The Pokémon Thread

minibois
6 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Best ball.

Pester_Ball.png

Hehe, I played the crap out of Pokemon Snap when I had it.

It bad when you get crazy good and can beat that game in a few hours.  :P

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

5 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Hehe, I played the crap out of Pokemon Snap when I had it.

It bad when you get crazy good and can beat that game in a few hours.  :P

To be fair, Pokemon Snap wasn't that long of a game.

I would like to see another spin off like Snap.

55 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

To be fair, Pokemon Snap wasn't that long of a game.

I would like to see another spin off like Snap.

True.  Was an interesting game, the pin ball game was fun too.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

I totally forgot about this thread.

Take a look at this monstrosity!

44444444rrf4.PNG.6151db34ae05b0b0d40d4dbca5d55267.PNG

I don't think I will be taking advice from this book any time soon.

Who's that MONSTROSITY?!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So I recently got back in to pokemon and also in to shiny hunting and auijtbnfuiajhbgvuhjibredsjguivkhtblsdgihbsdjhkg

IMG_20171118_010745.thumb.jpg.d8f1af1cade89283a0f35031713dfdb5.jpg

I CAN GET A SHINY SYLVEON

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

13 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

So I recently got back in to pokemon and also in to shiny hunting and auijtbnfuiajhbgvuhjibredsjguivkhtblsdgihbsdjhkg

IMG_20171118_010745.thumb.jpg.d8f1af1cade89283a0f35031713dfdb5.jpg

I CAN GET A SHINY SYLVEON

I have a tonne of 6iv shiny eevee if you need one

3 hours ago, Sylvie said:

I have a tonne of 6iv shiny eevee if you need one

I'm good right now but thanks!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Fun fact of the day (I'm not doing this every day, fuck off).  In folklore, a popular belief is that fairies are weak to iron.  This is probably why, in Pokemon, fairy types are weak to steel types.

Weakness

Lemons and Limes: Lemons and limes are poisonous to fairies.

Silver: This can be used against dark fairies--as they burn when they are touched with silver.

Iron: Fairies hate iron as it is proven to be harmful against them.

Sugar/Salt: If someone pours salt or sugar in front of them, they have to stop to count each grain one by one.

Cream: They also love cream, which, like alcohol, intoxicates them.

Sunglasses: The only way to combat fairy Mesmer is to wear reflective sunglasses or not look them in the eye.

Technology: Fairies are known to have entered the earth without any technology -- so in result they will get easily ill or have a strong sense of nausea when around technology

Poisonious Bugs: Fairies are seen to be very close with nature but if something as small as a bugg comes in their way and attacks them, they could face a serious illness and die.

http://unnaturalworld.wikia.com/wiki/Fairies

Edit; also.

Fairy blood abilities

Intoxication: Any vampire that drinks fairy blood becomes intoxicated with it, going into a state humans would describe as "drunk". The amount of drunkness displayed by a vampire depends on the amount of fairy blood the vampire drank.

Attraction: Fairy blood smells very appealing to supernaturals, especially vampires (though two-natured have admitted to it, too). The blood also increases the physical appeal of human/fairy hybrids and their descendants.

Vampire sunblock: Depending on the amount of blood drank, vampires grow immune to their weakness to sunlight after drinking fairy blood. The effects last shortly, however, and the pureness of the blood is a factor too; after drinking a hybrid's blood, Russell Edgington burned in the sun quite shortly afterwards, while Eric Northman spent at least an hour in the sun after completely draining a full-blooded fairy.

Twilight makes sense now!  Edward was drunk off of fairy blood!

2 hours ago, Sylvie said:

Let me know if you need any particular pokemon in shiny form and whether or not IVs are important to you. You can contact me on any of the social apps linked on my account. 

Shiny Giratina maybe? :P

✨PC Specs✨

Just now, Sylvie said:

But the standard colour pattern is way better

i like blue

✨PC Specs✨

homerchu.jpg

Daewoo Lanos 1.5L 8V, 1998, green = Better graphics than NFS in VR. 

Otherwise my daily rig is some oem pcchips motherboard with intel 486-dx2 in it overclocked to 100mhz and watercooled with astonishing 24MB RAM and superb S3 Virge DX graphics with 4MB of VRAM for best performance in heavy 3D apps and games and with 850mb WD Caviar 4200RPM HDD for maximum storage space and speed.

Running  Windows 95 OSR2.5 with IE4 for amazing internet browsing experience

all this in glorious desktop case in elephant bone color. 

• 1 year later...

There are hundreds, and a continuously growing number of Pokemon ROM hacks popping out on the internet available for download without a cost. Some of them are good, and some need further improvement.

8 hours ago, Gamersmith said:

There are hundreds, and a continuously growing number of Pokemon ROM hacks popping out on the internet available for download without a cost. Some of them are good, and some need further improvement.

that's nice, dear.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒