Should get a DAC or no?

Echodamus

So I'm not really an audiophile, but I do like quality sound. Currently I have a Denon AVR-X110W and ATH M-50x hooked up to my rig, and I just run the m50x off the receiver. So, is it worth while getting a DAC, would it make any noticeable difference over the receiver? Thanks for the help. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

if you aren't hearing any noise from you pc and there isn't any static without any audio playing it might not be worth your money to get a dac

If anything I would get a tube amp for your m-50x or use it as a preamp to the Denon.

How is your computer connected to the reciver? Becuase there most likely is already a DAC in the receiver, and knowing Denon, it's probably a pretty good one.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

How is your computer connected to the reciver? Becuase there most likely is already a DAC in the receiver, and knowing Denon, it's probably a pretty good one.

Through HDMI... I could also hook it up through fiber if that would work better. 

Through HDMI... I could also hook it up through fiber if that would work better. 

It doesn't matter which one you use, since it's a digital signal being passed into the receiver.

Since you are already using a digital source for your audio, you have a DAC. And as I said, it's probably a pretty good one. 

I don't think you would notice any difference upgrading to anything different.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It doesn't matter which one you use, since it's a digital signal being passed into the receiver.

Since you are already using a digital source for your audio, you have a DAC. And as I said, it's probably a pretty good one. 

I don't think you would notice any difference upgrading to anything different.

Thanks. I figured as much, the receiver was expensive enough that I figured it would be solid, I just wanted to get a second opinion. Again, thank you so much. 

There is 1 potential possibility, that is the receiver, being not specially tailored for headphone use, might have a bad headphone amp. Bad meaning, but not limited to, noises, high output impedance, high noise floor. 

Receivers are usually tailored for speaker system uses. The headphone port are there mostly for monitoring purposes. 

This is just a possibility tho, so it may or may not be the case.