The Pokémon Thread

minibois
15 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

ewww the black and white anime series was HORRIBLE. Xy anime was so much better. 

As far as the Anime goes I stopped enjoying/watching after the Battle Frontier at the end of Hoenn after Max and May left. I liked where they were going with characters like Paul and Hunter J, but aside from that everything was either me growing older or the content was getting more childish. Maybe it was just the awful voice acting I noticed come around around after Hoenn and it just hasn't gotten better since. I also got halfway through the BW series where I liked Team Rocket's more advanced difficulty, but the same problems persisted with why I didn't like DP. I only watched maybe half a dozen XY episodes max, but I wasn't really that impressed either. I don't like the whole Mega Evolution junk.

Gens 1-3 for life. I'll try to keep up to date on what's new though as I have been to see if there is something new I would like. Probably one of the best things they could do IMO is improve the voice acting quality and stop making it sound like a script of what parents think/want kids to talk like. At least that's the vibe I get from listening to it. 

3 hours ago, Okjoek said:

As far as the Anime goes I stopped enjoying/watching after the Battle Frontier at the end of Hoenn after Max and May left. I liked where they were going with characters like Paul and Hunter J, but aside from that everything was either me growing older or the content was getting more childish. Maybe it was just the awful voice acting I noticed come around around after Hoenn and it just hasn't gotten better since. I also got halfway through the BW series where I liked Team Rocket's more advanced difficulty, but the same problems persisted with why I didn't like DP. I only watched maybe half a dozen XY episodes max, but I wasn't really that impressed either. I don't like the whole Mega Evolution junk.

Gens 1-3 for life. I'll try to keep up to date on what's new though as I have been to see if there is something new I would like. Probably one of the best things they could do IMO is improve the voice acting quality and stop making it sound like a script of what parents think/want kids to talk like. At least that's the vibe I get from listening to it. 

i watched the anime since the good old days of the kanto reigion then the joto region then orange island, hoenn, battle frontier, DP, BW, then XY, and now XYz, after DP i stopped for a while because BW was just SHIT, then one day out of curiosity i watched XY and now im hooked. im looking forward towards sun and moon. just watch the sub because the dub voice i agree with you is shit but it is kind of funny to watch the dub after watching the sub first 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

i watched the anime since the good old days of the kanto reigion then the joto region then orange island, hoenn, battle frontier, DP, BW, then XY, and now XYz, after DP i stopped for a while because BW was just SHIT, then one day out of curiosity i watched XY and now im hooked. im looking forward towards sun and moon. just watch the sub because the dub voice i agree with you is shit but it is kind of funny to watch the dub after watching the sub first 

I actually liked the BW ark. I liked how they worked Team Plasma into the story arc.

24 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I actually liked the BW ark. I liked how they worked Team Plasma into the story arc.

mme perosnally i think BW flopped and XY they got back up again. amourshipping for life! 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

42 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

mme perosnally i think BW flopped and XY they got back up again. amourshipping for life! 

Is amourshipping, shipping Serena and Ash? Because I swear I heard it before.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

38 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I thought it was trying to combine ring mail with plate mail.

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

yeah it is, personally i think its much better than all the previous ships as Serena does have a cannonical crush on Ash 

53 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

lololol good old pigiot mail from the old skool days 

On 5/17/2016 at 5:44 AM, Ashaira said:

Really curios if they will add new types or rebalance some of the older pokemon stat wise. Most only need a small boost to make them a bit more viable in competitive.

I would like to see one of the two versions ratchet up the storyline difficulty a few degrees. Ramping up the AI, and more variety in pokemon and movesets for said AI would be welcome. Tired of having the antagonist Team having a grand total of 3, maybe 4 different Pokemon lines.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

9 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

8 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

yeah it is, personally i think its much better than all the previous ships as Serena does have a cannonical crush on Ash 

I will ship AshxMay until the day I die though :^)

/s

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 hours ago, Daring said:

Good.

"overtake 'em all"?

hahaha

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On 6/19/2016 at 5:26 AM, Albatross said:

"overtake 'em all"?

hahaha

Pocket Monster, capture their advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Thismorning I watched what is essentially a documentary about Pokemon Theory on how Gen 7 will be the end story and tie all previous games together. Definitely some weird guys, but there's some really interesting stuff they bring up.

10 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Thismorning I watched what is essentially a documentary about Pokemon Theory on how Gen 7 will be the end story and tie all previous games together. Definitely some weird guys, but there's some really interesting stuff they bring up.

I watched it yesterday, it's a really good video! 40 minutes long, but doesn't feel like it. Brings up a lot of interesting things.. I wonder if they things they predicted will come true

Spoilers on the video/maybe the game:

Spoiler

Scorpion legendary confirmed :3 

It took a while, but the new wild battle theme has started to grow on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of like the new design I saw leaked for a Pokemon that is a ghost and hides under an old Pikachu costume from the 90s.

• 3 weeks later...

"Pokémon is predic-"

Game Freak:

On 8/1/2016 at 11:37 AM, Daring said:

"Pokémon is predic-"

Game Freak:

NO! NO! Why did they have to mess with vulpix and ninetails?!! Those were my favs!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

NO! NO! Why did they have to mess with vulpix and ninetails?!! Those were my favs!

Welcome aboard Mr. Masuda's Wild Ride.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

Welcome aboard Mr. Masuda's Wild Ride.

Yep.. :( X and Y series and games were bad enough... Why did they have to do this?

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Yep.. :( X and Y series and games were bad enough... Why did they have to do this?

Because they're massively changing the formula. This is probably the biggest change since gen I.

7 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

If you want a non-Alola Vuplix/Ninetales then just catch one outside Alola. These are just regional variants.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Just now, Daring said:

Because they're massively changing the formula. This is probably the biggest change since gen I.

Yeah it definitely is. Honestly pokemon did need a change is it was going to keep going like it has and keep the old fanbase around as well as gather new ones. Personally though I don't think this was the way to go.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!