Does gold plated do anything?

Teemo4Life

Gold plated apparently is just cool but dosent improve anything

Heard it from this vid: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pg4fXuqeHg

I always wanted a gold plated G1 Gaming 970 WB. :/

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Gold plated apparently is just cool but dosent improve anything

Improves connectivity and prevents corrosions and rust

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

For digital connections, nothing really.

Cables and connections won't rust if you don't get them wet. If they're getting wet, you're doing something wrong.

I dropped my usb and it survived all night in the rain

Well, if you believe the "experts" that use Monster Cables, it turns a normal hdmi cable and makes it 5K AND 9.5 SURROUND CAPABLE with DIAMONDS.

Or something like that.

"Ghost"

Intel i5-4690k 4.6 GHz 1.25v | NZXT Kraken x61 | Asus Z97-AR | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT 2050 MHz

NZXT h440 White | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB  |Asus VG248QE  | Win 10

Cables and connections won't rust if you don't get them wet. If they're getting wet, you're doing something wrong.

Cables can corrode in air, especially in more humid environment, dont forget copper can oxidise when it reacts with oxygen etc 

EDIT: however yes its pretty pointless for digital connections, for analogue its way more important, especially with audio equiptment

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It does nothing besides prevent corrosion and maybe help with increasing the amount of insertions due to the fact it's a softer metal anyone who says it makes a difference is talking bs.

ESC Fan connections come in handy for that

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

The only (!) times that gold plating matters is when incredibly high conductivity is needed (CPU pins etc) and for analog connections in attempt to improve the connections (hifi audio cables).

It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever with digital cables such as HDMI or USB. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. 

For analog connections yes, because any signal degradation can be detected with sensitive enough equipment, or be exacerbated over distance of the cable, the less resistance, the better the signal.

With a digital connection it doesn't matter much, as the sender, and receiver talk to each other, and correct as needed. If you don't get a signal of sufficient strength, then you don't get a picture. You might get a couple of extra centimeters of cable length before the signal degrades by using gold connections, but in reality it doesn't matter.