How important is a side panel fan?

Cs342

Honestly, this would be my approach:

3h100ialternativeexaust.png

3 exhaust and 1 intake?? isn't that bad

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Honestly, this would be my approach:

3h100ialternativeexaust.png

I would turn the rear from exhaust to an intake and add a Silverstone fan filter.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would turn the rear from exhaust to an intake and add a Silverstone fan filter.

Tbh I think I'll just use the top 200mm fan to intake and blow cool air onto my CPU that would be  the best option imo

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

it CAN make a significant difference IF and only IF your other intakes (normally your front fans) are not sufficient/low quality, however know its corsair, chances are you wont have problem unless you are overclocking your gpu extremely hard, then it may help

i had a older budget cooler master case that only had 1 intake and 1 exhaust, and my reference 550ti was going 80+ degree celcius when under heavy gaming load. i added 2 high rpm fans (also cooler master) on the slots directly next to the gpu and the temp dropped at least 10 degrees. however it was noisy and power consuming. now i have two front intake and 1 rear exhaust using high quality (noctua) fans, and my overclocked 7870 is running perfectly fine under the same "load".

tl;dr  you probably dont need it cause its corsair, but see how you do without a side fan first

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850