I will find out soon. Mine is going back to ebuyer, LG issued a BER letter I have sent over to ebuyer.

Hopefully I'll get one that was manufactured in January. Although I'm sure the freesync range is 38hz to 75hz as reported in the crimson software. It can be altered though apparently:

http://wccftech.com/amd-freesync-hack-expands-refresh-rate-range/

Might give that a go once my new one turns up.

There's a reddit thread on it here https://m.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3u9h3r/lg_29um67p_freesync_range_increased_to_3075_hz/

Edited by Sam0r

Just returned my monitor for the 2nd time, they gave me a crap reconditioned one that looks like someone chained it to a truck and dragged it a couple hundred feet. So, I requested another RMA on Friday... They were supposed to get me the shipping label within 48 hours... That time has come and gone. They have yet to respond to my latest message, sent yesterday. Dammit LG. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

After all this time, LG finally sent me an uplift authorisation to return the monitor to Scan for credit. The model is currently unavailable through Scan at the moment, no idea why. I have no idea why LG wouldn't send me a replacement.

Anyhow, I'm going for the BenQ XL2730Z.

It only took 6 months, lol

On 24/02/2016 at 4:51 AM, panda10 said:

Just to clear things up (this applies at least to Brazil):
Monitors manufactured in August/2015 has the grey pixels issue. Plus, the freesync range is 48-60/75. I had one of these faulty monitors.
But from october/2015 onwards (maybe even september, I don't know anybody with a 29UM67 from september), LG has corrected this issue (no more grey pixel line) and changed the freesync range to 40-60/75.
I know this because a lot of people have the 29UM67 here and the newer ones doesn't have this issue so far.
I'm pretty sure it's a new revision of the mainboard or something like this. I sent my first 29UM67 to warranty and they couldn't solve the issue, so I got my money back. Now I bought a new one, manufactured in january/2016 and can confirm that the issue has been corrected and the range has been updated.
Is this valid in the case of anyone here?

Well, I have now re-purchased the 29UM67-P and have it on my desk at the office. I can't test freesync right now as nothing here even has displayport let alone an AMD gpu.

But, the manufacturing date is December 2015 so it shouldn't have the grey line issue. My old model would do freesync all the way down to 30hz which also enabled the AMD low frame rate compensation. Hopefully this monitor will OC to 80hz and I'll be able to get freesync working between 30hz and 80hz! I'll let you know how I get on.

For what it's worth, it seems that LG have discontinued these monitors now. So if you're in the market for one, buy now.

• 6 months later...

Hi!
I have the same problem with my monitor: 2 grey lines at the bottom, if Freesync is on. Already happening in the Bios. Built Jan15.

I sent it to LG with a detailed description and in mind, that they probably know about this already...
Well LG Germany sent the 29UM67 back to me, saying everything is fine and it would probably be just a graphics card error or a bad cable.
Obivously i tested it with different state of the art display port cables and a 290X.
After calling them and asking if the technical department knows about this systemic error with 29UM67s built Aug15 and earlier, they wrote me a few days later, that nothing of that sort is known. (LG Germany doesnt have the data of LG US).

So if any of you could send me a reply of LG stating that this error is systematic / in many monitors before aug15, that would be very much appreciated :)

Thank You Very Much!

Alex