Yamada 5.1 system to PC

Tadas

Hello everyone!

So I have Yamada home theatre system with 5.1 Audio. I haven`t used it for like 5 years so I decided to improve my PC audio experience :) So there is my setup (photos below):

• My motherboard (ASUS F2A85-V PRO)
  • Yamada audio system from home cinema setup (5.1)
  • Cables

What cables do I need to connect it to my pc? Will I need to install something? I know little about audio stuff so please help dear people of LTT forum :D

Thank you! :)

post-1515-0-15175100-1435324492_thumb.jp

post-1515-0-93303700-1435324504_thumb.jp

post-1515-0-41530300-1435324514_thumb.jp

post-1515-0-82198700-1435324519_thumb.jp

post-1515-0-80335900-1435324528_thumb.jp

post-1515-0-73250300-1435324535_thumb.jp

post-1515-0-92550500-1435324548_thumb.jp

post-1515-0-20708100-1435324554_thumb.jp

You'd need a RCA/Component to green[PC Audio] cable or adapter.

my pc has rear, side, and subwoofer audio ports(aux) also line out and audio out. does that change anything?

Can you show me a pic of the back where the audio ports are?  Sometimes PCs only like to use VGA, headphone, mic, green, and HDMI for audio even if they have other ports.  It really depends on the motherboard, and/or if some ports are dead or not.

a6497f88f8a32cbb0ac048a39aded40a.jpg

a6497f88f8a32cbb0ac048a39aded40a.jpg

everything is alive and working

Damn that thing looks vintage as hell....

You'd need 3x RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable. Amazon or ebay is a good source, or just search your local shop. They're dirt cheap.

After you got the 3x cables above:

- connect the satellites first (to the audio out of that sub/control center)

- plug all 3x RCA cables to the audio in

- plug the other ends of the RCA cables (the 3.5mm ends) to your onboard audio jacks accordingly. Might want to refer to your mobo's manual for the correct jacks

- profit!!

^This.

You'd need 3x RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable. Amazon or ebay is a good source, or just search your local shop. They're dirt cheap.

- plug the other ends of the RCA cables (the 3.5mm ends) to your onboard audio jacks accordingly. Might want to refer to your mobo's manual for the correct jacks

- profit!!

did everything, but did not got cables in the store, so I`ll try to either buy cables or buy other cables to extend or make the connections more slim, becouse now I have them they just do not fit xD Thank you guys really much!

did everything, but did not got cables in the store, so I`ll try to either buy cables or buy other cables to extend or make the connections more slim, becouse now I have them they just do not fit xD Thank you guys really much!

Just a heads up ITS ALIVE :D Thank you guys, very much again :)

-????

- profit!!

You forgot the question marks, so I fixed it for you. :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Great!

never seen a speaker with inputs like that, but glad you got it working.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of suround sound systems

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Wonderful is only fitting for a good system. I didn't even know that Yamada makes audio systems. With that small power plug, that system looks very cheap. I don't think it will sound good at all, but who knows, maybe you'll like it.

Great!

never seen a speaker with inputs like that, but glad you got it working.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of suround sound systems

^This.

Everything is kind of okay. But now I faced a problem and I don`t know how to solve it. When I play my music take for example winamp, It is perfect everything is up and running. But as soon as I turn on my Youtube playlist Just FR;FL and Subwoofer plays the music, center, SR and SL are just sitting there and doing nothing. I checked realtek drivers and everything works and it is placed well, also I ran sound tests and everything works ok except Youtube :(

Everything is kind of okay. But now I faced a problem and I don`t know how to solve it. When I play my music take for example winamp, It is perfect everything is up and running. But as soon as I turn on my Youtube playlist Just FR;FL and Subwoofer plays the music, center, SR and SL are just sitting there and doing nothing. I checked realtek drivers and everything works and it is placed well, also I ran sound tests and everything works ok except Youtube :(

Nope, thats just what happens. YT and other browser based aplications do not take advantage of surround

Wonderful is only fitting for a good system. I didn't even know that Yamada makes audio systems. With that small power plug, that system looks very cheap. I don't think it will sound good at all, but who knows, maybe you'll like it.

LOL i read Yamaha so...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yamaha would be okay, but Yamada? Naaagh [emoji38].

Yeah ive never heard of Yamada.

I rerad Yamaha so i thought it was pretty good.

But no.