The Pokémon Thread

minibois

Currently use a 2DS. Might upgrade to the 3DS/3DSxl after it's phased out so I can get it dirt cheap. I was waiting for a "Z" version like X or Y to come out so I could get that instead because the third installment in a generation is usually the best, but I'll still see what the deal is with sun and moon.

I'd personally like to see them work with the Orre region some more. The game had its drawbacks, but the very mature story (for a Pokemon game) was not one of them. I would buy a whole system possibly just to play such a remake/sequel. I'm actually kind of curious if I could find an emulation for XDGoD and whether my computer is strong enough to run it.

considering how long the 3ds has been out(like 5 years) I'm pretty sure it's pretty cheap now... Also would anyone be interested in a battle sometime tomorrow in ORAS?

Current system: CPU:I5 6600k 4.5Ghz, CPU Cooler: Asetek 550LC, Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gamer, Ram:Adata XPG 4x2 2400, Graphics Card:MSi GTX 970 + Zotac 970, Hard drives:256gb SSD+1tb WD Blue, Case:Corsair Spec 01 Power Supply:XFX TS  750 watt Bronze, OS:Windows 10 64bit

1 minute ago, 1Revenger1 said:

considering how long the 3ds has been out(like 5 years) I'm pretty sure it's pretty cheap now... Also would anyone be interested in a battle sometime tomorrow in ORAS?

I lost my AS game...

Anyone here got Pokken? mine is coming this weekend. who wants a fight?

Just now, Ashaira said:

I wish, but I got no money.

2 hours ago, Ashaira said:

I no haz Wii U. :C

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

I no haz Wii U. :C

Me neither. PC upgrading is an expensive hobby as it is. There's always Emulators, but it would be cool if they put atleast some effort towards the continually growing PC market. It would probably hurt their bottom line though so we will probably never see it. I guess we can still dream though. "muh capitalism"

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was disappointing... Expected some new S/M footage but it turned out to be the same trailer.

At least we know there will be over 10 new Pokémon in the new games though!

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Just now, squirrl said:

Well, that was disappointing... Expected some new S/M footage but it turned out to be the same trailer.

At least we know there will be over 10 new Pokémon in the new games though!

I was just about to post that. xD

For all European players, a second chance to get Hoopa has begun. To get Hoopa on your X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire games, if you enter the Serial Code: HOOPA2016 before April 30th, you will get another chance to get this Hoopa.

Have they confirmed anything cool about Sun/Moon yet?

Just now, Okjoek said:

Have they confirmed anything cool about Sun/Moon yet?

Nope, still just rumors about it now. Like it being set in Hawaii.

On 4/6/2016 at 0:48 PM, Daring said:

Nope, still just rumors about it now. Like it being set in Hawaii.

Any links where I can read more about this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

i thnk i'm a little late to this party!

my first game was Red on the gameboy colour when i was about 8! me and my brother got the gameboy to share and red/blue each i played the hell out of it. Gold was great and the ruby sapphire remakes were pretty good recently..

1 hour ago, dditty said:

Any links where I can read more about this?

Here's an image with evidence that the new region will be based on Hawaii. Also, Junichi Masuda visited Hawaii recently... not really that surprising because Hawaii is a popular vacation spot for Japanese, but he visited New York City before BW and France before XY. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what will.

1 hour ago, Daring said:

Here's an image with evidence that the new region will be based on Hawaii. Also, Junichi Masuda visited Hawaii recently... not really that surprising because Hawaii is a popular vacation spot for Japanese, but he visited New York City before BW and France before XY. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what will.

Wow sounds great! Thanks mate!

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

If anyone wants one of those, just let me know. My giveaway was quite un-popular so I still have a bunch to give. just pm me :)

1 hour ago, MimigaKing said:

If anyone wants one of those, just let me know. My giveaway was quite un-popular so I still have a bunch to give. just pm me :)

"You must live within Canada or the United States."
RIP IN PIECES D:

Awesome of you to do this though :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

"You must live within Canada or the United States."
RIP IN PIECES D:

Awesome of you to do this though :) 

think it would get a bit too expensive outside of america :/

tumblr_n6k0fjOShC1qi6unno1_500.gif

Gen 3 v2a.k.a Gen 7 or 8

Like a Xeon E5-2699 V3. Not a E7-2699 V3!!!

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Well it finally happened, the battery on one of my GameBoy games has run out. This happened on Gold (I was playing it today and was surprised I didn't have a save file).

Well, gonna have to find the right head for the screw and solder a new battery in there

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/