S4

- Build quality is superior and ought to be more reliable

At the end of the day they're both fantastic phones. They each have their strong and weak points. The S4's weakest point I feel is TouchWiz.

People will choose based more on the feature set available, and I feel like the S4 has an edge. Touchwiz isn't great, but it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The real enthusiast Android users will be getting a Nexus device or flashing a custom ROM anyway.

People will choose based more on the feature set available, and I feel like the S4 has an edge. Touchwiz isn't great, but it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The real enthusiast Android users will be getting a Nexus device or flashing a custom ROM anyway.

I don't doubt it. In fairness, some of the features are great.

TouchWiz is pretty bad. It's getting better than it was, at least on mobiles, but it's still lacking in a lot of ways. It's slooooowww, and I still don't like its appearance.

It's especially bad on my Galaxy Note 10.1. It's rendered my device completely inoperable at times whilst it tries its best to complete the impossibly complex task of switching between the immensely resource intensive E-Mail app to the even more resource intensive Calculator app. It freezes, chugs, crashes and breaks frequently. It also has an irritating habit of opening random applications whilst you're trying to switch apps in the multitasking window.

I saw a video (posted in a topic on this forum somewhere) a while ago comparing the HTC One and Galaxy S4 directly for responsiveness, speed and multitasking. The S4, despite being more powerful, lagged behind the One. And when I say lagged, I mean crawled... it was bad. I'm hoping a software update fixed it, but I've not seen any similar comparisons since then so have no idea.