Best + Quietest case fans

Mac

look at bitfenix's range. the spectre pros are pretty quiet in my experience.

bequiet fans are also very quiet ;))

They would have to with that name ;) And specific model?

Silent Wings 2

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

where do you buy bequiet fans in canada?

anyone know?

Hard to find cuz it's german brand and they are trying to get to US/Canadian market aswell now

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

et some Silent Wings 2 or Bitfenix Spectre Pro's.. both just outstanding!

damn silent even at 100% and moving great amount of air while keeping good air presure

Noctua's are the best hands down. They offer great performance while silent. However, if you don't like the looks of them, you can go for silverstone aps.

I think it's hard to narrow it down to the absolute best case fan.

I used a few of these and loved them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835426016

My only problem is they can't start at 5v, they have to start at 7v and get lowered to 5v.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Noctua's are the best. But if cannot bare them, I would get Air Penetrators or Gentle Typhoons. Stay away from Corsair High Pressure Series.
I agree GTs are awesome. I have two on my H100 plunged into the pump and I get great temps and they are almost silent.

anyone know where to buy bequiet products in the USA?

I have Cougar fans in my case and they are really quiet. I have 2x 120mm pwm fans as push/pull on my cpu heatsink, a 120mm exhaust and a 140mm side intake. I also have a Coolermaster 200mm as a front intake and another 200 as a top exhaust and I don't really notice them at all.

• Intel Core i7 2600k 4.5Ghz

Sapphire 7950

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Cooler Master 850w

Corsair H100i

Fractal Design Define R4

Roccat Kone+ Mouse

Logitech G15 Keyboard

You can try to spray paint/recolour the outside of the noctua fans, just make sure you don't mess it up!
you can die the fan any coulor check this out http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=35185
| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

You can try to spray paint/recolour the outside of the noctua fans, just make sure you don't mess it up!
Nice example.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I know that people always complain about the Noctua colour scheme, so has anyone ever tried to repaint the fans? As I am curious if there is a way around the brown and cremey colours of a pretty amazing fans.
You can dye them, this was posted earlier in the thread by someone else

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=35185

i use 8 Noctua NF-P12 fans with low noise adapters in my case. the most audible component is my gpu.

I'm currently using the Cougar fans and they work great. Pretty silent at decent RPM.

Good Morning...

Try Courgar Vortex's, availiable in 120 and 140mm. Can easily find them from directcon.com or tigerdirect.com

They are good quality, quiet and have a nice black with small orange accents color scheme; which is why I went with them instead of Noctua, just like you, and have never looked back.

anyone know where to buy bequiet products in the USA?
Newegg and NCIX will be getting them near the beginning of February.

You can always look at the dB rating of a fan.

20 = silent

25 = quiet

30 = bearable

40 = temporary

Sorry for the late reply. I only just rediscovered pages 3 and 4 of this thread.

I often look at the latest review just so I have the respective site's full list of dB measurements, but other than that clicking was just an example. A high hum can be the same volume as a low woosh to a dB meter and a lot of sites throw around words like "silent" and "nigh-inaudible" for noises that simply don't qualify. Point is, a dB rating is a good initial filter, but two fans at say, 28dB, can sound very different.

the noctua fan color isnt to bad if you put lights in your case

You can always look at the dB rating of a fan.

20 = silent

25 = quiet

30 = bearable

40 = temporary

Agree with you there. The dB rating is a good guideline.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

SilenX fans have the BEST cfm to noise ratio

under 14dba, over 74cfm

extremely quiet

another good brand is fractal design

they also have a decent cfm for very low dba

and the colour scheme is awesome!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Cougar fans are great, very silent and decent rpm. Great look as well as it is a orange fan with black frame.

Good Morning...

Have Corsair SP120s Quiet Edition. Week later I got Noctua NF-F12 becaues SP120 Quiet Edition are not Quiet. NF-F12 are great. I love them. Nice and quiet and save level of performance as the SP120s but with a lower RPM speed and less to no air noise.

SP120s Quiet Edition made wind buffering noise and at idle to mid rpm there's coil whine. NF-12 quiet at idle to mid rpm. Only hear some wind noise and its only at full speed 1500rpm and its 50% less noise them the SP120s. SP120s Quiet Edition are good performance fans but just loud for me.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Noctua fans, Gentle Typhoons and anything Be Quiet! has to offer. Be quiet will be available in North America early February. They've had much delay since their expected late 2012 launch.
I'm so psyched to pick up some of their fans, they're supposed to be pretty baller (and they're black too :D)

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial