Best option for secondary psu?

Lays

I'm looking at doing an external watercooling loop for my GPU soon, but I'd like a second psu for outside the case to power the pump and fans on the radiator outside the case.

Is there something other than a normal PSU I could use? Or if I did use a psu, is it OK to "jump" the psu with like a wire or paperclip 24/7?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Why wouldn't you get one big power supply? Won't that be a hassle to have two?

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I'm looking at doing an external watercooling loop for my GPU soon, but I'd like a second psu for outside the case to power the pump and fans on the radiator outside the case.

Is there something other than a normal PSU I could use? Or if I did use a psu, is it OK to "jump" the psu with like a wire or paperclip 24/7?

I think you can do some crazy contraption through molex using your existing PSU, though I could be wrong about that.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I would just get one PSU personally but if you must get a second one, a regular one will work fine. I would get one of these. Flipping the switch on the back of the psu would be annoying if it was on the ground or something. You could run the 24 pin up to your desk so that you have this switch easily accessible. I also would not trust a paperclip for 24/7 use. If it falls out, you could have some problems.

On top of this, would strongly caution making an external loop. I don't really see the point in doing it. All you will end up doing is spending more on fluid and probably tubing. Then you will have a computer that can't be moved more than 2 feet without the help of another person. Filling it would be a hassle too if you don't plan to have a mount for the res. You would need to elevate the res outside of the case for the best results.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6