What do LEDs in fans really look like?

Mao_Zedong
Go to solution Solved by MrYuriy,

no shit Sherlock (that's why a personal opinion is needed)

I'm done here.

You were "done here" before you started. Your immaturity rang supreme.

And you've still missed the point. OP asked What the LEDs on Fans look like, not IF "blueballs" likes LEDs on fans. 

So, no, your personal opinion was not needed.

You're wrong in every single word you uttered in this thread, except for being done here. That you are.

Now, onto something that matters...

@Biferony - The best answer here is to watch YT videos of the fans in action. I know exactly what you mean; not only is it hard to evaluate what it'll look like, but many times the same fans might even seem different. There's a reason for that. But, again, just search YT for the particular fans you're interested in, or just comparison videos (there are plenty). I had this same question a few years back but back then there weren't as many videos, so you're lucky. The Internet wins again. :D

Good luck mate~

You gotta think what look you want your PC to have. The enermax vegas have a very unique look, so do the thermaltake ring series, i have leds strips instead of LED fans, the thing about corsair is that the voltage controls both the RPMs and lights, so they flash less if you turn them down, for me that's a dealbreaker. Simply put if you like lights on your PC, get led fans, its your PC, look for finished builds in youtube, stuff like that, and reviews, lotta reviews.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

no shit Sherlock (that's why a personal opinion is needed)

I'm done here.

You were "done here" before you started. Your immaturity rang supreme.

And you've still missed the point. OP asked What the LEDs on Fans look like, not IF "blueballs" likes LEDs on fans. 

So, no, your personal opinion was not needed.

You're wrong in every single word you uttered in this thread, except for being done here. That you are.

Now, onto something that matters...

@Biferony - The best answer here is to watch YT videos of the fans in action. I know exactly what you mean; not only is it hard to evaluate what it'll look like, but many times the same fans might even seem different. There's a reason for that. But, again, just search YT for the particular fans you're interested in, or just comparison videos (there are plenty). I had this same question a few years back but back then there weren't as many videos, so you're lucky. The Internet wins again. :D

Good luck mate~

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

looks like shit

I hate led for pc.

I don't light LED on PC either. It's PC, not christmas tree.

However, I got a 140mm white led fan when I bough the case. It's quieter than the one I intended to replace so I keep it. I set it run on low voltage so the light is dim enough for me.

I don't light LED on PC either. It's PC, not christmas tree.

I would not exactly call this a christmas tree:

WP000395.jpg

LED fans can be quite subtle, as long as you don't overdo it.

PS: Please look past the quite bright status LED on the external HDD...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --