The Pokémon Thread

minibois

Remember that at this point, anything about Pokémon Z is pure speculation.

And if it becomes real, I'm expecting a May announcement and October - November release. ORAS were announced in May 2014 and released in November that same year. I'm expecting that to happen again.

Remember that at this point, anything about Pokémon Z is pure speculation.

And if it becomes real, I'm expecting a May announcement and October - November release. ORAS were announced in May 2014 and released in November that same year. I'm expecting that to happen again.

I'm just waiting for CoroCoro to release something, other than that, everything will be speculations.

Most people like to play the strongest stat/ moveset pokemon, but I like to roleplay a bit when it comes to my team. I try to think of which pokemon I would like to have as partners if the universe was a real life scenerio. That means I create a team based more on everyday life use and take symbiosis into account so that the Pokemon can do jobs I need done and don't require high maintainence. It may sound a bit like Team Rocket using Pokemon as tools, but I guess it's all down to how well you treat your partners just like any normal pet in the real world. Maybe I make it sound too deep for a video game, but that's just me personally getting the most out of the experience.

My "real life" team would probably be:

Ditto: Can transform into anything giving it ultimate versatility.

Gogoat(F): It looks overall less fragile than most grass types and it's a goat so I'm guessing it can produce milk which may come in handy in the real world.

Rotom: Free emergency supply of electricity FTW. I'm sure having a pet ghost would help out somehow too.

Gardevoir(F). Can teleport wherever you need to go, telekinesis and all that cool hocus pocus stuff. It will give it's own life as a bodyguard according to Dexter which is admirable.

I'm not sure I would fill the last two slots. These four choices seem very practical. Thought of changing out Gardevoir for Sigilyph for certain stereotypical reasons (some people are out to ruin childhoods), but I'm going to let nostalgia win this time.

Most people like to play the strongest stat/ moveset pokemon, but I like to roleplay a bit when it comes to my team. I try to think of which pokemon I would like to have as partners if the universe was a real life scenerio. That means I create a team based more on everyday life use and take symbiosis into account so that the Pokemon can do jobs I need done and don't require high maintainence. It may sound a bit like Team Rocket using Pokemon as tools, but I guess it's all down to how well you treat your partners just like any normal pet in the real world. Maybe I make it sound too deep for a video game, but that's just me personally getting the most out of the experience.

My "real life" team would probably be:

Ditto: Can transform into anything giving it ultimate versatility.

Gogoat(F): It looks overall less fragile than most grass types and it's a goat so I'm guessing it can produce milk which may come in handy in the real world.

Rotom: Free emergency supply of electricity FTW. I'm sure having a pet ghost would help out somehow too.

Gardevoir(F). Can teleport wherever you need to go, telekinesis and all that cool hocus pocus stuff. It will give it's own life as a bodyguard according to Dexter which is admirable.

I'm not sure I would fill the last two slots. These four choices seem very practical. Thought of changing out Gardevoir for Sigilyph for certain stereotypical reasons (some people are out to ruin childhoods), but I'm going to let nostalgia win this time.

I play mostly competitive pokemon nowadays, meaning I value stats/movesets more than the "bond" I have over a pokemon. 

But when I play the main story for the first time, I keep the same team around, train it etc.

For your situation tho, you could use one of the hitmon family as a "bodyguard". You could also use a garchomp for type coverage and all in all being an exotic pet. :D

sup guys.

Remember when Gust, Karate Chop and Bite were Normal type moves?

Just now, Daring said:

sup guys.

Nope I am too young.

Just now, beach_boy98 said:

Nope I am too young.

In generation I, those three moves were Normal type, meaning Machop couldn't get STAB for Karate Chop and... well, Pidgey could still get STAB for Gust because it's part Normal. Also, the Dark type didn't exist yet so Normal types got STAB for Bite, rather than Dark types.

3 minutes ago, Daring said:

In generation I, those three moves were Normal type, meaning Machop couldn't get STAB for Karate Chop and... well, Pidgey could still get STAB for Gust because it's part Normal. Also, the Dark type didn't exist yet so Normal types got STAB for Bite, rather than Dark types.

Ah cool. So its kinda like the fairy type getting added.

Just now, beach_boy98 said:

Ah cool. So its kinda like the fairy type getting added.

Yeah, although the Fairy type wasn't a thing until generation VI.

2 hours ago, Daring said:

sup guys.

I remember when splash was. Ah gen 1.

2 hours ago, Daring said:

sup guys.

Or when Sand Attack was Normal type too?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Or when Sand Attack was Normal type too?

I forgot about that!

Or when Magmenite/Magneton was just a mono electric type? 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

(I use the Max Revive once again)

I just bought a Burning Winds (starter?) deck and 3 Ancient Origins 5 card boosters. Hype! :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

It's hard to believe that Pokemon is going to celebrate a 20th anniversary.

I've been on board for about 17 of those years. I first got into it in Kindergarten, so either 1999 or 2000.

Yup, pretty hard to believe.  I remember when it first came out and how fast it became popular. It was like wild fire. xD

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I was six years old when Pokémon hit the west. Kinda amazing seeing it alive and well today.

3 hours ago, Dobbsjr said:

I'm pretty young compared to other people on this thread. My first game was Diamond.

Have you at least tried the older games? Like Gold or Silver? :o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Speaking of the older games, I've been replaying Blue. Been taking advantage of some glitches I haven't before, like the Brock skip glitch. Also did the Mew glitch and am considering doing the duplication glitch. I mean, a party of six Mews isn't OP, right...?

I'm pretty young compared to other people on this thread. My first game was Diamond.

My first one was pearl albeit years after release...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

On 9-2-2016 at 5:51 AM, Daring said:

Speaking of the older games, I've been replaying Blue. Been taking advantage of some glitches I haven't before, like the Brock skip glitch. Also did the Mew glitch and am considering doing the duplication glitch. I mean, a party of six Mews isn't OP, right...?

I still want to do another playthrough of a gen 1 game and do a whole lot of glitches. 

Diamond is probably the first time I better understood Pokémon. Played Red and Yellow when I was like 3-7 years old (didn't beat the Elite 4 though, because I didn't know about revives or heaing items as a whole), somewhere around that time I played Gold and didn't get further than one badge (didn't know where to go, because I didn't speak English), I skipped Gen 3 and I got a DS Lite close to when it released and thus played Diamond on it too.

I didn't fully understand the game (was like 10 years old when it came out), but it was fun. Took me a long time to get through the victory road though. 

24 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Diamond is probably the first time I better understood Pokémon. Played Red and Yellow when I was like 3-7 years old (didn't beat the Elite 4 though, because I didn't know about revives or heaing items as a whole), somewhere around that time I played Gold and didn't get further than one badge (didn't know where to go, because I didn't speak English), I skipped Gen 3 and I got a DS Lite close to when it released and thus played Diamond on it too.

I didn't fully understand the game (was like 10 years old when it came out), but it was fun. Took me a long time to get through the victory road though. 

First main story pokemon game I played was Platinum. I did what everyone did and just used my starter all game.