What do LEDs in fans really look like?

Mao_Zedong
Go to solution Solved by MrYuriy,

no shit Sherlock (that's why a personal opinion is needed)

I'm done here.

You were "done here" before you started. Your immaturity rang supreme.

And you've still missed the point. OP asked What the LEDs on Fans look like, not IF "blueballs" likes LEDs on fans. 

So, no, your personal opinion was not needed.

You're wrong in every single word you uttered in this thread, except for being done here. That you are.

Now, onto something that matters...

@Biferony - The best answer here is to watch YT videos of the fans in action. I know exactly what you mean; not only is it hard to evaluate what it'll look like, but many times the same fans might even seem different. There's a reason for that. But, again, just search YT for the particular fans you're interested in, or just comparison videos (there are plenty). I had this same question a few years back but back then there weren't as many videos, so you're lucky. The Internet wins again. :D

Good luck mate~

So my question is what do LEDs in some fans look like in real life? I have seen pictures of them with just light in the four LED spots, but I have also seen pictures where they are blurred into the whole area. I am thinking of using the corsair 120mm fans, so base your answers on that style.

Generally, I think they look pretty bad as it's 4 lines through the fan blades in a Swastika-esque fashion. I'd look into the Thermaltake RIING fans which have a pretty unique look.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

AWESOME initially..... 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

they look ok? its not really the fan thats inluminated tho, its a bit of plastic behind the fan on the ones i have

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

They are blurred into the whole area IRL

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I hate led for pc.

AWESOME initially..... 

Can you guys not read a two line post...

Generally, I think they look pretty bad as it's 4 lines through the fan blades in a Swastika-esque fashion. I'd look into the Thermaltake RIING fans which have a pretty unique look.

I've seen the bifenix spectre fans, and they seem to have the same thing. I may get those instead of the corsair ones, but it'll be in a corsair air 240, and I won't be replacing all of them, so it may look a little funny.

I have the sp120 led on my h100i i think they look pretty nice.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I hate led for pc.

I'm confused as to how that has anything to do with what OP asked..

Your opinion & post-collecting is duly noted, if that's what you wanted, though..

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I've seen the bifenix spectre fans, and they seem to have the same thing. I may get those instead of the corsair ones, but it'll be in a corsair air 240, and I won't be replacing all of them, so it may look a little funny.

I'm confused as to how that has anything to do with what OP asked..

Your opinion & post-collecting is duly noted, if that's what you wanted, though..

edited

I have the red Jetflo,where the light emits from center and gives this soft light effect 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Here is what my cooler master led fans look like, I got two of them for 12 USD from newegg, but at night they look better when the ambient light is lower 20be704cf9744a7b07273b63765c13b7.jpg

So my question is what do LEDs in some fans look like in real life?

I am just saying what I personally think of how it's look.If you didn't want our opinions you shouldn't have post this question.

By coming in here and asking how it's look in real life I though you wanted real experience of how they look and for real they look like shit. 

some people are really fucking annoying 

I am just saying what I personally think of how it's look.If you didn't want our opinions you shouldn't have post this question.

By coming in here and asking how it's look in real life I though you wanted real experience of how they look and for real they look like shit. 

some people are really fucking annoying 

This isn't supposed to be opinion based. I was asking if there would be light over then entire fan, or just in the spots with the LEDs. Almost everybody else gave good replies, but you decided to just be argumentative and annoying. You really should have stopped after that first response. 

don'T you know google???

there's millions of images there

Here is what my cooler master led fans look like, I got two of them for 12 USD from newegg, but at night they look better when the ambient light is lower

Are those BC120s? I've got some BC140s myself, and they were indeed incredibly cheap. Sadly the place where I bought them ran out after I bought two, so my third blue LED fan became a Corsair AF140 instead, which is both louder and a lot more expensive...

@Biferony : What LED fans look like will depend on the transparency of the fan blades. If they're fully transparent, you're likely to see lines protruding from the location of the LEDs, but if they're more opaque, the LEDs will provide a more evenly spread glow.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

This isn't supposed to be opinion based. I was asking if there would be light over then entire fan, or just in the spots with the LEDs. Almost everybody else gave good replies, but you decided to just be argumentative and annoying. You really should have stopped after that first response.

I think you need to stop going after people trying to help you

It depends on the fans. Most, such as the corsair, will have the 4 lines.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

don'T you know google???

there's millions of images there

It because things like this can look way different in pictures compared to real life, and I have seen pictures both ways.

no shit Sherlock (that's why a personal opinion is needed)

I'm done here.

I think you need to stop going after people trying to help you

He obviously wasn't trying to help me, given what he said and how he worded it. I was liking people's posts if they gave relevant information, so I obviously wasn't going after them.

He obviously wasn't trying to help me, given what he said and how he worded it. I was liking people's posts if they gave relevant information, so I obviously wasn't going after them.

Seemed like he was trying to help from what I saw

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Seemed like he was trying to help from what I saw

All he said was that he hated them, then they looked like shit, then irrelevant information that I explained in the OP, and finally just arguing.

Are those BC120s? I've got some BC140s myself, and they were indeed incredibly cheap. Sadly the place where I bought them ran out after I bought two, so my third blue LED fan became a Corsair AF140 instead, which is both louder and a lot more expensive...

@Biferony : What LED fans look like will depend on the transparency of the fan blades. If they're fully transparent, you're likely to see lines protruding from the location of the LEDs, but if they're more opaque, the LEDs will provide a more evenly spread glow.

No according to newegg they ate R4-L2S-122B-GP.

No according to newegg they ate R4-L2S-122B-GP.

Right, I see. They do look a bit like the BC-series with their completely transparent fan blades and casing...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --