DEEPCOOL Tristellar PC Case Mod

Mnpctech

I was asked to share my Deepcool TRISTELLAR Gaming PC Case Mod here. I created this mod  by their request to release as “Bill Owen” signature edition later this year. Here are all of the photos. Feel free to post any questions.

"This unique case disrupts the traditional concept of a PC case, splits components into three cabins; three high hardness “V” shape metal frames and full metal shells ensure Tristellar has a reliable and solid structure, the system is not only for an artistic appearance, but also a great cooling performance by separating the most heat-generating parts of a PC. The case supports the latest gaming configuration, it is an excellent choice for gamer or PC builder who want a case with both high performance and aesthetics."

Deepcool DA700 ATX Power Supply

Deepcool Maelstrom CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 04G-P4-2982-KR Superclocked G-SYNC Support Video Card

3x Crucial MX100 CT256MX100SSD1 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)  

ASUS Z97I-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I74790 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 Series Original (White LED) 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Module Model AVD3U24001004G-2BZ1

deepcool_tristellar_window_case_mod_mnpc

fractal_design_define_s_case_mod_mesh_be

deepcool_tristellar_pc_fan_cover_vents_g

I'm using drill bits and attachments from this Craftsman pack

craftsman_metal_wood_plastic_drill_bits_

deepcool_tristellar_white_gaming_pc_mnpc

deepcool_intel_nvidia_mnpctech_computex_

17 years of helping you void your warranty

Omg yes I want this case so bad, even more now.

Problem for me is it's not exactly portable, even with a handle.

But I can dream.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Bill I love every build you do! Even though your shop has crappy lighting, your mods always look awesome! 

Saw the tools on the wall knew it was going to be good. Reminds me of a star wars pod racer. Very nice.

Ohhhh this is going to be interesting!  :D

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

Thanks for the comments everyone! This was prototype for retail version Deepcool will be offering as "Bill Owen Edition" later this year. ...Crazy!! I never dreamed I would see my name on a PC case listed on Newegg... I hope it opens more doors to working with other manufacturers!

I share video of this PC Mod in my recent VLOG

• 3 weeks later...
My Tristellar limited edition case is set for release by Deepcool this Fall. CPU Magazine published a detailed article about the case in this month's issue. You can read the Digital edition free here, http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalIssues/ComputerPowerUser/CP____1507__/ 

1_deepcool_tristellar_mnpctech1.jpg

1_deepcool_tristellar_mnpctech4.jpg

1_deepcool_tristellar_mnpctech3.jpg

1_deepcool_tristellar_mnpctech2.jpg

Man that thing's pretty B.A. I like it, it looks like a case you can buy. I don't mean to insult you, that's actually a compliment. It almost looks like it's stock because it's so well done.

Noice.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

that's probably the best case/mod that I've ever seen. The presentation is outstanding.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Thank you Andy! It will be sold by Deepcool as limited edition later this year.

Thank you AHaskin. It was a fun project to create for Deepcool.

Thanks for checking out my build and commenting. Also wanted to mention it was important to Deepcool that I didn't make any radical changes to the chassis, so they could easily adapt my modifications to their design. Having to create new factory molds or stamping would have driven up retail costs. This is why the louvered grills are bolt-on parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the kind words, I'm already brainstorming ideas for my next Deepcool case. Something cheaper to reach wider audience is on top of my list. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all of the views and comments! Newegg has already sold 6 of the 25 cases so far. I'll take that as good news, since it was only released 2.5 weeks ago. I did ask that Deepcool tells Newegg to post better photos, they really are poor, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853016

• 2 months later...
Thank you for the kind words. My goal is to create a custom mid tower that is more affordable for everyone. I caught a local customer unbox my Deepcool Tristellar case in my latest vlog and I giveaway a new Thormax GIANT tower, too! To enter, tell me how you would use it in my video comments. Just click on video link to bring you to the comments page. I'll reply to individual I've chosen as winner on 1/16/16